Let’s talk wide receivers

Advertisement
I see a close, low scoring, grind it out game with A&M. I think we will match up pretty well but they have some difference makers that we dont on offense. Our yards are all going to be difficult to come by where I think they can break a couple big plays with Devon Achane or maybe Evan Stewart. Thats going to be the difference

I see a close, low scoring, grind it out game with A&M. I think we will match up pretty well but they have some difference makers that we dont on offense. Our yards are all going to be difficult to come by where I think they can break a couple big plays with Devon Achane or maybe Evan Stewart. Thats going to be the difference
Rooster is capable of big plays. Stewart has to prove it

To be honest I can’t pinpoint one outside of the youth that will play. They’re technically sound and aggressive. By design, (at least for sure against Miami) there will be one on one shots. I know for a fact they’re not planning for any of our WR room. They’ll all be on islands. A lot of 1 on 1s. But someone could emerge before then and make them change that. A snap hasn’t been played yet
Aren’t their LBs supposed to be kind of average? Could be something the TEs and backs can exploit

Advertisement
All this talk sounds very pre Miami vs LSU 2018 like. I am not saying it'll turn out that way but there was some of the same confidence in here and deductive reasoning
True, but we all knew LSU wasn't some juggernaut going into that game, during that game, and after that game. We shot ourselves in the foot a multitude of times - from turning the ball over, missed tackles on their RB, and having the worst punter in the P5. Burrow didn't do jack against us; not saying we win if we could competently tackle and play special teams (because Malik was trash), but the gap between the two wasn't as stark as indicated that day.

This one should** feature two higher-caliber teams; I think a lot of the more negative posters here are acting like we're breaking in an entirely new roster or something. In particular, we return 80% of production on the defensive end and addressed significant holes in roster via the transfer portal; too many individuals have said this defense is **** good for it to be a false hope imo. Coaching staff is Top 5 in the country. We shouldn't be beat down by marquee opponents like in the past...not saying we'll win, but I wholeheartedly expect to keep this within 14 points.

The offense Mario wants to run requires every position on the offense to have top end talent. You need an elite offensive line that can run and pass block, great backs and WR’s that create separation with little to no space to work with. Not to mention a QB that can run the complex system. There’s no arguing the spread does have flaws and is exposed at times, but what I don’t think you realize it gives MIAMI the best chance of success. Miami should never be under center and the TE’s be the focal point of the offense, we should be high flying and exciting to watch. And I hate to say it, but as long as we primarily recruit South Florida, our kids will never have the capacity to learn complex NFL type systems.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
All this talk sounds very pre Miami vs LSU 2018 like. I am not saying it'll turn out that way but there was some of the same confidence in here and deductive reasoning
That analogy has some revisionist history to it. We were coming off a 10 win season and preseason top 10. They were pre-season 25. LSU had an unknown transfer at QB that couldn't get on the field at Ohio St. and all of those skill players were underclassmen.

It’s a question mark to more than just me. Mirabal is a good coach but I got to see it. And from the sound of it the o-line has improved but it’s still not at that level i was talking about.
Well I guess we will just have to see then. Mario has been nothing but Frank and has not minced words about what's lacking on this team.

He and Mirabal say the line is capable so I'm sticking with it till I see otherwise.

This line was **** good at pass blocking and with better techniques and a variant run playback they will show they can road grade to, IMHO.

We will find out soon enough.

The offense Mario wants to run requires every position on the offense to have top end talent. You need an elite offensive line that can run and pass block, great backs and WR’s that create separation with little to no space to work with. Not to mention a QB that can run the complex system. There’s no arguing the spread does have flaws and is exposed at times, but what I don’t think you realize it gives MIAMI the best chance of success. Miami should never be under center and the TE’s be the focal point of the offense, we should be high flying and exciting to watch. And I hate to say it, but as long as we primarily recruit South Florida, our kids will never have the capacity to learn complex NFL type systems.

Are you saying South Florida athletes have never learned NFL systems before?

Advertisement
Good thing Rambo left. He got cut. Dummy comes back gets BSF and is on everyone’s AA list with a great college QB and a run game to compliment. Would’ve been a total win/win. Hopefully he catches into a practice squad

Advertisement
You are realistic about where the squad is currently. I am realistic about where the squad is right now. Some are expecting miracles this season. Which is totally cool.

I basically joked that you have been telling us everything was fixed and it’s final four or bust. All the while you have told everyone to temper the expectations. It was a weak attempt at humor. I need to stay in my lane.
Or, follow me here, people who are expecting miracles should acknowledge that’s what they’re doing. It’s cool to go into the season with high hopes, but as usual people here are expecting the moon and mocking anyone who has the nerve to point out the teams weaknesses.

I'm not worried about the receivers because the run game gone make it easier for them and TvD.

I'm going full Homer status just like Mario/Mirabal. They have confidence in the offense mainly because they are confident, to the point of ****y, in their ability to teach/develop the position.

You remember how offended Mirabal was when someone implied the Olinemen on the team weren't up to par or something of the such?

These guys legit think Gattis is the McDaniels to their Scarnecchia.

If they're hanging their hats on it then so am i.
RB gonna help the WR catch somehow?

True, but we all knew LSU wasn't some juggernaut going into that game, during that game, and after that game. We shot ourselves in the foot a multitude of times - from turning the ball over, missed tackles on their RB, and having the worst punter in the P5. Burrow didn't do jack against us; not saying we win if we could competently tackle and play special teams (because Malik was trash), but the gap between the two wasn't as stark as indicated that day.

This one should** feature two higher-caliber teams; I think a lot of the more negative posters here are acting like we're breaking in an entirely new roster or something. In particular, we return 80% of production on the defensive end and addressed significant holes in roster via the transfer portal; too many individuals have said this defense is **** good for it to be a false hope imo. Coaching staff is Top 5 in the country. We shouldn't be beat down by marquee opponents like in the past...not saying we'll win, but I wholeheartedly expect to keep this within 14 points.
LSU 2018 finished #6 in the country.

Advertisement
Back