Let’s talk wide receivers

Advertisement
Can’t agree with this take. The class of Brinson, George and Smith was the highest rated WR recruiting class at Miami in 247 history. If you think you need 5 stat receivers to have a competent passing offense, you’re ignoring the dozens of programs who put up huge numbers with guys rated much lower than ours. ****, we had our best passing offense ever last year with a couple of guys who didn’t even get drafted leading the way. If Josh Gattis can’t get a bunch of highly rated 4 star guys to produce, we need to start questioning his ability as a WR coach. Especially when George, Brinson and Smith all played very well when given snaps last year.
Everyone else i.e. Ohio St and Bama can have offenses where receivers understand but now Gattis is running some futuristic complex offense now?

He could’ve been 7 foot and ran a 4.3 that day and it wouldn’t have mattered. That was one of the best DL’s in Cfb against a mediocre Ol .

The turnstiles to get into the stadium would've put up a bigger fight that day against them.

I don't know how anyone could look at that game and come up with anything that would've amounted to anything more than minimal improvement.

George is going to be fine when the season starts. I also have a hard time believing Brinson won’t become a very good WR. He’s just too gifted. Both those guys have the IT factor as well. I feel these two and X will be the best of the bunch with Smith performing good as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t care what gatties does
He’s a broyles winner so I expect that he knows how to build around his best players
I’m curious to see how he uses guys like smith
How he plans on getting them in space
How he uses the tes
If we don’t have any wrs that can win jump balls have one of the te split wide in goal line situations
I think skinner would have a better chance winning a jump ball than bulldozing a de
Practice is all about finding your weaknesses so let’s see how he designs around them

I've been team Horton since before he committed so I'm sticking with that. He seems very coordinated and quick for his size and it sounds like he was actually winning contested catches prior to getting hurt. He may not kill it right away but as the season goes on i think he may fill the role of a diet Rambo to help keep the middle of the field open for the TEs/X.
Horton needs time. Only been with the team a few months and got nicked up....But...serious promise he has

Everyone else i.e. Ohio St and Bama can have offenses where receivers understand but now Gattis is running some futuristic complex offense now?
Maybe he should take some cues from those teams. It’s only his fourth year as a coordinator. He still has a lot to learn. He’s not some established coach who’s had years of success.

That wasn’t scheme or plays , that was an Ol being completely overmatched. The plays were over at the snap.
Yea the only way was to have a qb that could stand in ther and throw short quick passes
We didn’t have the personal for that
And pope and Wiggins would have dropped everything

Advertisement
Exactly it’s excuses
Either gattis is a poor teacher, our players were coached absolutely no fundamentals by manny which is possible seeing that his best wrs were transfers, our the players are just not that good

We say this every year with Unc. “ No way they beat us again”.
UNC is the only team in the conference with coordinators at our level. They are the only coastal team that has recruited even remotely comparably to us. They probably have a chip on their shoulder from last year and have flown under the radar nationally. They have beat us 3 straight years. I’m very concerned about that game.

Practice is one thing, games are another.

Ja'Marr Chase who is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones, struggled with drops during his first training camp with the Bengals. That didn't effect his season at all. I'm still holding at hope that it clicks for these guys or they gain some major confidence after two cupcake opponents.
WHYYYYYYYYYYY do y’all always go to extremes. ja’marr chase will sleep walk into the Hof if he stays healthy. Can we get a reasonable scenario for once

Advertisement
UNC is the only team in the conference with coordinators at our level. They are the only coastal team that has recruited even remotely comparably to us. They probably have a chip on their shoulder from last year and have flown under the radar nationally. They have beat us 3 straight years. I’m very concerned about that game.
Conference opener off a bye

Advertisement
The corner groups of A&M and Clemson are better but the safety’s of Miami >>>
Johnson on A&M is likely an All American this year. I’m sure you know that. Idk who else they have. Can’t wait to see our group of safeties tho.

Johnson on A&M is likely an All American this year. I’m sure you know that. Idk who else they have. Can’t wait to see our group of safeties tho.
Yup. He’s a beast. He’s actually gonna get some slot CB snaps to. Denver harris will be hard to keep off the field at CB as well

Yup. He’s a beast. He’s actually gonna get some slot CB snaps to. Denver harris will be hard to keep off the field at CB as well
I follow East St Louis very close (Johnson’s Alma Mater). I definitely thought he would be a WR at A&M instead of DB. He played both ways but I always thought WR was his money spot. Guess that’s why I’m not a coach.

Advertisement
Back