Lessons from Jeff Stoutland

I'd like to see McCoy do that behind a poor Oline, like what the Dolphins currently have.

Stoutland is legit and Kelce has been a really good player for the Eagles. Some of his best years were after McCoy was in Buffalo. I'm forced to watch more of the Eagles than i would like bc of my location. Peters was great but he had zero impact on Kelce inside.
Lol..I don’t know why I bother but an all pro LT can indeed solidify an entire OL. If that guy can be on an island then the rest of the OL, especially guys on the interior can double, chip, block on the next level, etc.

I keep forgetting simple ish has to get explained in here. & HOF GM Bill Polian is quoted as saying that a RB makes a OL. Argue with him. Stoutland was average at best here..& average in the NFL. He’s in the good ole boy network so he gone keep a job…see London’s Fletchers comments about alleged defensive guru Jim Haslet & he keeps an NFL job. Yall fall for any coach in the NFL or at Bama.

DMoney is comical AF in trying to separate our lack of offensive production mainly due to a porous OL into draft picks as a means to prop up an average coach. Talking about 3 Eagles coaches have kept him..all but 1 have been fired too. Andy Reid took him to KC? Did he try to hire him away after the SB & the OL got that a$$ kicked? Nooo sir.

Oh yeah & those guys turned themselves into pro bowlers.

Advertisement
thats easy because its not true. its the other way around
Didn’t I write who said it? Didn’t I tell you & whomever to argue with him? If you knew football then you’d know nothing is 100% & there are different philosophies that work. Bill’s team got to how many SB’s again?

How many all pro OL did he have to block for his all pro RB’s bc he had 3 of them..Thurman Thomas (you didn’t know that), Marshall Faulk & Edgerrin James.

Your straw man position is trumped by Barry Sanders also.

Football knowledge & understanding is still primitive on this board…sheesh.

Didn’t I write who said it? Didn’t I tell you & whomever to argue with him? If you knew football then you’d know nothing is 100% & there are different philosophies that work. Bill’s team got to how many SB’s again?

How many all pro OL did he have to block for his all pro RB’s bc he had 3 of them..Thurman Thomas (you didn’t know that), Marshall Faulk & Edgerrin James.

Your straw man position is trumped by Barry Sanders also.

Try harder next time..
do i even have to mention the amount of late round draft choices that have played really well in the nfl?

funny how you mention barry, he gave his line credit all the **** time lol

Advertisement
you also dont have to have all pro offensive linemen ahead of you to have really good stats lol

ask new england

do i even have to mention the amount of late round draft choices that have played really well in the nfl?

funny how you mention barry, he gave his line credit all the **** time lol
You make a good point..I can respect that.

Advertisement
a rb makes an OL???

Bill Pollian should be rolling around in his grave with that comment
o-line makes the running back... ask damien harris lol, last season he was running thru goalline packages in the open field and now, the entire o-line plays like crap...

o-line makes the running back... ask damien harris lol, last season he was running thru goalline packages in the open field and now, the entire o-line plays like crap...
I PLAYED OL ALL MY LIFE..I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT MAKES THE RB. lol

Also, FWIW, I highly respect Bill Polian. Dude is a HoF GM, how can I not respect that.

However, Polian is also known for building Buffalo up with the K-Gun offense that threw the ball around like **** and ran at a pace that was stupidly fast (which resulted in a ****load of turnovers and them losing a Super Bowl to the Giants which they lost because they actually rejected the run) and later a Colts team where he drafted Edgerrin James to complement Peyton Manning in an offense where the offensive line had to translate audibles by Manning in about 0.5 seconds into perfect blocking.

I highly respect Polian, but no RB can do well if the O-Line cant do its job. We are the perfect example of that.

Advertisement
did you ever consider hitting your rb if he hit the wrong hole and told the o-line to block better? lol

Any rb that did that got the good ol OLE and got his *** lit up even more.

Also if huffed in the locker room...would of got the hand of god.
giphy.gif

Running backs tend to be best friends with the olineman lol

a rb makes an OL???

Bill Pollian should be rolling around in his grave with that comment

Also, FWIW, I highly respect Bill Polian. Dude is a HoF GM, how can I not respect that.

However, Polian is also known for building Buffalo up with the K-Gun offense that threw the ball around like **** and ran at a pace that was stupidly fast (which resulted in a ****load of turnovers and them losing a Super Bowl to the Giants which they lost because they actually rejected the run) and later a Colts team where he drafted Edgerrin James to complement Peyton Manning in an offense where the offensive line had to translate audibles by Manning in about 0.5 seconds into perfect blocking.

I highly respect Polian, but no RB can do well if the O-Line cant do its job. We are the perfect example of that.

Bill Polian was one of the best in the business. But that doesn't make him infallible. I mean, he also said Lamar Jackson needed to convert to WR if he wanted to play in the league. If Polian actually said that a good RB makes a good OL (and not vice-versa), then he was wrong about that ****, too.

Advertisement
Lol..I don’t know why I bother but an all pro LT can indeed solidify an entire OL. If that guy can be on an island then the rest of the OL, especially guys on the interior can double, chip, block on the next level, etc.

I keep forgetting simple ish has to get explained in here. & HOF GM Bill Polian is quoted as saying that a RB makes a OL. Argue with him. Stoutland was average at best here..& average in the NFL. He’s in the good ole boy network so he gone keep a job…see London’s Fletchers comments about alleged defensive guru Jim Haslet & he keeps an NFL job. Yall fall for any coach in the NFL or at Bama.

DMoney is comical AF in trying to separate our lack of offensive production mainly due to a porous OL into draft picks as a means to prop up an average coach. Talking about 3 Eagles coaches have kept him..all but 1 have been fired too. Andy Reid took him to KC? Did he try to hire him away after the SB & the OL got that a$$ kicked? Nooo sir.

Oh yeah & those guys turned themselves into pro bowlers.
It's called a debate. You choose to bother or not but everything is opinion based and even if you don't agree, nobody is 100% right.

I understand and agree with your point on a LT making the OL better bc he can lock down his side.....similar to a lockdown CBs making a pass rush better. But let's be real, almost every OL scheme puts the LT on an island most of the time anyway with the OGs and C combo blocking or helping each other most plays, with only the Dline formation or play call dictating side/responsibility.

My point was Peters didn't play alongside Kelce and directly make him better. It's not like Kelce was a **** who got better bc Larry Allen showed up and all he had to do is snap and chip while hunting the occasional LB. Kelce's tape and grades were good regardless who was next to him. It's like saying Zion makes Gaynor better.....oh wait......

You went out of your way to make it seem like Kelce was a nobody and Peters/McCoy made him good. Well McCoy has been gone a long time and Kelce was good well after that trade took place, so i'm not sure what McCoy had to do with any of it. You would have had a better argument with Peters and Lane Johnson (maybe even throw in Brandon Brooks).

Bill Polian was one of the best in the business. But that doesn't make him infallible. I mean, he also said Lamar Jackson needed to convert to WR if he wanted to play in the league. If Polian actually said that a good RB makes a good OL (and not vice-versa), then he was wrong about that ****, too.
Typical old school speak from a General Manager born in the the early 40’s blacks aren’t smart enough to play quarterbacks!

Advertisement
Back