Les Miles

We'd have to have our own coach on the hotseat first to hire Miles. Golden is as safe as can be......nothing to see here

Advertisement
No chance on Miles or any name coach. BOT is too cheap and Golden stays even if he goes 0-12. Last thing this admins cares about is football.

Advertisement
He is a gambler, and when he gambles and it goes well, it really goes well. I think people in Miami would love him if his luck continued. He would recruit south Florida very well. If he gambled stupidly (and he has many times at lsu, but it worked out for him) and the result was bad, he would be run out of town.

This right here is a perfect assessment of him

Man I remember watching him a few years ago when Matt Flynn was Qb
He could have tied the game with a field goal or win ....in a huge night game (how ironic) lolol

Man he went for the win ...Matt Flynn through a touchdown with like literally 1 second left on the clock
It was amazing

He would be my coach and would dominate a week acc
There is a reason Michigan has begged him to come

Advertisement
Good ol' Lester is actually loved more nationally than he is in Baton Rouge. He won't turn down Meeechigan again once Harbaugh leaves in a couple of years. Nonetheless, as was mentioned- he's a questionable gameday coach at best.

Les miles is really an interesting idea, but I think it was Pelini / Chavis who made him look good.

All these guys with this underachiever talk make me laugh. Is he the top coach in college? no, but since Les has been there, I think they might have finished twice unranked, they have been a top 10 ranked team about half the time he's been there, they have won a title and if not for having to face Saban and Urban, might have had a couple more.

Wake up people, the results that he has gotten LSU we would kill for right now. The LSU fanbase that may want him out have gotten spoiled and are being unrealistic. If there is one thing I fault Les for is that garbage offense he still has not fixed yet, which I believe is meant to chew clock and keep his defense from being worn out (but it's still trash). I've said for a long time, he just needs to hire a badass OC and run the defense himself. That team would be real good then.

Advertisement
I think it'll be a gamble to take him. He didn't do well at OKSt. Inherited a loaded team from Nick Saban, won a title then recruited well because people/players are CRAZY over LSU in Louisiana. But he has shown that he can coach on gameday but a lot of his wins come off of terrible OOC games and very lucky games and plays that simply change momentum.
It's believe able he's on the hot seat tho. I live in Louisiana and like I said people here are crazy about LSU and he hasn't beat Bama since 2011. The fan base is really upset about that and I wouldn't be surprised if they fire him under the "you won a lot, but you lost to the wrong people" reasoning.

All these guys with this underachiever talk make me laugh. Is he the top coach in college? no, but since Les has been there, I think they might have finished twice unranked, they have been a top 10 ranked team about half the time he's been there, they have won a title and if not for having to face Saban and Urban, might have had a couple more.

Wake up people, the results that he has gotten LSU we would kill for right now. The LSU fanbase that may want him out have gotten spoiled and are being unrealistic. If there is one thing I fault Les for is that garbage offense he still has not fixed yet, which I believe is meant to chew clock and keep his defense from being worn out (but it's still trash). I've said for a long time, he just needs to hire a badass OC and run the defense himself. That team would be real good then.

Amazing how good you look with a team filled with 1st rounders and he still didnt get championships, yall over rating this guy

Miles was an OL coach ... Why would he coach the D, himself?

Advertisement
Is this even a question? If Miles wants in, tell Golden and his pillars to take a hike back to the minor leagues where he belongs

Good coach, not great, but for the world of me I can't figure out why he can't develop a QB there. He's had talent people would kill for at the position that didn't live up to the hype coming in. Perennial underachiever on offense.

He might be a good option.

But he won a title with Sabans players, and Matt Flynn was a Jimbo Fisher QB. They have been terrible at QB since, even Mertenberger struggled. They have been a one dimensional team, with arguably the most talented roster in the country. Guys like O'Dell Beckham did nothing there.

If it is as simple as hiring a bad *** OC then why hasn't he fixed it yet? He has had 8 years to do that.

They had no business playing Alabama in the title game. That whole decision was a farce. And How much of LSU success has been a product of SEC hype?

The SEC east has been almost as bad as the coastal the last 7 years, and the West was just Bama, AU and LSU, with AU having some big down years in between their title games.

We had to hear all that noise about the Mississippi schools last year and they weren't even that good, look what Georgia Tech did to Miss State.

If he is SO good then why do more and more fans want him gone? Because he has underachieved relative to their talent level. Yeah 10 win seasons are nice, but with those NFL rosters, 10 wins isn't enough.

And Miles would need 2-3 years to recruit the roster up to LSU talent level, last year's class will set this team back, he wouldn't be gift-wrapped a nick Saban football team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back