Leonard Taylor post signing with agency

He is a NT in the body of a 3T. Unless he gets very serious about his body similar to Donald, he is going to find out the NFL is a grown man sport really fast. I could see him going in day 2 assuming he tests really well.
For 2 years I've been sitting around waiting for some genius to figure out what you said in your first sentence. Taylor has the body of a 3T so naturally that's what everyone expected. People thought we were getting an Aaron Donald, Suh, Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp etc.. but that isn't Taylor's game at all! An absolutely huge amount of credit goes to Lance Guidry for figuring it out fairly quickly. It's no coincidence that Guidry had him play the role he had this year. Leonard Taylor is a NT who is trapped in a 3Tech's body. This year everyone was *****ing about him being invisible yet he was the straw who stirred the drink of the 13th ranked rush defense and #26 total defense. Put some respect on that man's name.

Advertisement
I remember asking my friend Steve Alvers a Canes alumni who played (5) years in the NFL TE/ long snapper then was a teacher and coach st Miami Southridge back in the day this question.

What was it like in the NFL ?

The monsterous size and speeds over every player in OL and DL was almost overwhelming let alone the hitting was tremendously shocking never letting it was relentless . The mental strain in memory of the most complicated playbook EVER caused long nights never sleeping to prepare for each practice

Being a long snapper kept him in the NFL being #1 rated he had to bring multiple options to make it (5) years.

Being average at best isn’t good enough

GOCANES

He’s going to some meaning in the NFL real fast like.

“ Oh my God what have I done”
As he goes home to mommy to be raised again.

Sad stuff

I don’t get it if LT didn’t do well here what make anyone with commonsense think all of sudden making or even get a tryout in NFL?

So silly
Well picture this back in high school your an average JV player and out of know where you say hey coach I want to skip this JV stuff go straight to varsity loaded with 5 star players .

Coach says son your good but you need a little more experience, no I’m good I’m varsity ready now but son your just a regular player now with 14-16 years old junior high type players.

No coach I’m ready now I’m a big boy and know what’s best being 16 I already have 2 kids so I know best.

LOL why kids who are average at best think (2) years of mediocre play makes you NFL READY and these agents sign them crazy , I guess agents don’t lose anything if players fail.

GOCANES

I wish him all the best in the league that plays 17 games

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
This! This! This! And This!!!! x1000

That basically sums it up. It should be obvious to most everyone that he played a very selfless yet crucial role in Guidry's defense this year. His body is that of a natural 3-tech but this year he was basically a defacto Nose Tackle who held the point and took on constant double teams so others could make plays. What will be surprising/shocking to many is that this is what LT does best. Our defense in the Louisville game was not nearly as effective with Taylor out with injury. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Taylor will have a very good potentially great NFL career. Taylor is a player who is still developing and with the type of coaching that he will receive in the NFL, his best football is still in front of him. I would love to see the Eagles take him and if that doesn't happen I think he would do great in San Francisco or Miami.
This is exactly what I was thinking❗️That Louisville game showed us what our DL looks like without LT, and our DL was dominated and no one really made plays. Louisville intentionally and consistently ran a lot right behind the center and guards, and our DL put very little to no pressure on the quarterback. I think LT is best suited to play the 3 tech, but he sacrificed and played a lot of NT well because Darrell Jackson transferred and we had a bunch of very average DTs not capable of holding the point of attack as well as LT56.

I always appreciate any 5 star recruit who comes to play for the Canes and I wish him great success in the NFL draft and beyond

Last edited:
For 2 years I've been sitting around waiting for some genius to figure out what you said in your first sentence. Taylor has the body of a 3T so naturally that's what everyone expected. People thought we were getting an Aaron Donald, Suh, Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp etc.. but that isn't Taylor's game at all! An absolutely huge amount of credit goes to Lance Guidry for figuring it out fairly quickly. It's no coincidence that Guidry had him play the role he had this year. Leonard Taylor is a NT who is trapped in a 3Tech's body. This year everyone was *****ing about him being invisible yet he was the straw who stirred the drink of the 13th ranked rush defense and #26 total defense. Put some respect on that man's name.

Agree. We beat UL with him in the middle. He was stout. ... And he got push on passing downs, flushing the QB out to our DEs and blitzers. LT had a great season IMO.

Agree. We beat UL with him in the middle. He was stout. ... And he got push on passing downs, flushing the QB out to our DEs and blitzers. LT had a great season IMO.
It’s obvious LT’s game is not refined in any way , Bain’s game is much better.
LT not staying will cost him his career , whom ever tells these kids there NFL when there so young is doing a huge injustice all because they want to entourage thes kids who do have NFL opportunities but NOT before there ready.

Once you commit to NFL that’s it no going back , Hank Stram said it best NFL
“ NOT FOR LONG” .

Watching these kids making this jump way to early is really sad to watch .

I wish LT well , NFL world is nasty when you’re not ready.

GOCANES

Then you're going to pass on every Dtackle known to man. 300 pound dudes don't have great motors, especially being the only focal point of the Dline. Yet, I digress.

Miami Hurricanes fans don't want LT56 to go to the NFL and they didn't like his play at Miami. We got it, thanks.

Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland, and a host of other guys would like to have a word

Advertisement
It’s obvious LT’s game is not refined in any way , Bain’s game is much better.
LT not staying will cost him his career , whom ever tells these kids there NFL when there so young is doing a huge injustice all because they want to entourage thes kids who do have NFL opportunities but NOT before there ready.

Once you commit to NFL that’s it no going back , Hank Stram said it best NFL
“ NOT FOR LONG” .

Watching these kids making this jump way to early is really sad to watch .

I wish LT well , NFL world is nasty when you’re not ready.

GOCANES
Bro get your levels checked ASAP

IMG_1712.jpeg

• an underachiever.
  • with questionable and inconsistent motor and uncertain dedication to the game of football
  • could definitely use another year to prove the doubters wrong, but leaves early to go to the NFL when he should stay
  • listens to the guys at the barber shop, instead of those that may know better advising him of the scouts' concerns
  • and to top it off, when he gets an agent, instead of a high end one like Latham or IMG .... he picks a rapper.
Tell me you were a University of Miami football player, without telling me you were a University of Miami football player
You sound so stupid. LT going first or second round at best

Advertisement
He is a NT in the body of a 3T. Unless he gets very serious about his body similar to Donald, he is going to find out the NFL is a grown man sport really fast. I could see him going in day 2 assuming he tests really well.
They will rag doll LT at line of scrimmage in the NFL.
Tomorrow you all look at the front four of the Dolphins D pure BEAST ANIMALS that front four LT wouldn’t even scout team on that D.

OL / DL in the NFL are CREATURES BEYOND anyone’s thought process.

I’m sorry but LT screwed up big time , if he even gets a tryout and when the weigh in the OL/DL LT will see the monsterous size of linemen and FREAK .

GOCANES

And yet, you have Ewers, an excellent QB, strongly considering staying another year at Texas…. LOL you can’t make this up

Advertisement
And yet, you have Ewers, an excellent QB, strongly considering staying another year at Texas…. LOL you can’t make this up
I just can’t understand it “some” of our players have one Pretty good year as soon as they can they THINK I’m NFL now I’ll declare and never nurturing there game or helping our team.

There’s no time to grow our nurturing in NFL

HERO TO ZERO

other teams players in CFB stay to mature and get the most out of there opportunities in CFB to peak there game BUT NO at Miami we’re NFL READY while losing constantly game we should win BUT WERE NFL READY

Watch and see what Restrepo does I would not be surprised X stays and X is NFL ready .

GOCANES

I just can’t understand it “some” of our players have one Pretty good year as soon as they can they THINK I’m NFL now I’ll declare and never nurturing there game or helping our team.

There’s no time to grow our nurturing in NFL

HERO TO ZERO

other teams players in CFB stay to mature and get the most out of there opportunities in CFB to peak there game BUT NO at Miami we’re NFL READY while losing constantly game we should win BUT WERE NFL READY

Watch and see what Restrepo does I would not be surprised X stays and X is NFL ready .

GOCANES
I don’t know what to make of it. I mean Kam isn’t ready he should stay another year.

Other universities players stay not only to hone their game, but to help the team become better. The Miami players actually think they’re players from our dominating yesteryear teams who REALLY went in the first 2 ROUNDS!
We will never make it to the pinnacle with these selfish player mentality

I don’t know what to make of it. I mean Kam isn’t ready he should stay another year.

Other universities players stay not only to hone their game, but to help the team become better. The Miami players actually think they’re players from our dominating yesteryear teams who REALLY went in the first 2 ROUNDS!
We will never make it to the pinnacle with these selfish player mentality
Friend, it’s like second opinions you seek them so you can what you want to hear .

Example:

In my work being the senior old fart I tell the youngsters “ Never give the customer what there asking for give them what they need” .

I remember very well at 18 years old my mother said to when are you moving out . Tough love she helped me find a place to live but one thing was happening getting kicked out of the nest saved me from myself.

It was the greatest motivation I ever received , she wanted me to be a man she felt to show me WHAT I NEEDED not what I wanted .

Who is mentoring these kids who isn’t saying NO YOUR WRONG.

Kids are Dying for NO literally dying to be SAVED FROM THEMSELVES to hear NO.

I thank the good Lord for unanswered Prayers.

GOCANES

Dolphins game is on FOX starting 1:00 , keep an open mind and watch DOLPHINS D and tell me LT who played a couple years of so so DL in college is ready for what your watching NFL in the PITS of mortals combating BEASTS.

Please just isolate and then you’ll see LT made a huge mistake.

JUST WATCH THAT LINE OF SCRIMMAGE

Advertisement
Back