Leonard Taylor post signing with agency

• an underachiever.
  • with questionable and inconsistent motor and uncertain dedication to the game of football
  • could definitely use another year to prove the doubters wrong, but leaves early to go to the NFL when he should stay
  • listens to the guys at the barber shop, instead of those that may know better advising him of the scouts' concerns
  • and to top it off, when he gets an agent, instead of a high end one like Latham or IMG .... he picks a rapper.
Tell me you were a University of Miami football player, without telling me you were a University of Miami football player
Kick rocks nerd

Advertisement
There is a <0% Chance this guy gets drafted Day 1 and a small chance he gets drafted Day 2.
He wasn't even an ACC Honorable Mention and you guys think he's going in the First Round? :yaoface:

Late Day 3 pick at best with a questionable motor and very questionable work ethic. For those who don't know - NFL Teams don't like to draft players with these traits with top 150 picks, let alone Day 1.
I'm guessing 3rd or 4th round

🤮🤮🤮 this is nonsense. I hope it's the right move for his sake but I doubt it. I'm not a nfl scouting "expert" but I wouldn't take this guy in the 1st 3 rounds. Would you?

**** yea. Easily. Who are you going to take ahead of him if you need a DT?

6'3 300 pound long arm guys with enough pursuit ability to chase down a back and NOT getting absolutely destroyed on double teams do not just fall off trees. They are an absolute take because those are rare attributes.

It's seems as if Mannys gap integrity lacking defense has a lot of yall forgetting what a good DT looks like.

Yall trying to measure a Dtackles worth by TFL and sacks and that ain't it. That's the main reason Gerald Willis didn't get any 1st round looks after being a 2nd team all-american and having all those TFLS and Sacks. A Dtackle needs to keep the 2nd and third level players clear of blocks on their way to making a play.

You're not going to get a bunch of stats and eye popping highlights but the OVERALL defense will be better.

Not to mention, he hasn't played next to anyone on our Dline that was talented enough to take pressure off of him to make more plays.

It's no coincidence that once he went down trams were able to neutralize Bain. You can't do it alone

6'3 300 pound long arm guys with enough pursuit ability to chase down a back and NOT getting absolutely destroyed on double teams do not just fall off trees. They are an absolute take because those are rare attributes.

It's seems as if Mannys gap integrity lacking defense has a lot of yall forgetting what a good DT looks like.

Yall trying to measure a Dtackles worth by TFL and sacks and that ain't it. That's the main reason Gerald Willis didn't get any 1st round looks after being a 2nd team all-american and having all those TFLS and Sacks. A Dtackle needs to keep the 2nd and third level players clear of blocks on their way to making a play.

You're not going to get a bunch of stats and eye popping highlights but the OVERALL defense will be better.

Not to mention, he hasn't played next to anyone on our Dline that was talented enough to take pressure off of him to make more plays.

It's no coincidence that once he went down trams were able to neutralize Bain. You can't do it alone
I think his arms are actually on the shorter side which is one of the issues. The other is he often did get washed on double teams although he was better this year than last. Throw in the hot & cold motor and you can see why some NFL teams would be nervous to take him in the first two rounds. Big potential as a disruptive inside player but there is some risk as well.

I hope he puts it all together and reps the U well in the NFL but its fair to point out some of the red flags.

I think his arms are actually on the shorter side which is one of the issues. The other is he often did get washed on double teams although he was better this year than last. Throw in the hot & cold motor and you can see why some NFL teams would be nervous to take him in the first two rounds. Big potential as a disruptive inside player but there is some risk as well.

I hope he puts it all together and reps the U well in the NFL but its fair to point out some of the red flags.
I agree. There's going to be holes in ya game. He only got washed in prior years because of Manny reckless gap integrity style, not because he couldn't hold the point of attack.

NFL draft is about genetic athleticism you can't coach and the potential to coach up everything else.

P.s.- Dtackle with a good motor is an oxymoron. Ain't many 300 pounders in the world with "good motors".

Advertisement

Pass, not taking a guy who consistently takes plays off and disappears for pretty long stretches of the game

He's a 1st round pick in a weak defensive tackle draft. All we ask is for our guys to leave when it's hot and it's hot for him...yes we need him for next year but this is what we want out of our guys eventually and to go represent this university in the league

The fact y'all arguing over his work ethic is asinine. Of course he could have been more available and every defensive lineman not named Myles Garrett has holes is their game but he was constantly double teamed on Saturdays and yeah that gets tiresome. He won't have to deal with that at the next level

He's a 1st round pick in a weak defensive tackle draft. All we ask is for our guys to leave when it's hot and it's hot for him...yes we need him for next year but this is what we want out of our guys eventually and to go represent this university in the league
Thats the biggest thing, its a TERRIBLE year for DTs. He is going to get bumped a round just based on that so I completely understand declaring this year. I still dont think he gets into the first round though.

Advertisement
Pass, not taking a guy who consistently takes plays off and disappears for pretty long stretches of the game

Then you're going to pass on every Dtackle known to man. 300 pound dudes don't have great motors, especially being the only focal point of the Dline. Yet, I digress.

Miami Hurricanes fans don't want LT56 to go to the NFL and they didn't like his play at Miami. We got it, thanks.

Then you're going to pass on every Dtackle known to man. 300 pound dudes don't have great motors, especially being the only focal point of the Dline. Yet, I digress.

Miami Hurricanes fans don't want LT56 to go to the NFL and they didn't like his play at Miami. We got it, thanks.
Dude Christian Wilkins literally plays in the same stadium. He never takes a play off. Now ur gonna say yea but he's a 3-4 de to get out of the bs but they exist. Stop playing stupid. I'm a Fins fan, if the fins pick him with one of their 3 picks. I'd be passed. Idc about genetics and "potential" get me fb players.

Advertisement
Looks like he’s got a pair of crutches in the picture
Man if that's true - who's the rocket scientist taking/circulating photos of him heading to the draft and showing crutches (reflecting injury) in the background? I mean maybe it won't matter but - use your head, right? Keep that on the downlow.

Such a bummer that we got no meaningful football out of him and Williams. I was sure we were back when we landed them.
He’s going to some meaning in the NFL real fast like.

“ Oh my God what have I done”
As he goes home to mommy to be raised again.

Sad stuff

I don’t get it if LT didn’t do well here what make anyone with commonsense think all of sudden making or even get a tryout in NFL?

So silly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good luck.

Hopefully when he’s in the NFL he becomes more dedicated to the game.

I think he’s even admit he severely under achieved here.

• an underachiever.
  • with questionable and inconsistent motor and uncertain dedication to the game of football
  • could definitely use another year to prove the doubters wrong, but leaves early to go to the NFL when he should stay
  • listens to the guys at the barber shop, instead of those that may know better advising him of the scouts' concerns
  • and to top it off, when he gets an agent, instead of a high end one like Latham or IMG .... he picks a rapper.
Tell me you were a University of Miami football player, without telling me you were a University of Miami football player
If he’s getting first round grades you definitely should go… helps us going forward selling his development and draft position going forward

Advertisement
Back