Leonard Taylor post signing with agency

Advertisement
LT is a physical freak & he was productive his first two years here. 6 sacks & 22.5 TFLs in 3 years is good production for a DT. If he trains right & does what he should at the combine, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go late 1st or early 2nd. Every team in the NFL needs help in the trenches
He is a NT in the body of a 3T. Unless he gets very serious about his body similar to Donald, he is going to find out the NFL is a grown man sport really fast. I could see him going in day 2 assuming he tests really well.

Leonard Taylor came to Miami as a 5 star Defensive Tackle and was ranked in the top 5 high school players in the nation. Leonard had a ridiculous amount of offers from practically every P5 program out there. He could have called schools like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan and Oregon at the very last second and they would have taken him gladly. All of this opportunity and all of this leverage would have had a lot of kids going back and forth or playing all sorts of mind games with coaching staffs just because they could. Many kids would have made all types of ridiculous demands or commit to a school only to threaten to flip two months later because he wasn't "Feeling the love". Not Leonard Taylor. Taylor committed to Miami fairly early in the process and remained true to that commitment all through the process. He always maintained that he was a Cane and why go somewhere else and help them when he could stay home and represent. Leonard, you are a true Cane! You now have the opportunity to play in the NFL. Go have yourself a great career and make yourself and your family some life changing income. You have earned it!

Yeah, at the end of the day, SoFla kids with a legit UM offer either choose to be part of the family or not.

Never gonna rip on the ones who do.

If LT can kill it at Miami's pro day, there's no telling how high he might go in April.

Plenty of NFL front offices and coaching staffs ignore a player's college production (or lack thereof) confident they're the chosen ones to light that competitive fire.

Especially true with defensive linemen

Didn't even realize wayne had entered this space.

@Peter Ariz can you tell us what the negotiations / conversations are like when you're trying to sign a player to your agency and are competing against a name like lil Wayne?

How much influence does that carry vs a successful agent that doesn't have the personal brand and celeb status? Is that stuff really important to the kids?

Who is a part of Wayne's agency on the corporate side? Like is he a part of bigger agency like CAA or truly independent?
Wayne been had an agency. Think quinnen Williams is with them

Advertisement
LT is going to be fine and should kill it at the combine.

He played a lot more A GAP this year, compared to last year where 90% of his snaps were B GAP. I still think he was more productive this year even playing out of position, more hurries, much better vs the run, even if he had less sacks.

tumblr_c4491f985e242bc0d576926a93ad1817_9cc64310_540.gif

• an underachiever.
  • with questionable and inconsistent motor and uncertain dedication to the game of football
  • could definitely use another year to prove the doubters wrong, but leaves early to go to the NFL when he should stay
  • listens to the guys at the barber shop, instead of those that may know better advising him of the scouts' concerns
  • and to top it off, when he gets an agent, instead of a high end one like Latham or IMG .... he picks a rapper.
Tell me you were a University of Miami football player, without telling me you were a University of Miami football player

Advertisement
Best of luck to him, it's been too long since we had a Day 1 DT in the league.

He had some ups and downs this year but on the film reviews he did some grown man things that didn't translate to stats.

Advertisement
This one really speaks to me. It symbolizes Miami fans' hope before the season versus about halfway through.
On one hand I truly hope people appreciate this post for what it is

But on the other hand, I kinda want to keep it between us

Brilliant

Yea I was, it blows my mind how people expected the guy who is a 3 tech who because we didnt have a nose played it on a 3 man line and held his own for a good run defense..
This! This! This! And This!!!! x1000

That basically sums it up. It should be obvious to most everyone that he played a very selfless yet crucial role in Guidry's defense this year. His body is that of a natural 3-tech but this year he was basically a defacto Nose Tackle who held the point and took on constant double teams so others could make plays. What will be surprising/shocking to many is that this is what LT does best. Our defense in the Louisville game was not nearly as effective with Taylor out with injury. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Taylor will have a very good potentially great NFL career. Taylor is a player who is still developing and with the type of coaching that he will receive in the NFL, his best football is still in front of him. I would love to see the Eagles take him and if that doesn't happen I think he would do great in San Francisco or Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hope he does well but amazing how many guys have one good/decent year at UM and then go pro.

... and he'll probably go sixth or seventh round like all those guys, as well.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

There is a <0% Chance this guy gets drafted Day 1 and a small chance he gets drafted Day 2.
He wasn't even an ACC Honorable Mention and you guys think he's going in the First Round? :yaoface:

Late Day 3 pick at best with a questionable motor and very questionable work ethic. For those who don't know - NFL Teams don't like to draft players with these traits with top 150 picks, let alone Day 1.

Feel we got 60 cents on the dollar with Leonard Taylor...which is unfortunate, but seems par for the course of his era of Miami Hurricanes.

Would have liked to get more, but its cool. I wish him the best. The splash plays are really good. He's got enough of them to get some scout and GMs ****** hard for sure. Give him a few years, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a nice NFL starter before his rookie deal is up. He can play, just...not even close to consistent.

Let's make sure that we panic and offer 10 DTs in the portal right away

Advertisement
Back