Leonard Taylor is now the 247 #3 player in the country...and Brashard Smith gets his 4th star...

I haven't watched the games either, but it might be possible to deduce a few things. Game 1 was vs Homestead, Palmetto was up 28-0 at halftime. My guess is Palmetto pulled their starters early since they didn't score again until the 4th quarter (final score 35-7). I can't tell if palmetto scored two TDs early in the 2nd and then the coach pulled his starters before the end of the 2nd quarter or if he played the whole half. So his numbers might have come in only 9 quarters of football (almost certainly no more than 10 quarters).

The score vs. Dr Phillips was 10-0. It doesn't appear that either team was throwing the ball, so that would mean sacks would be hard to come by.

HS football might have changed a lot from when I played, but back in the day we ran a Veer offense and rarely threw the ball. It doesn't matter how dominant a defensive lineman was, the stat sheet wasn't going to show a lot of sacks. If the QB was reading his key correctly, the DT wouldn't have many tackles either. However, he could have totally dominated the game without it showing on the stat sheet because he was penetrating into the backfield so fast it effectively took away the FB dive, which significantly reduced the offense's ability to move the ball.

I don't think someone can say he underperformed without a whole lot more context because it's possible he had a huge impact but it's not on paper (and as far as I know, HS stats don't track QB hurries so he could have been disrupting the offense significantly).

It's also big big difference between criticizing Pitkowskis performance and a DTs performance. A QBs stats generally speak for themselves (there may be cases where a QBs numbers look significantly worse because the quality of the team around him is so bad but those are exceptions to the rule). On the other hand, I imagine you've seen enough football to see a DT totally blow up a game plan even though he doesn't put up great stats on the stat sheet.

17 tackles, seven TFLs, a sack, a forced fumble, and three pass deflections in just 2.5 games looks rather dominant to me (but I can't fairly judge until I watch the games)
He doesn’t care about context. He makes statements and then tries to disrespect ppl to get them to back down, regardless of how wrong he is

Advertisement
Bunch of pansies on here running in like Jumping Jim Branzell looking to rescue the baby face when there's no need for rescue. It's just a discussion about production and how it relates to the next level. I love the Len Taylor pickup. Absolutely love it. No need for these queens to get in their feelings.

When I questioned Art Pickowski's production, the same group of mutts came running in screaming and eating their own feet. Now, fast forward two years, and all these guys are claiming they all knew Pickowski sucked even though I was one of the lone wolves at the time questioning his production.
I remember it. You were concerned with his ability - or lack thereof - to process things quickly enough to be a good pro-style bro QB.

I remember it. You were concerned with his ability - or lack thereof - to process things quickly enough to be a good pro-style bro QB.
I remember it too.

But I don't recall anyone NOT concerned about Arthur.

Then again, Morris's stats at Pace were quite concerning for everyone, but he actually was at least still starting for his high school team. And Teddy B seemed to be a wide receiver and not a QB

But QB's are not the same as Tackles.

Crap, the venom spewed at Vince Wilfork was intense. His deriding nickname on Miami boards at the time was "sandwich". But geez, getting double teamed means other players are freed up to get the stats. Count me as NOT worried, and VERY happy to have Taylor in the fold.

Bunch of pansies on here running in like Jumping Jim Branzell looking to rescue the baby face when there's no need for rescue. It's just a discussion about production and how it relates to the next level. I love the Len Taylor pickup. Absolutely love it. No need for these queens to get in their feelings.

When I questioned Art Pickowski's production, the same group of mutts came running in screaming and eating their own feet. Now, fast forward two years, and all these guys are claiming they all knew Pickowski sucked even though I was one of the lone wolves at the time questioning his production.
It was a bunch of us skeptical of Art - the ususal suspects I guess. There was the crowd who blew Richt and trust him and blah blah. But anyone who watched Sit with their own eyes knew something wasn’t right. A lot of things actually. Not just bad stats. Looked like a machine not a qb. Like a travesty of a mockery of a Drago.

I remember it too.

Then again, Morris's stats at Pace were quite concerning for everyone, but he actually was at least still starting for his high school team. And Teddy B seemed to be a wide receiver and not a QB

Crap, the venom spewed at Vince Wilfork was intense. His deriding nickname on Miami boards at the time was "sandwich". But geez, getting double teamed means other players are freed up to get the stats. Count me as NOT worried, and VERY happy to have Taylor in the fold.
Everyone got concerned when he played his senior year. Only a couple of people were worried after his junior year.

Advertisement
Everyone got concerned when he played his senior year. Only a couple of people were worried after his junior year.
false. Plenty of people were skeptical of him immediately when he showed up as a camp star in his summer before his senior year. You knew he wasn’t productive as a junior, but more importantly, you could watch him throw and play in camps, and you could see that it wasn’t adding up right for him.

It was a bunch of us skeptical of Art - the ususal suspects I guess. There was the crowd who blew Richt and trust him and blah blah. But anyone who watched Sit with their own eyes knew something wasn’t right. A lot of things actually. Not just bad stats. Looked like a machine not a qb. Like a travesty of a mockery of a Drago.
I got sucked into Sitkowski until the numbers started looking bad and he got benched. I got real concerned then we picked another jag...we stole Kentucky's trashness.

I think it was more than a couple, and I was one of them.

I have the receipts

Sitowski will be a project when he gets here, even if he has a good senior year.

Which by the way would be his first good year ever as a quarterback

All this just for a season? Once Sitowski shows up its a wrap...

Go Canes!

Like a turkey and Swiss wrap?

Still waiting for him to be named a high school starter and have his first and only good high school season.

Advertisement
I was skeptical from watching him at camp. Stiff, mechanical, no rhythm to his motion, little touch/feel, didn’t look like he could move in pocket.
when they brought his numbers i knew we were fuqed but cis kept sticking up for him......until he was gone then they ripped him.

when they brought his numbers i knew we were fuqed but cis kept sticking up for him......until he was gone then they ripped him.
Ethnicsands:
BrandCanes said:
umhurricane2511 said:
What have his teammates said about him?

Is he a douche to play with?
He looks like a Kyle Wright clone - feet and set up
Kyle Wright looked much better than this kid in HS. Not even close. Wright's problems were decisionmaking under pressure. But without pressure he looked great. Sitkowski doesnt look great in 7-7 tape. If he weren't so good looking in his uniform, you could mitake him for Gray Crow.

Ethnicsands:
Can you imagine if Sitk had a just good enough season? I fear he'd still be our lone QB commit. I know it's kind of silly to play that hypothetical game but Richt's evaluation of QBs is puzzling.

How is it puzzling? Kids flashed a little talent. Richt wasn’t the only coach/scout who thought the kid might be good. As soon as it became edvident that the kid isn’t good he was dropped like a bad habit. That might be even more impressive for a coach to admit he was wrong in his assessment go in a different direction.

Josh Allen is about to get drafted in the 1st round, and rumors have it the Browns might be targeting him at #1 .

Anyone that complains about a QB evaluation when the qb has prototypical size/strength/athleticism/arm strength/etc is trippin. This **** happens in the NFL on a yearly basis, otherwise guys like Jamarcus Russell, Hackenberg, etc wouldn't get drafted within the top 4 rounds. QB evaluations are the hardest position to evaluate and it isn't close.

So people that act like Richts early evaluation of Sitkowki was horrible, are honestly crazy. Because dude has the talent to be a great QB, and clearly Richt was hoping/expecting him to improve at IMG for his senior season. That didn't happen so we cut bait, and got someone better. I don't see any problem with what happened this yr with QB Recruiting.
Crazy?

The eval WAS a bad eval. Fortunately Richt himself came to the same conclusion, albeit relatively late in the cycle. Also fortunately, Williams was available amd wanted in.

The idiotic view is that Sit was not a bad eval just because some other tall kid succeeded some other time. There’s literally zero logic in that statement.

The logic is that Artur Sitkowski has a load of potential, more than most qbs in This class.
He has better size than almost any QB in this class. Dude looks like ******* Andrew Luck out on the field.
He also has the arm talent. He has a good arm, and had a solid release, and in the camp setting leading up to his senior year at IMG, he showed good accuracy and great zip on the ball.
So is it really crazy that a coach would see Sitkowski and not fall in love with his potential? Even if he thinks he's Gunna be a 2-3 yr project (with Perry on the team who clearly Richt planned on being the starter).
I mean Imo, I actually like the fact that Richt realized the miseval (after giving Sitkowski the chance to prove himself in his senior season) and was able to get an top qb so quickly after moving on. To me that's a great job recruiting
So you agree it was a bad eval and the rest of your words are garbage.

Talking about his 'potential' is nothing more than an excuse to explain why Richt talked himself into taking a commitment from a kid who clearly sucked at playing QB. LOL @ looks liken andrew Luck. Plays like gray crow.

Just looked at his 247 stats, he had a better 2019 than Maason Smith, but fell off statistically in 2020. Couldn't find any stats for Maason this year.
I hope we coach him up and he earns those stars.

Advertisement
It was funny to go back and check. I remembered thinking wtf with Sit back when Richt took his commitment from camp and all the usual suspects here celebrated him like the next Andrew Luck. But memory over time is funny so looked it up. Looks like I disliked the Richt eval pretty clearly. You could just see that he didn't look natural even in shorts and 7-7. It can be hard to predict which kids will succeed ... it's not as hard to see which ones likely won't.

Love the 5 star hype and recruiting juice it gives us, but how can a guy with Leonard's massive athletic advantage over HS kids only have 1 sack? That kind of stuff always stands out to me when I'm looking at DL in HS. Do they actually produce?
I know it’s a different position, but I couldn’t help think of Ermon Lane when I read your post. Everyone had to put a tampon in when he went to FSU. Then they realized he couldn’t catch once he was on campus.
I agree production is a major factor at all levels. After all, they are football players. They aren’t playing 7 on 7, basketball, track, or drills at a combine. Corey Flagg being maybe the best LB this past season is a prime example. The kid has serious limitations and will never be elite, but he’s a solid football player that was one of the leading tacklers in all of HS.

Just looked at his 247 stats, he had a better 2019 than Maason Smith, but fell off statistically in 2020. Couldn't find any stats for Maason this year.
I hope we coach him up and he earns those stars.
Also had a shortened season this past season

Advertisement
I remember it too.

You don’t remember it because no one remembers when The Legend was right. It’s always, “Yeah everyone knew Art was terrible.” Yep. Everyone except our coaching staff, Buttgers’s coaching staff, and the majority of guys on here who followed the lead of the “authorities” on here.

I remember guys trying to equate Pickowski to the kid from Memphis, Lynch, the Broncos wasted a first round pick on. I think someone even brought up Elway as a comp. Dudes were in full blown sucker mode.

You don’t remember it because no one remembers when The Legend was right. It’s always, “Yeah everyone knew Art was terrible.” Yep. Everyone except our coaching staff, Buttgers’s coaching staff, and the majority of guys on here who followed the lead of the “authorities” on here.

I remember guys trying to equate Pickowski to the kid from Memphis, Lynch, the Broncos wasted a first round pick on. I think someone even brought up Elway as a comp. Dudes were in full blown sucker mode.
I remember u being concerned about Art but your a hating mope so it doesn't count 😂

I know it’s a different position, but I couldn’t help think of Ermon Lane when I read your post. Everyone had to put a tampon in when he went to FSU. Then they realized he couldn’t catch once he was on campus.
I agree production is a major factor at all levels. After all, they are football players. They aren’t playing 7 on 7, basketball, track, or drills at a combine. Corey Flagg being maybe the best LB this past season is a prime example. The kid has serious limitations and will never be elite, but he’s a solid football player that was one of the leading tacklers in all of HS.
Yep. At some point, it’s a production game, not a nerd measurables game. I had the same questions about Jon Ford when everyone was raving about his size. I wondered how a guy that much bigger and stronger than HS kids could put up such paltry production. Fast forward 5 years, and he’s still just a guy.

Again, I love this signing, so before the CISimps become unhinged, all I’m doing is discussing production on the field and how it can translate from level to level.

Advertisement
Back