Leonard Taylor is now the 247 #3 player in the country...and Brashard Smith gets his 4th star...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
LT up 6 spots from #9. BS up to #192 overall.

Miami also holds the commitment of Top247 wide receiver Romello Brinson (No. 185) giving the Hurricanes two Top247 wideout for the first time since 2018 when they signed Mark Pope and Brian Hightower.

Other Miami commits and targets in the update include: Plantation American Heritage five-star athlete James Williams (No. 12), Miami Central linebacker Terrence Lewis (No. 33), Pensacola Catholic cornerback Damarius McGhee (No. 87), Loganville (Ga.) Grayson quarterback Jake Garcia (No. 113), Frisco (Texas) Independence tight end Elijah Arroyo (No. 128), Melbourne athlete Chase Smith (No. 238) and Parkland Marjory Stoneman Douglas offensive lineman Michael McLaughlin (No. 241).

Miami commits Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna Prep running back Thad Franklin, Miami Central offensive lineman Laurence Seymore and Miami Killian linebacker Tyler Johnson are sitting outside the Top247, but remain four-star prospects.

Advertisement
Brashard’s 4th star, long overdue. Ryan Rodriguez and Davis should be 4 stars too imo, but I’m just happy they’re in the fold. Especially happy that Davis is underrated by recruiting services, kid is an absolute freak athlete at backer don’t need schools like UGA spoiling it for us, even tho I’m pretty sure he’s locked in.

Brashard’s 4th star, long overdue. Ryan Rodriguez and Davis should be 4 stars too imo, but I’m just happy they’re in the fold. Especially happy that Davis is underrated by recruiting services, kid is an absolute freak athlete at backer don’t need schools like UGA spoiling it for us, even tho I’m pretty sure he’s locked in.
And Troutman... i have no idea how to eval recruiting tape, but his athleticism seems crazy

Advertisement
Team ranking don't seem to be updated yet. Wonder if we jump or move around at all with this? Not that it really matters since I think this class is exactly what we need, assuming we settle on a quality QB and CB to close it out.

Advertisement
And Troutman... i have no idea how to eval recruiting tape, but his athleticism seems crazy
Umm what do you mean? There’s nothing on tape that suggests he’s more athletic than Tirek Camden Cave and Cave was a top 600 player and He’s bigger...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love the 5 star hype and recruiting juice it gives us, but how can a guy with Leonard's massive athletic advantage over HS kids only have 1 sack? That kind of stuff always stands out to me when I'm looking at DL in HS. Do they actually produce?
When he committed, I remember seeing he had some great stats from 2019 for a DL. Pretty sure he had about a dozen sacks and around 25 TFLs.

Not sure about his numbers this season, but one sack to this point would be a massive drop in production.

When he committed, I remember seeing he had some great stats from 2019 for a DL. Pretty sure he had about a dozen sacks and around 25 TFLs.

Not sure about his numbers this season, but one sack to this point would be a massive drop in production.
It's an incredible lack of production if those numbers are correct. People always try to make excuses for that sort of stuff, but it should be alarming. He should absolutely be dominating HS kids on a very consistent basis.

It's an incredible lack of production if those numbers are correct. People always try to make excuses for that sort of stuff, but it should be alarming. He should absolutely be dominating HS kids on a very consistent basis.
Always worried without kind of evals....we seem to get the duds......it's pretty worrying. I always look at who's pressing a five star to commit...is anyone hard after Taylor besides bum *** UF.

Advertisement
Back