Legislation; BILL OF RIGHTS for College Athletes

Advertisement

Well, we don't have a national plan for COVID-19, but a Republican Senate and Democratic House are going to spend the next 82 days working on an Athlete Bill of Rights?

At least Cory mentioned "the coming months", when he will be a committee chairman.

Advertisement
***** this clown and everything about him.

Just because a degree doesn't mean what is used to, doesn't mean they have been failed for generations.

"You have a right to tell your coach NO!!" -- this is the type of power he wants for the players. If the players get used to this type of non-authority, imagine the awakening they will have once they have to report to a real boss.

***** this clown and everything about him.

Just because a degree doesn't mean what is used to, doesn't mean they have been failed for generations.

"You have a right to tell your coach NO!!" -- this is the type of power he wants for the players. If the players get used to this type of non-authority, imagine the awakening they will have once they have to report to a real boss.

So...better healthcare for players, public disclosure of athletic department financials, fewer restrictions on transferring...

Nowhere dies it say "you have a right to tell your coach NO!!"

Once again, you are projecting your demented politics onto non-partisan issues involving student-athletes.

Advertisement
I'm actually drafting some proposed legislation for a Thespian Bill of Rights, Marching Band Bill of Rights, Cheerleaders Bill of Rights, Dance Team Bill of Rights, and Campus Life Bill of Rights. I also feel very strongly the baton twirler needs her carve out in the Marching Band Bill of Rights, but that may be hard to push through committee.

You hate the NCAA, the NCAA hates Miami. A Black kid, Ed O'Bannion, took the NCAA to Court (government) so players have "Rights" over their names. Not until this year did some STATE Governments give Athletes the "Right" to profit off their own image. You clowns now want to complain about politics and government being brought into sports! Government and politics have always been in sports. Athletes were forced to use the courts because schools, idiot fans and a corrupt organization, NCAA, has restricted their rights and made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off their skills and images.

Your problem is with who is proposing that Athletes have a set of Rights guaranteed. Had it been Donnie Trump, not possible since he doesn't have the aptitude, proposing an Athlete Bill of Rights, you'd again be expressing hate and claiming the liberal left in the way of Chump helping athletes.

You hate the NCAA, the NCAA hates Miami. A Black kid, Ed O'Bannion, took the NCAA to Court (government) so players have "Rights" over their names. Not until this year did some STATE Governments give Athletes the "Right" to profit off their own image. You clowns now want to complain about politics and government being brought into sports! Government and politics have always been in sports. Athletes were forced to use the courts because schools, idiot fans and a corrupt organization, NCAA, has restricted their rights and made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off their skills and images.

Your problem is with who is proposing that Athletes have a set of Rights guaranteed. Had it been Donnie Trump, not possible since he doesn't have the aptitude, proposing an Athlete Bill of Rights, you'd again be expressing hate and claiming the liberal left in the way of Chump helping athletes.
Did you have a previous screen name?

Advertisement
Well, we don't have a national plan for COVID-19, but a Republican Senate and Democratic House are going to spend the next 82 days working on an Athlete Bill of Rights?

At least Cory mentioned "the coming months", when he will be a committee chairman.
I'm not going to read the article so this is all baseless speculation from me. It will be just another thing for the two sides to argue about.

I'm actually drafting some proposed legislation for a Thespian Bill of Rights, Marching Band Bill of Rights, Cheerleaders Bill of Rights, Dance Team Bill of Rights, and Campus Life Bill of Rights. I also feel very strongly the baton twirler needs her carve out in the Marching Band Bill of Rights, but that may be hard to push through committee.
You forgot Color Guard. Why are you so bigoted against those with good coordination?

All kidding aside, marching band and color guard are not considered sports, so not only are they allowed to put in a ridiculous number of practice hours, but they don't get an award for having a good GPA and participating in an FHSAA sport.

Advertisement

Registered democrat here who would vote for a homeless man arguing with his own shadow over our current President...
IMO, this is worthless political grandstanding. Even referring to the proposed legislation as a "bill of rights," is calculated political grandstanding.

Doubt it, Booker actually played football, was a TE at Stanford.

I think that Booker has good intentions, but the timing of any legislative action is too late for this year.

I understand that the overall intent of the timing is to shift the conversation from "let them play football" to "let's take better care of all athletes", but I still don't think the timing is as good as it should have been.

National Plan??? Which would be?

New Zealand had a national plan and now they are seeing a resurgence. Postulating that it might be due to infected cargo. Whatever.

The national plan that is being implemented, is being done by nature and not man or any political party. It is called natural selection. And if one believes in evolution, this is nature's way of purging the weak.

The virus will naturally run it's course and will be gone. If one doesn't get it, be thankful you are among the strong.

Since you are suggesting what is being done right now is not working, what national plan would you suggest?

Advertisement
Back