Legend Showcase Recruits UM Thoughts

May not even be possible at this point. When u hear kids say that.....that's bigger then bags that's the complete image of the program. It's like looking at a rutgers

We died before and were resurrected - it can be done again.

It just needs the right personality/leader.....a voice that carries weight, not only in the living room with these kids and their parents, but in the locker room when guys need to be pushed for better and on the practice field when guys want to clown. It needs to be a voice guys respect/fear on one hand while love and are willing to run through a wall on the other.

Advertisement

It just needs the right personality/leader.....a voice that carries weight, not only in the living room with these kids and their parents, but in the locker room when guys need to be pushed for better and on the practice field when guys want to clown. It needs to be a voice guys respect/fear on one hand while love and are willing to run through a wall on the other.
Is it possible? Yes

Do we think they will hire them or know who that person is during the hiring process? No

If we find him will we run him out quickly cause of trust issues?

It's possible but he has to be a complete beast and have real money for a real staff. Or we may hire like a UCF or USF and may just be who we are. Is it possible???? Yes it can be...question is do they really want too???? We know based on the last hire they don't want to they want friends

It is wins and losses. We are 6-6 and playing Louisiana Tech in the Walk On Bowl.

When we were playing in the Orange Bowl a couple years ago the mood was slightly different.
It’s not about the mood. It’s the whole thing. Resources, infrastructure, head coach, assistants, budgets, support staff, everything.

It’s hard enough to find a coach who can recruit a staff, implement a culture, scheme effectively, evaluate well and recruit well. No idea why we are targeting first time head coaches at UM given our needs and lack of infrastructure. But recruiting is a playbook today. Expecting a coach to come in and fix this dumpster fire, also to know all the ins and outs of digital and social and texting around recruiting? It’s ridiculous. I thought of you because of the ’I hear from those guys all day every day‘ comment. That ain’t anything more or less than infrastructure. Expecting a Hc to own all that is amateurish. The AD and infrastructure ain’t delivering.

Advertisement

Can't believe we hired a clown and kids know it year one

It's a disaster cause we are wasting years now. The cats out the bag....at least Al Golden disguised his trashness and Richt. These kids know about Manny and he's lazy on the trail on top of it and can't read the kids in sfla. Amazing he's from there and hires a staff that can't relate to young black athletes. He's in over his head

Not really. We were only mostly dead when Butch came. There was not real doscontinuity. Kids he was recruiting jn ‘96-98 remembered our rep and their coaches and families did. And by ‘00 we were back.

It’s not about the mood. It’s the whole thing. Resources, infrastructure, head coach, assistants, budgets, support staff, everything.

It’s hard enough to find a coach who can recruit a staff, implement a culture, scheme effectively, evaluate well and recruit well. No idea why we are targeting first time head coaches at UM given our needs and lack of infrastructure. But recruiting is a playbook today. Expecting a coach to come in and fix this dumpster fire, also to know all the ins and outs of digital and social and texting around recruiting? It’s ridiculous. I thought of you because of the ’I hear from those guys all day every day‘ comment. That ain’t anything more or less than infrastructure. Expecting a Hc to own all that is amateurish. The AD and infrastructure ain’t delivering.
Great post as always and in truth

Advertisement

We played to our talent once in the past decade and the result was a Top 8 class. That seems to be the formula.

The problem here is that Manny has several non-recruiters on staff and we aren’t winning. That’s a bad combo.

It is wins and losses. We are 6-6 and playing Louisiana Tech in the Walk On Bowl.

When we were playing in the Orange Bowl a couple years ago the mood was slightly different.

I really think it's more.

We had 8 kids in the portal this year. We had Pope looking. We had Lingard in a social media disagreement with staff about his health. We had mentions of cancers by Thomas Brown when Richt was here and Manny mentioning guys not playing hard....even to the point of stopping practice. We had some skip practice. We've heard former players talk about kids clowning in practice. We have multiple kids not playing in the bowl game. We have 4 kids leaving early who are most likely Day 3 picks or worse. We have recruits flying hours into the midwest to attend Nebraska over UM.....Nebraska doesn't have wins either. We have more de-commits than any school in history. Our biggest advocate is a kid from Georgia. We lost to FIU and showed zero pride after.

Do you really believe it's just wins and losses?

Advertisement
We played to our talent once in the past decade and the result was a Top 8 class. That seems to be the formula.

The problem here is that Manny has several non-recruiters on staff and we aren’t winning. That’s a bad combo.
You always look for ‘the problem.’ The issue isn’t that the thing you mention isn’t ‘a problem.’ The issue is you're ignoring all the other problems. It’s rarely if ever one thing. In the case of UM, it’s definitely not one thing. It’s clearly ‘all of it‘. This program and its administration is a clown show. It’s pathetic. Not just coaching. Not just schemes. Not just evals. Not just selling recruits. It’s leadership, expectations, priorities, infrastructure, staff, coaching, recruiting, all of It.

You came out and roasted this team/staff at the end of the season, something you rarely do. You know this staff and culture is bad.

I really think it's more.

We had 8 kids in the portal this year. We have 4 kids leaving early who are most likely Day 3 picks or worse. We had Pope looking. We had Lingard in a social media disagreement with staff about his health. We had mentions of cancers by Thomas Brown when Richt was here and Manny mentioning guys not playing hard....even to the point of stopping practice. We had some skip practice. We've heard former players talk about kids clowning in practice. We have multiple kids not playing in the bowl game. We have 4 kids leaving early who are most likely Day 3 picks or worse. We have recruits flying hours into the midwest to attend Nebraska over UM.....Nebraska doesn't have wins either. We have more de-commits than any school in history. Our biggest advocate is a kid from Georgia. We lost to FIU and showed zero pride after.

Do you really believe it's just wins and losses?

Those are things that happen at losing programs. Florida was dealing with all of the same toxicity a couple years ago.

You came out and roasted this team/staff at the end of the season, something you rarely do. You know this staff and culture is bad.

It is bad. When I say “it’s wins and losses,” I’m not absolving Manny and the staff. I’m blaming them.

Advertisement
I predicted this

The only people that actually thought Manny and this stuff could recruit were CIS posters. Manny basically behaved like they would have and he has the coaching skills they have.

You always look for ‘the problem.’ The issue isn’t that the thing you mention isn’t ‘a problem.’ The issue is you're ignoring all the other problems. It’s rarely if ever one thing. In the case of UM, it’s definitely not one thing. It’s clearly ‘all of it‘. This program and its administration is a clown show. It’s pathetic. Not just coaching. Not just schemes. Not just evals. Not just selling recruits. It’s leadership, expectations, priorities, infrastructure, staff, coaching, recruiting, all of It.

I’m focused on the main thing. I don’t know much about our recruiting infrastructure and you know less. So I don’t speculate.

Here’s what I do know: we’re losing kids because we have a terrible on-field product. When the on-field product improved, recruiting improved. That’s the main thing.

You mentioned “staying on kids.” We have some overly passive recruiters like Rumph and Stubblefield. That’s a problem. We also have some dogged recruiters like Banda. He was all over Tyrique to the point of overkill. At the end, Tyrique wanted to play on a good team. Same thing with Dugans and Haselwood. Nobody recruited him harder. But he saw the Duke game and it was over.

Kids see us as a 6-6 program because that’s what we are right now. Manny can’t sell hope because he sold himself as the “win-now” option. If things don’t turn around drastically on the field, the ‘21 class will be ugly and another nail in Manny’s coffin.

Advertisement
Back