Legend Showcase Recruits UM Thoughts

It’s not about the mood. It’s the whole thing. Resources, infrastructure, head coach, assistants, budgets, support staff, everything.

It’s hard enough to find a coach who can recruit a staff, implement a culture, scheme effectively, evaluate well and recruit well. No idea why we are targeting first time head coaches at UM given our needs and lack of infrastructure. But recruiting is a playbook today. Expecting a coach to come in and fix this dumpster fire, also to know all the ins and outs of digital and social and texting around recruiting? It’s ridiculous. I thought of you because of the ’I hear from those guys all day every day‘ comment. That ain’t anything more or less than infrastructure. Expecting a Hc to own all that is amateurish. The AD and infrastructure ain’t delivering.

Not much of this is discussed in the Cane forums, but it seems to be a big deal at the UM and, as you noted, this is more
than about the HC.

Advertisement
I predicted this

The only people that actually thought Manny and this stuff could recruit were CIS posters. Manny basically behaved like they would have and he has the coaching skills they have.

Mods can you guys unlock the thread and now that protect Manny at all cost agenda is gone

Ninja sends blitzes from Broward County that NEVER gets there....any one that knows me know how much or been in the game day thread and i can pretty much pick apart or call out what we are going to run on d play by play.

That being said his d with the talent he will continue to have in the front SHOULD be enough to win the coastal.

BUT we will see where recruiting bites him in the *** at his prized LB spot and DB group...as i expect to see a regression in BOTH units next year.

Dude gonna be sending crazy blitzes next year and justify it with YOUTH at the LB and DB spots. Meanwhile we will have youth there because he cant recruit the spot...or keep guys in the program (Smith,Bethel) at db.
Mother fvck winning the coastal. A team that's built the right way DOMINATES THE ACC! The coastal is a bi product of doing **** right.

THEY ARENT WINNING A NATTY.
If it was there 1 year chance of making the playoffs it was this year and he blew it. The pac 12 is the worst power 5 conference currently imo.
I agree he aintbwinning a natty there. However any person who doesnt acknowledge RIGHT THIS SECOND the acc is by far the worst power 5 is just trippin. The acc should be renamed clemson right now. The rest ALL SUCKS. Us included, If not at the forefront. Because EVERYONE expects more out of us and fspoo

I agree he aintbwinning a natty there. However any person who doesnt acknowledge RIGHT THIS SECOND the acc is by far the worst power 5 is just trippin. The acc should be renamed clemson right now. The rest ALL SUCKS. Us included, If not at the forefront. Because EVERYONE expects more out of us and fspoo

There are many years the ACC and Pac 10 are close and some even edge to ACC...But this isn't one of them, the ACC is a mess this season. Pac 12 definitely better.

Advertisement
Let’s be real. This Miami team with a competent (not even “good”) offensive coordinator, competent offensive line coach, and a competent kicker wins another 2-3 games.

Even with the recruiting failings every year this team is a top 25 team in talent year in and year out. Until the team even comes remotely close to playing up to its talent level I don’t see how recruiting is going to fix the program.

When the big name recruits don’t mention Miami it is awful no doubt but this program today aspires to the competence of a program like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Development, preparation, and coaching are far bigger issues than landing the next shiny 5 star.
you are right about development and preperation. how many times do teams like come out like gangbusters against us?
also, kids like gil, gurvan hall, nesta, etc would be all conference under a real staff.

Nah, PAC has proven to be the worst over and over again. Their champ lost to ASU. Whether it's only Clemson or not the PAC doesn't even have that to claim. I would even venture to say UNC played Clemson closer than even the almighty Cristobal Oregon team would. People forget how Clemson with their "sorry schedule" dismantled Alabama last year.

we had to get to this point to move forward, we've been hiding behind a curtain of **** for 15 years

Advertisement

you're normally level headed and speak the truth, ill agree that Manny is all smoke and mirrors, but can you blame the complete fail of the offense on Manny? i mean he did go out and paid 1.5 to get a guy from Alabama that was supposed to run a modern era offense and failed miserably at it. Now if he fires Enos and starts over in my opinion it shows that he will change for the better of the program. do you agree with that or think he just needs to go after one year?

well his defense might have been loved by the board but most other coaches didnt respect it. he gets destroyed by every good oc/coach with a competent qb. picked about with trick plays and all. Richt was a respected coach, a good coach but i was against firing a burned out coach. you could see it.you dont hire a recently fired coach, his whole thing was trying to prove uga wrong like you said and it didnt work. i felt Butch was the right hire then when golden got canned, they might as well gave mario hsi shot. mario actually loves to recruit.

Even i don't respect it at times. I love stats and want an aggressive, in your face defense that causes havoc in the backfield every play just as much as the next guy.

That said, this defense plays too many games within itself, confusing players, taking them out of lanes, putting guys on islands who shouldn't be, etc and are predictable while doing it. When a "fan" like me can see it and call it pre-snap, any OC worth a **** can. To your point, it's why teams with lesser talent or competent QBs can score on us when the rest of their talent says they shouldn't. Some of our blitzes make zero sense.....taking so long to develop and looping around the entire Dline.

Manny brings his guys with him because they only know what he's taught them and won't leave or question him. I never want employees like that because i'm not perfect and welcome input when things go to ****.

If Terrance Lewis is really favoring Texas A&M right now, Miami winning 10 games and the Coastal in 2020 isn’t changing that boy$ recruitment.

Advertisement
Those are things that happen at losing programs. Florida was dealing with all of the same toxicity a couple years ago.

It is bad. When I say “it’s wins and losses,” I’m not absolving Manny and the staff. I’m blaming them.

Ok because what changed at UF was coaching staff. Our wins and losses won't fix things. I think a new staff is needed to do so.

Advertisement
"To your Bodyguard's Oochie Wally verse was better than yours"
“With whiskers like a rat compared to butch you’re wack.”

-
We played to our talent once in the past decade and the result was a Top 8 class. That seems to be the formula.

The problem here is that Manny has several non-recruiters on staff and we aren’t winning. That’s a bad combo.
*and manny’s guys seem to be terrible schematic coaches with a dash of poor technique coaches (Bald Barry).

They changed the staff, but then started to win. Winning definitely helps.

Absolutely. Winning is the ultimate cure (or distraction). But you can win and still have a dysfunctional locker room or program that others won't want to play in, or one that guys begin to quit/leave at the first sign of trouble.

Culture is not created by winning or cured by winning. Culture is built by character and goals - put in place by coaches/leaders and maintained by those who believe in those same principles.

The solution to our problems isn't as difficult as people make it out to be...

First, the people in charge at the top have to decide to stop being cheap ******** & do two things, 1) allocate more funds to the Football program (double the recruiting budget) & 2) Spend money on actual coaches & assistants.

Second, find a coach that isn't a complete ****tard that will run a modern uptempo Spread offense, that can also develop talent & it will result in Wins on the field.

All it will take is back to back 10+ wins seasons with trips to the ACCCG & we'll suddenly become a more viable option for high level recruits.

The problem we have is that our admin hates doing work because they don't give AF about football, so they don't spend the money necessary to compete, which leads to cheap coaching hires, which leads to bad losses on the field, which results in poor recruiting.

It's not a one or the other, it all works in concrugency, once the people in charge decide to care about football & the money gets spent, we'll get a better staff who will lead us to more wins, which will get us better recruits.

It's only a death struggle for us because Miami is cheap AF, but the reality is its probably not going to happen until the people in charge literally die off, because otherwise Miami is nothing more to them than just a tax write off while fleecing the program for millions in a legal Ponzi scheme. Contrary to popular belief the brand of "The U" is still a cash cow, obviously not in the same way that programs like Texas, TAMU, Clemson, LSU etc are, but we're not dirt poor like we're New Mexico or some sh*t.

That's the biggest roadblock we face right now, cheap laissez-faire politically correct crooks who plague the administration & hate Football.

We are always 2 steps behind. In the mid 00s we hired glorified high school guys to run the offense (Nix) and Defense while other teams tossed big bucks to thought leaders and innovators.

We began spending on one coordinator but our position coaches aren’t up to snuff with the fans ambition of a contender. Add to that the spending big dogs do on analysts and we are basically the Spanish Navy in the Spanish American War floating out wooden ships against Steam powered iron.

We don’t act like a serious program and these kids aren’t stupid.

Absolutely. Winning is the ultimate cure (or distraction). But you can win and still have a dysfunctional locker room or program that others won't want to play in, or one that guys begin to quit/leave at the first sign of trouble.

Culture is not created by winning or cured by winning. Culture is built by character and goals - put in place by coaches/leaders and maintained by those who believe in those same principles.
I would agree with that, for sustained success you need both to uphold those principles and to win.

Advertisement
Back