Lebatard out at ESPN...

Advertisement
I realy like the show, but it took a massive hit when they went remote because of COVID. It got way worse when ESPN demoted them a few months back and the show is boderline unlistenable now.
When they go back in person (If they ever come back) I will give it a try. I dislike most forms of sport analysis offered by the media and enjoyed the sports as a table setting to discuss whatever they wanted, but always having sports to come back to for content.
As for LeBatard itself I think the show is awful when he is out. He was the captain, played the straight man to perfection and was able to direct conversation to interesting places. As for his wokeness, it never bothered me, I agree with some of what he says, but even when I disagree it doesn't bother me, but he can get tiresome and strident sometimes.

I don't think he's hurting for cash and with his show already as a digital media I think he will land on his feet fairly easy

LOL..HOT TAKE. You must of been kinda new to the show...the sh*t ran better when he WASNT there. Matter of fact they were better with Hochman who has a show with Channing Crowder tht is on par with lebatard. (Crowder low key is pretty good at it)
He wont be aproblem or need money...as he is already still local and likely gets a spotify/barstool/ deal for his show where they cna continue to do whatever they want and not be controlled a bit.

He needs to drop the "woke" **** though because dont know what struggle he had growing up going to chaminade madonna in hollywood

***** that sellout bltch.

His career got a jumpstart from him being a rat against my alma mater and the hometown team. He claims to be all 305, but in reality he has no real south FL cred.

He’s just a sweaty no-talent round face wannabe who will end up doing local radio the rest of his life after he will take a couple of years to fail on his next few projects. He has no nationwide appeal or market for his tired shtick.

Good luck to him on his impending type 2 diabetes and continued weight gain,

another show that no one is going to watch because twitter popularity doesn't reflect reality. she'll get her payday for a season and showtime is going to continue to hemorrhage viewers and cancel the series (then blame it on racism).
Well, I don't know whether people are going to watch it or not, but that's besides the point which is that she (as Lebatard will) has considerably increased her bag game and expanded her brand. And in a streaming world, ratings don't really reflect reality. It's an outdated metric and increasingly archaic way of measuring popularity. The Masters just hit a historic ratings low for example, and college football ratings are also down.

But good ol fashioned moola? That don't ever get old, and she getting to it (and for the record, I never really cared for her takes either).

Advertisement

His career got a jumpstart from him being a rat against my alma mater and the hometown team. He claims to be all 305, but in reality he has no real south FL cred.

He’s just a sweaty no-talent round face wannabe who will end up doing local radio the rest of his life after he will take a couple of years to fail on his next few projects. He has no nationwide appeal or market for his tired shtick.

I wish I can like this 1000 times!

LOL..HOT TAKE. You must of been kinda new to the show...the sh*t ran better when he WASNT there. Matter of fact they were better with Hochman who has a show with Channing Crowder tht is on par with lebatard. (Crowder low key is pretty good at it)
He wont be aproblem or need money...as he is already still local and likely gets a spotify/barstool/ deal for his show where they cna continue to do whatever they want and not be controlled a bit.

He needs to drop the "woke" **** though because dont know what struggle he had growing up going to chaminade madonna in hollywood
I have listened on and off for about 5/6 years, I would guess, so I definitely wasn't here for the Hochman era. As for how the show is configured right now, I don't think it works AT ALL without him there, Stu and Mike can't talk about topics outside of sports or hold interesting conversartions about the games withouth going full recycle mode from other analysts.

Maybe I will look for the Hochman show, I have listened to some old segments on youtube of that era and some are fantastic.

I have listened on and off for about 5/6 years, I would guess, so I definitely wasn't here for the Hochman era. As for how the show is configured right now, I don't think it works AT ALL without him there, Stu and Mike can't talk about topics outside of sports or hold interesting conversartions about the games withouth going full recycle mode from other analysts.

Maybe I will look for the Hochman show, I have listened to some old segments on youtube of that era and some are fantastic.
yea hoch and channing pretty good.

Yea your up on the new age lebatard show. Which is solid but somewhat watered down and cringy at times.Stugotz schtick is that he doesnt really know sports but he does lol. But i got ya. Atleast Hochman is a real cane though. And though Crowder is a gator he doesnt hate on the canes or throw shade much...**** Lebatard likely was happy fiu beat us as he has been screaming that ucf would take us to the wood shed (which ive always doubted)

Advertisement

F that Fat Blubber POS....Fat Fu*k couldn't wait to Snitch like a B*tch against his Alma Mater, at a time where we were the Scourge of the NCAA...Cant stand that obese *******....

If it only took a pandemic to get rid of Lebatard then I would have opened my own virology lab and staffed it with the finest evil Chinese Communist scientists and developed one long ago and released it upon the world!

The only time I have ever laughed at that show was Fake Howard Schnellenberger and I think that was around the turn of the millennia, can't stomach to listen to the guy the last 15+ years, it just ain't funny at all.

Advertisement
Well, I don't know whether people are going to watch it or not, but that's besides the point which is that she (as Lebatard will) has considerably increased her bag game and expanded her brand. And in a streaming world, ratings don't really reflect reality. It's an outdated metric and increasingly archaic way of measuring popularity. The Masters just hit a historic ratings low for example, and college football ratings are also down.

But good ol fashioned moola? That don't ever get old, and she getting to it (and for the record, I never really cared for her takes either).
You're right and he's right. It pays because of the initial bag to the producer, then the content fails to reach an audience.

Advertisement
I was friendly with Dan at UM, we both lived in Eaton, we both worked on the newspaper, we had several classes together...

And I really don't like his show(s) at all. I hate his show(s), and I don't even read his articles anymore.

How long until some LeBatard fanboy tells me that I "don't get the show"?

I have an abundance of criticisms of Lebatard's show and even his professional actions but a few would probably get me sent back to the hole at CIS Schmolitical State Pen so I'll refrain. I will say that he's a genial if not somewhat reserved dude in real life and is pretty nice to his fanboys and the general public. As far as the "go woke go broke" narrative that a lot of us often wish was true, if you knew how much Ol' Danny Fatface made in his run at eSECpn then you'd realize that it sadly doesn't even remotely apply.

I'll be over here listening to The Fabulous Sports Babe in the interim. She can definitely get it.

Advertisement
Back