Lebatard out at ESPN...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Go woke go broke.
Nah. "Woke" definitely pays. Remember her?

And that's in addition to ANOTHER TV show she's hosting.

Anyway, this is likely what's in store for Lebatard. ESPN probably was holding him back financially to be honest. He'll probably get in the podcast game, scripted TV show, etc.

His interests clearly evolved beyond sports (I suspect his way too hot for him fiance has something to do with that). I just never got the feeling that he was the guy who I wanted to listen to about those topics (even when I agreed with most of what he was saying).

Advertisement
I realy like the show, but it took a massive hit when they went remote because of COVID. It got way worse when ESPN demoted them a few months back and the show is boderline unlistenable now.
When they go back in person (If they ever come back) I will give it a try. I dislike most forms of sport analysis offered by the media and enjoyed the sports as a table setting to discuss whatever they wanted, but always having sports to come back to for content.
As for LeBatard itself I think the show is awful when he is out. He was the captain, played the straight man to perfection and was able to direct conversation to interesting places. As for his wokeness, it never bothered me, I agree with some of what he says, but even when I disagree it doesn't bother me, but he can get tiresome and strident sometimes.

I don't think he's hurting for cash and with his show already as a digital media I think he will land on his feet fairly easy

Nah. "Woke" definitely pays. Remember her?

And that's in addition to ANOTHER TV show she's hosting.

Anyway, this is likely what's in store for Lebatard. ESPN probably was holding him back financially to be honest. He'll probably get in the podcast game, scripted TV show, etc.

His interests clearly evolved beyond sports (I suspect his way too hot for him fiance has something to do with that). I just never got the feeling that he was the guy who I wanted to listen to about those topics (even when I agreed with most of what he was saying).

another show that no one is going to watch because twitter popularity doesn't reflect reality. she'll get her payday for a season and showtime is going to continue to hemorrhage viewers and cancel the series (then blame it on racism).

Advertisement
Back