Leavitt

Vizslacane

Redshirt Freshman
Several questions:

1. Will AG do what needs to be done to improve the defense?
2. If yes, will he bring the right guy in who could run a more Miami personnel friendly scheme and give him the autonomy to do it?
3. If yes, would Jim Leavitt be that guy, and would we want him?
4. He's currently the LB coach for the 49ers. Would he accept the DC position if offered?

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.
3. I don't know enough about him, but seems like he'd be great. Fiery guy. Assume he can recruit since he built up USF from scratch. Knows FL schools, athletes, etc.
4. I would think so. Brings him a lot closer to home.

Advertisement
Wish he was our head coach choke some kids and get them into shape..... USF fell off heavy since Leavitt left

Several questions:

2. If yes, will he bring the right guy in who could run a more Miami personnel friendly scheme and give him the autonomy to do it?
4. He's currently the LB coach for the 49ers. Would he accept the DC position if offered?

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.
3. I don't know enough about him, but seems like he'd be great. Fiery guy. Assume he can recruit since he built up USF from scratch. Knows FL schools, athletes, etc.
THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IS NOT THE PROBLEM. AL GOLDEN IS THE PROBLEM. THE DEFENSE IS NOT THE ONLY ISSUE ON THE TEAM. THE OFFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS ARE JUST AS BAD.

With the scandal miami just got over they're not touching men like this. No Leavitts, no Butches.

God ****, I was looking forward to a bye week, but some of yall need a bye from thread starting in the mean time.

Advertisement
Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.
THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IS NOT THE PROBLEM. AL GOLDEN IS THE PROBLEM. THE DEFENSE IS NOT THE ONLY ISSUE ON THE TEAM. THE OFFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS ARE JUST AS BAD.

At some point he either lets go of the defense and hires someone else or he digs his own grave...

LOL.

Jim Leavitt would kick in Al Golden's door, **** on the carpet, throw all the **** off of his desk and walk out. He's way too alpha for a ***** like Golden. Golden needs "yes" men.

Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.

Why do you believe Golden will "do what needs to be done to improve the defense" other than blind faith? This is his defense. He kept this same defensive system here -- not just D'Onofrio, this defense -- for four years despite embarrassingly horrid results. The only reason he'd even consider tweaking it for a millisecond would be to save his own ***, which he should not under any circumstance have the chance to do.

It needs to be drilled into people's heads: This is Al Golden's defense. Replacing D'Onofrio with another stooge to run the same defense accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.

Why do you believe Golden will "do what needs to be done to improve the defense" other than blind faith? This is his defense. He kept this same defensive system here -- not just D'Onofrio, this defense -- for four years despite embarrassingly horrid results. The only reason he'd even consider tweaking it for a millisecond would be to save his own ***, which he should not under any circumstance have the chance to do.

It needs to be drilled into people's heads: This is Al Golden's defense. Replacing D'Onofrio with another stooge to run the same defense accomplishes absolutely nothing.

"and give him the autonomy to do it"

Advertisement
Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.

the key is bringing somone else in, to run their own defense. Not run Al's defense.

This notion that a new DC will rescue Folden is for imbeciles. You've got 4 years of seeing what a bumbling oaf he is as a HC. Now, you want him to scapegoat the guy that he co-designed the defense with and called the "best in the business" while we were posting historically bad results.

He's going to be a sudden success by getting rid of his right hand man and assistant HC? The guy who is basically his partner. Sounds like a great plan. It's worked so well for all of our other recent failure HCs hasn't it? Coker and Shannon both ****ed through assistants like mad men. Really changed their fortunes didn't it? Wake the fck up and study a little college football history.

There are a million and one things wrong with this program. The defense is just one **** in a cesspool full of them.

Why would Leavitt - a seasoned coach and one time head corch, want to coach under a buffoon of a corch?

Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. I hope so.

SEE POINT#2 ON SEVERAL QUESTIONS - Key word "autonomy"

Advertisement
Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.

That's not what I asked. I asked why do you believe Golden will do what needs to be done to improve the defense after he's chosen to stick with it for four years. Blind faith? Any competent coach would have found the need to adapt after no more than 2 years of this defense, especially since Miami had total defenses ranked in the top 35 during all four years of Shannon's awful tenure. Defenses should never be as bad as they've been under Golden at Miami. Never.

Golden is an extremely stubborn individual who still believes his way is the right way. His supposed "expertise" is in defense and special teams, both of which are disasters. Those who want him to stay if he's willing to change defenses are basically satisfied with having a head coach who provides nothing of value in terms of Xs and Os, but is a somewhat articulate public speaker and wears business casual sideline attire.

The bar should never be that low at a program like this.

Last edited:
Leavitt is a guy I think would do well here. Yes, he had an issue with a student athlete and it is said he punched him and chocked him. Heck, that's what I want to do with AG and Dino. That may be the guy we need to decontaminate the minds of our defensive unit and get them playing ol' skool Miami D again.

If he's given full autonomy maybe he'll punch AG in the face if he tries to dip into the scheme.

Several questions:

My thoughts:

1. Yes.

That's not what I asked. I asked why do you believe Golden will do what needs to be done to improve the defense after he's chosen to stick with it for four years. Blind faith? Any competent coach would have found the need to adapt after no more than 2 years of this defense, especially since Miami had total defenses ranked in the top 35 during all four years of Shannon's awful tenure. Defenses should never be as bad as they've been under Golden at Miami. Never.

Golden is an extremely stubborn individual who still believes his way is the right way. His supposed "expertise" is in defense and special teams, both of which are disasters. Those who want him to stay if he's willing to change defenses are basically satisfied with having a head coach who provides nothing of value in terms of Xs and Os, but is a somewhat articulate public speaker and wears business casual sideline attire.

The bar should never be that low at a program like this.

Frankly, I don't want him here under any circumstance, but that was not the question. The question is reasonable because AG is not not going anywhere so the best we can hope for if have him hire a DC and back completely out of it. While he's hiring, why not bring in a SP coach as well and just be the CEO that he is.

AG reminds me of a couple of directors I've had in my past. They were fantastic leaders from a high-level position but sucked hind *** dealing with operations.

Advertisement
Oh great. Another one of these threads.

tumblr_mh9fvpeZKi1qcbny4o1_500.gif

Is the goal to see how many hypothetical questions we can ask?

Butch and Leavitt's biggest "sin"- not having their incidents go down at a $EC school. There's a certain corch that beat out Alfred for a job that very easily could have been involved in a rape coverup and all that was ever really mentioned about him is what a "high energy" cool guy he is.

The sad thing that this thread makes your realize is that Leavitt and O'Leary are probably the class of Florida school coaches in like the last decade if you exempt good ol' Urb.

Advertisement
Back