Leaving South Florida?

So when the kids in the terrible areas of LA, Baton Rouge, and so on stay with their hometown teams then what? There is always an excuse, or always something better somewhere else. Miami's facilities are on par with most colleges, and consider USC when it come's to recruiting they play in an old NFL stadium off campus, their facilities are pretty similar, but they continue to produce top class after top class with Clay ***** Helton of all people, difference is their Admin cares and makes football a priority and there is a different mentality to these players.

South Florida kids are front runners, plain and simple. They play in 4 different optimist teams, 3 different 7v7 teams, and 3 different HS before they ever even see a college campus. Its a weak mentality in SFLA and has been for awhile. Winning helps, but its a culture thing in SFLA and until that changes, nothing else will.

Advertisement
The 2 FIU players getting shot does not help us at all.

Dent kept on saying, he needed to go somewhere where he is safe
Rique said he needed to experience something new
Lucas said he needed to get out of Miami
Ladson said the same thing about needing to get out of Miami.

So when the kids in the terrible areas of LA, Baton Rouge, and so on stay with their hometown teams then what? There is always an excuse, or always something better somewhere else. Miami's facilities are on par with most colleges, and consider USC when it come's to recruiting they play in an old NFL stadium off campus, their facilities are pretty similar, but they continue to produce top class after top class with Clay ***** Helton of all people, difference is their Admin cares and makes football a priority and there is a different mentality to these players.

South Florida kids are front runners, plain and simple. They play in 4 different optimist teams, 3 different 7v7 teams, and 3 different HS before they ever even see a college campus. Its a weak mentality in SFLA and has been for awhile. Winning helps, but its a culture thing in SFLA and until that changes, nothing else will.

Actually the LA Coliseum is on campus

Advertisement
D88D36B5-3F7C-4CF9-A92F-B74BCF8891D5.gif

If we were a perennial top10 team and sniffing the playoffs the last 3 years and a little bag help the narrative would be much different from that parent and the peewee coaches.

Actually the LA Coliseum is on campus
You are right, for some reason I thought it was like 10 blocks away, anyways still stands. A small, urban college with similar facilities does not have these same issues.

The 2 FIU players getting shot does not help us at all.

Dent kept on saying, he needed to go somewhere where he is safe
Rique said he needed to experience something new
Lucas said he needed to get out of Miami
Ladson said the same thing about needing to get out of Miami.
So does the same hold for the 2 LSU players that shot that guy? Nah all the Baton Rouge HS players worth taking will still go to LSU most likely.

Advertisement
So does the same hold for the 2 LSU players that shot that guy? Nah all the Baton Rouge HS players worth taking will still go to LSU most likely.

Actually its about 50/50 with Baton Rouge players because Alabama has been getting whoever they wanted out of that city also lately.

Actually its about 50/50 with Baton Rouge players because Alabama has been getting whoever they wanted out of that city also lately.
Right Bama, they don't have USC jr, Kentucky, and Tenn coming in there taking their better plays, basically is the equivalent to what happens here. We losing players to Cuse and schit. Losing a kid to Bama one can understand though, again weakminded front running, but to lose a kid to Cuse or lose a kid to USC jr, or to any school on that level is something that shouldn't happen.

Advertisement
I had a conversation with a family member who's connected with pee-wee and high school football and we started talking recruiting. Since he's way more involved than me I asked why do kids leave SF so frequently and he said verbatim "Ya'll dorms and locker rooms are outdated. Miami is a small private school, ya'll are not going to impress these boys who just seen million dollar facilities." Then went on to praise Clemson, Bama, Washington, and Oregon's facilities.

But the thing that stuck out the most and he emphasized a lot is that these guys want to get away. He went on to say "Most of these kids have lived in SF for 16-18 years. What else do they need to see?" I didn't specifically ask if people and or outside forces were enforcing this but I kinda assumed by the way he was speaking.

Has anyone heard the same or similar?

We just got a whole new indoor on campus lockeroom, it’s not like Georgia or Oregon but it’s nice. We are also getting new dorms on campus which are legit so that argument won’t last very long

Advertisement
Sound like a whole lot of restrictions to me. All i know it was random ppl walking on the campus due to its location

Oh yea but the campus is actually a safe zone for the gangs. From what I have heard, if any gang violates a USC student or fan there is some type of retaliation either by their own gang or in the county if they get arrested.

I do think the small private school has some leg too. Why not go to a college city of 20-100 thousand people that probably will worship the home team and breathe football all year around.
I still think Miami would put those things away with winning, but it matters when you're barely top 25 program
100% agree. In Miami they’re just another fish in a big sea (this is Miami, we see greatness everyday in all areas of life we’re not gonna worship 18-20 year old college players) in those other towns they get worshipped and treated like Kings

It’s really pathetic how people blame local kids for the state of UM football. UM is the institutional equivalent of a crazy guy who pours gasoline on himself then lights a match. And our fans are the equivalent of that person’s family blaming the gas company, and the store that sold the matches. Gtfooh.

Miami kids are doing what is in their own best interests for something more important than our fun. Their lives. If UM can’t credibly offer a competitive opportunity, then blame UM. If we get to the point where we do offer that opportunity, then more than likely, plenty of kids will want to stay home, be a hometown star, ***** hotties on the beach and all that. What attracts kids to staying home hasn’t changed. What’s changed is our program stinks to high hesven and the secret is out.

It’s really pathetic how people blame local kids for the state of UM football. UM is the institutional equivalent of a crazy guy who pours gasoline on himself then lights a match. And our fans are the equivalent of that person’s family blaming the gas company, and the store that sold the matches. Gtfooh.

Miami kids are doing what is in their own best interests for something more important than our fun. Their lives. If UM can’t credibly offer a competitive opportunity, then blame UM. If we get to the point where we do offer that opportunity, then more than likely, plenty of kids will want to stay home, be a hometown star, ***** hotties on the beach and all that. What attracts kids to staying home hasn’t changed. What’s changed is our program stinks to high hesven and the secret is out.

Exactly... We’re turning into a sad group blaming kids for not wanting to come here when we aren’t winning. I can’t believe these posters want these kids to blindly commit,

Advertisement
Back