LB's for next year

So does Manny let a guy like McCloud come back for a 6th year? IMO he needs to let guys like McCloud and Jennings know, hopefully starting in the bowl game, that the young guys are going to get their reps. We need to see more of Sam Brooks, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave and Avery Huff again hopefully starting in the bowl game.

Jennings was a great story making his comeback but he is not a power 5 caliber LB and neither is McCloud anymore. Those guys have been exposed all season by any team with a pulse and it's time for them to move on.

We have guys coming in that can upgrade the athleticism at LB and my hope is with a kid like Troutman coming in during the spring we can get him ready to compete for some reps and to contribute on special teams.
It's more about scheme and the DC running it...than personnel

Blake Baker is the primary problem...until he's removed and replaced with a seasoned, proven DC...all LBs will have problems

Advertisement
These guys are too in love with what's coming off the bus.
Stop worrying about numbers and measurables and watch film.

You guys know this staff has consistently defaulted to just playing the elder players year in and year out, right?

Seriously I have zero faith any freshman who is clearly more talented will actually start over older players, especially at LB, WR, and Safety.

Advertisement
It's more about scheme and the DC running it...than personnel

Blake Baker is the primary problem...until he's removed and replaced with a seasoned, proven DC...all LBs will have problems
I agree we need to be much better schematically but we have to also admit that McCloud and Jennings are not power 5 lb’s.

Man feels like yesterday I was watching McClouds HS tape and thought he was gonna be better than Shaq and Mike. Boy was I wrong... what happened? Dudes tape was filthy.

Manny put a monkey on his own back. He spearheaded the recruiting of this position for years as the LB coach/DC under Richt. Reportedly talked to Wingo everyday yet that wasn’t enough and whiffed. Justin Flowe, nope. Just like Rumph, he’s the bridesmaid, never the bride. It’s time for CEO Manny to fix what’s broken. Hire good recruiting coaches at positions of need, LB and CB and bring in stud transfers to fill the gaps. Can Barrow get a call? Can Reed have a hand at DB coaching? Also address the void at WR in the portal. If history is any indication, Manny will adjust in the offseason and make necessary changes. This is the only way we’ll have a puncher’s chance against Baga.

Last edited:
That boy TAC coming for one of those spots. Got in late against UNC, made a tackle, and was fired up/firing his teammates up like it was 0-0. CMD mentality.
Wait til we got the savage from Camden playing with troutman Johnson and Davis. Couple of lunatics on the field man

Advertisement
Manny put a monkey on his own back. He spearheaded the recruiting of this position for years, coached this position as DC under Richt. Reportedly talked to Wingo everyday yet that wasn’t enough and whiffed. Justin Flowe, nope. Just like Rumph, he’s the bridesmaid, never the bride. It’s time for CEO Manny to fix what’s broken. Hire good recruiting coaches at positions of need, LB and CB and bring in stud transfers to fill the gaps. Can Barrow get a call? Can Reed have a hand at DB coaching? Also address the void at WR in the portal. If history is any indication, Manny will adjust in the offseason and make necessary changes. This is the only way we’ll have a fighters chance against Baga.

Don't know if Barrow or Reed are the answer, but either way lots of valid points here. Good post.

I don't think this group is going to be any good. They are all pretty flawed individually and I haven't seen anyone returning have extended periods of play where they are high end linebackers. Maybe a play here n there, but a lot of missed assignment, poor pursuit angles, bad spacing in zone...idk. Good luck.

Advertisement
Don't know if Barrow or Reed are the answer, but either way lots of valid points here. Good post.
They may not be but Barrow> Patke and Reed> Banda. Banda leaving is probably unrealistic but Rumph needs to be swapped by a competent recruiter.

Advertisement
Lol at those mentioning Huff, dude is DBC level dumb. Two full seasons and still can’t pick up the defense. He’ll be in the portal eventually

We need a dedicated LB coach instead of what we have currently. The instruction these kids get is vital to their success and even more vital to the success of the team.

Advertisement
Back