LB's for next year

Advertisement
If McCloud wants to keep playing then move him to DE and let him compete to replace Roche and Phillips.
what?!?!? do people think football is like flipping burgers and then you get moved to fries......this isn't McDowells

Exactly

If Manny doesn’t bring in a new DC, we’re starting Jennings and McCloud if he comes back for a 6th year

Bama runs for 500+ yards against us and Manny begins his campaign to get fired

If he brings in a new DC and staff, we should see -

1. Brooks
2. TAC
3. Huff
4. Flagg
100% agree Manny will be beginning the end of his tenure here.

Totally agree, I was astounded watching Jennings and McCloud essentially block themselves by taking awful angles and running into blockers. Those are upper classmen and they looked like 2 star freshman.
Our linebackers were not filling gaps or trying to tackle the rb the whole game. They looked like they were trying to find a blocker to attach too. Was the most pathetic performance I’ve ever seen by a single position group.

Advertisement
Its honestly shocking how bad the LB position is right now at the U. Think of all the greats that have played there and we are seeing McCloud and Jennings start (both terrible) and arguing that average/unproven backups like Flagg, Cave, Steed, etc should play more. Cant believe they haven't been able to convince any big time recruits or transfers to come in at the position. I was hopeful Huff could be the guy but somehow he plays the least of all of them...he must really be struggling with understanding the scheme

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get the notion of playing the older guys just b/c they’ve been here. Ur spot should be earned, unless u r simply an incumbent starter. I’ve seen not one player as an incumbent starter.

U play ur best player, not who has the loudest claps, highest of fives, tote the now watered down hit stick, who’s great in mat drills, and who’s been here the longest. Play ur best, and stop using the “we see they are having mental errors” as an excuse, when ur upper classmen are having more egregious mental errors.

Advertisement
I don’t get the notion of playing the older guys just b/c they’ve been here. Ur spot should be earned, unless u r simply an incumbent starter. I’ve seen not one player as an incumbent starter.

U play ur best player, not who has the loudest claps, highest of fives, tote the now watered down hit stick, who’s great in mat drills, and who’s been here the longest. Play ur best, and stop using the “we see they are having mental errors” as an excuse, when ur upper classmen are having more egregious mental errors.
And Manny has stated repeatedly that the best players will play. That does not seem to be happening.

And Manny has stated repeatedly that the best players will play. That does not seem to be happening.

Another reason I don’t believe in him. Between the lack of running up the scoreboard, the fast & violent statements, everyone running 20 mph, & what u just mentioned....the guy is a salesperson living out a dream. But that’s bout it.

Edit: and he threw Richt under the bus, shadily by making innuendo comments, when this dude gave this flunk a 2nd opportunity. Another reason I can’t trust this dude.

Id be right behind you...but with a parachute..
jumping off cliff.gif

That boy TAC coming for one of those spots. Got in late against UNC, made a tackle, and was fired up/firing his teammates up like it was 0-0. CMD mentality.

Advertisement
Back