LB's for next year

So does Manny let a guy like McCloud come back for a 6th year? IMO he needs to let guys like McCloud and Jennings know, hopefully starting in the bowl game, that the young guys are going to get their reps. We need to see more of Sam Brooks, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave and Avery Huff again hopefully starting in the bowl game.

Jennings was a great story making his comeback but he is not a power 5 caliber LB and neither is McCloud anymore. Those guys have been exposed all season by any team with a pulse and it's time for them to move on.

We have guys coming in that can upgrade the athleticism at LB and my hope is with a kid like Troutman coming in during the spring we can get him ready to compete for some reps and to contribute on special teams.
My man, you already no the answer to this. Search your feelings you know it to be true! McLeod and Jennings will back, starting and looking lost as ever when there not being bulldozed by guards and centers.
1608144317751.gif

Advertisement
I'm not trying to defend Jennings, even though it's going to come out that way. But the scheme and run fits have a lot to do with him disappearing into the line and getting swallowed up. Now, is he slow and can't get off of blocks to make plays when they are there, absolutely. When he played loose and trusted his eyes he played well, even though it was Duke.

I don't think he should be starting next year if he comes back though. The younger guys are more athletic and read the game faster than he does. We all know by now that the staff plays the seniority/knows the scheme/favoritism game.

Exactly

If Manny doesn’t bring in a new DC, we’re starting Jennings and McCloud if he comes back for a 6th year

Bama runs for 500+ yards against us and Manny begins his campaign to get fired

If he brings in a new DC and staff, we should see -

1. Brooks
2. TAC
3. Huff
4. Flagg

Brooks has been dealing with a foot injury too, he should look like a different player once fully healed. He lost that "pop" he had freshman year.

Advertisement
get this Goldenized "fist pump after allowing a first down but I tackled him" guy the bleep off of our roster

Advertisement
I have 0 faith that the current defensive coaching staff won't be rolling out Jennings to start against Bama.
This is why I asked the Maude's to look into a crying reaction emoji. Not the "so funny I'm crying" kind, more like the "Jennings will be starting against Bama in 9 months" kind.

I don't know if Jennings and MCCLoud are good or bad, I just know there position coaches have been Manny and Blake : Many knowledgeable folks on this board mentioned that Shap and Pinkney didn't improve much from their freshmen year. So if the position coaches are the same brain trust that couldn't figure out how to stop NC from gaining 700 yards in a game, I have to question their ability to coach up linebackers.

This would’ve been my OP to the title....

🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑 :diaf-u:

Advertisement
I always thought that was his best position by his build and hs film. He’s explosive but lacks change of direction.

IIRC, he was used quite a bit as a freshman as that blitzing edge guy and was effective. This should have been his wheelhouse the entire time.

I'm not so enamored by 18/11 just yet but I am intrigued by Huff.

IIRC, he was used quite a bit as a freshman as that blitzing edge guy and was effective. This should have been his wheelhouse the entire time.

I'm not so enamored by 18/11 just yet but I am intrigued by Huff.
And Huff is the one that has played the least. Hopefully they find a way to get him on the field.

Advertisement
It will be time. Hes not a baby anymore. Will be his 3rd year in the program. Time for guys like him, Cam Will, Harvey to take that next step next year. You can throw Huff in there too. Time to make a move or move to the side.
So how bad was Brooks foot this year? He didn't look fast or explosive, not what I was expecting from the young man.

McCloud and Jennings need to move on with their lives/careers. Thank you for your service.

So does Manny let a guy like McCloud come back for a 6th year? IMO he needs to let guys like McCloud and Jennings know, hopefully starting in the bowl game, that the young guys are going to get their reps. We need to see more of Sam Brooks, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave and Avery Huff again hopefully starting in the bowl game.

Jennings was a great story making his comeback but he is not a power 5 caliber LB and neither is McCloud anymore. Those guys have been exposed all season by any team with a pulse and it's time for them to move on.

We have guys coming in that can upgrade the athleticism at LB and my hope is with a kid like Troutman coming in during the spring we can get him ready to compete for some reps and to contribute on special teams.

If this staff keeps trotting out those guys for a significant amount of snaps, they should be investigated for point shaving and fixing games.

Let the youngsters battle it out for snaps starting in the spring and through fall camp

Advertisement
Back