LB Vincent Shavers commits to Canes

View as article
Advertisement
That’s what I mean, Mario’s recruitment of the position is focused more on speed. We just saw Manny recruit instincts over speed for six years. It’s refreshing to see Mario’s approach to the position. Especially with how wide open the CFB game is.

The only guy that really showed instincts in high school was Flagg, and it hasn’t really translated to college. He doesn’t diagnose plays nearly as quickly here and puts a ton of pressure on his athletic limitations. He is more hesitant now. If he had kept that ability, he would be a good player on run downs.

The other guys often showed slow reaction on tape and had to see the ball to pursue rather than reading their keys. To me it looked like Manny picked guys based on striking ability. Problem was they struggled getting to the right spot.

I think some of those guys could have played well in 3-4 schemes, especially as Ted backers.

Manny struggled identifying guys who could do EXACTLY what he needed. He was trying to turn them into something they never showed. This is the difference between us and teams like Clemson that I hope Mario can fix.

Advertisement
I think he’s closer to TGood.

But I can see the Beason comparison based on striking and size.

Edit: GOODEN lol seemed a lot longer and rangier to me...Not Beason, his size, speed, and build reminds me of Beason

Last edited:
Yea Stomp (Gooden) was more longer....

Prop Joe had the pleasure of schooling/Blocking Gooden when he was a younging an lining up at DE at South Broward High School.
He was an athletic freak though...

I remember complaining that Gooden was a step down from Beason and that our talent was going down. ... he's probably been our best LB other than Perryman and possibly Shaq since his senior season in 2007/2008.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 u my dawg & I know u jus droppin fax & I smell ya ( Big Pause) but…
Shawn Michaels Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yoo! Hit the button

I remember complaining that Gooden was a step down from Beason and that our talent was going down. ... he's probably been our best LB other than Perryman and possibly Shaq since his senior season in 2007/2008.
I sat next to Gooden in homeroom in highschool.

Fuggin HILARIOUS dude and built like a tank.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back