LB Vincent Shavers commits to Canes

View as article
Advertisement
Jason Taylor wants him? Cool, I want him then for sure.
Mocking Ha Ha GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
Always like seeing prospects who play on bith sides of the ball. Shows plus athleticism, shows the staff value his talent so much they need to have them on the field on both ends.
On paper this is the type of prospect that we always hear complaints about why weren’t we on him early. Maintains inroads in local schools. These are the kind of prospects that I am expecting to see our new athletic department run by Zo bring in.

Fingers crossed

Advertisement
We don't want another Stanquan Clark situation. He really emerged as a senior at Central despite average junior tape and we were too late to the party.
Wasn’t Clark a kid who played safety all his life and then moved over to LB for his junior/senior season? This kid seems more like an undersized DE that will need to make the move to LB. I know his film is sophomore year so I hope to see him playing in space more this year at Central.

Wasn’t Clark a kid who played safety all his life and then moved over to LB for his junior/senior season? This kid seems more like an undersized DE that will need to make the move to LB. I know his film is sophomore year so I hope to see him playing in space more this year at Central.
We had him playing off the ball linebacker since he was 11.
Hes pretty comfortable off the ball.

1684614591672.png

We don't want another Stanquan Clark situation. He really emerged as a senior at Central despite average junior tape and we were too late to the party.
If we’re being blunt about it… I think we’re punished disproportionately locally for not being early vs other places. LSU offers, Sam jumps… that’s just a recent one in the portal. We don’t get the same local discount that other places get.

Advertisement
If we’re being blunt about it… I think we’re punished disproportionately locally for not being early vs other places. LSU offers, Sam jumps… that’s just a recent one in the portal. We don’t get the same local discount that other places get.
It makes sense that kids who grow up in Miami and want to be noticed by Miami feel more scorned if Miami doesn't notice them early and people from other big programs further away start chasing them first

Advertisement
It makes sense that kids who grow up in Miami and want to be noticed by Miami feel more scorned if Miami doesn't notice them early and people from other big programs further away start chasing them first
That’s not my point. I understand that. When a kid from Louisiana is treated similarly by LSU, it doesn’t seem to hurt them like it hurts us with our local kids.

LSU is the flagship school in state. In texas ..UT is...and TX AM has a hold as well..

In fla there is NO flagship...all3 of the big 3 have won championships....and we are a private school so less alumni locally. These other schools there teachers, garbage truck driver, mail man, church reverend, xfinity technician all attended the flagship school n its a constant pull to the school everywhere they go.

In public school sin s.fla there is likely more UF/FSU/FIU alumni in the positions..and we have literal HATERS of Um in these kids faces on a day to day

That’s not my point. I understand that. When a kid from Louisiana is treated similarly by LSU, it doesn’t seem to hurt them like it hurts us with our local kids.
Maybe, but it is tough to say. Using your example of LSU, they have won 3 national championships in the time since we won our last one. They also have won the SEC in the modern era more than one and we haven't won a conference title since 2003.

LSU is also the only prestigious university in the state whereas in Florida there are three schools with a ton of tradition and prestige. So the kids who might be Miami fans probably have friends or cousins who are strong supporters of other Florida schools and scorning Miami isn't as big of a deal as scorning LSU to a kid from Louisiana.

I think if we were more relevant nationally and had a better recent track record of winning important games we'd see stronger appeal from local kids who we are late to recruit.

Advertisement
Back