LB Drill

Once again surprised by the lack of football knowledge on this board, says a lot...

Advertisement
After re-reading the comments before [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] ... Some of y'all might want to delete your comments to preserve the idea that you might actually understand the game beyond what you've learned from playing Madden, NCAA, or just listening to play-by-play on TV or radio.

Lol

:jordan::jordan::jordan:

technique over speed
Aparrently you guys are not familiar with this drill. Actually Grace is doing it wrong...the idea of this drill is to slide the block then step in a way that your inside leg is directly behind the blockers inside leg..by doing this the only way the blocker can continue is to block you in the back..its a bball step try it will make more sense

Thank you!

Guys are quick to judge and act like experts on the matter. Young actually had the best technique probably
Maybe a bit slow and exaggerated. .but the right idea....u see this used most often by DE when bending and then taking that first step directly behind the blocker closest leg

Advertisement
Aparrently you guys are not familiar with this drill. Actually Grace is doing it wrong...the idea of this drill is to slide the block then step in a way that your inside leg is directly behind the blockers inside leg..by doing this the only way the blocker can continue is to block you in the back..its a bball step try it will make more sense

Big ups to you for explaining the drill before these guys begin to run away with their analogies....👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Yeah cause we all know most members on here think their experts and never even stepped on a football field. #KeyboardCorches

From my view it appears much work is needed by the LB's during the next 5 months...

You can't make any judgment whatsoever as to the state of our LBs from that drill.

Amazing how little people understand about what goes into practice and the nuances of honing technique

On mobile so sorry if the below link doesn't work but who are the second two LBs in this video? Grace looks smooth and quick but what are the other two doing? Not clowning any players at all - just curious who these two are.

https://instagram.com/p/BDijX7hqCFx/

They deserve clowning! LOL. That second guy was straight leg tripping, hilarious! He and third guy look like they new to football.

Advertisement
On mobile so sorry if the below link doesn't work but who are the second two LBs in this video? Grace looks smooth and quick but what are the other two doing? Not clowning any players at all - just curious who these two are.

https://instagram.com/p/BDijX7hqCFx/

They deserve clowning! LOL. That second guy was straight leg tripping, hilarious! He and third guy look like they new to football.

Didn't read past the first post now did ya?

UM fans crying that we needed a complete overhaul. Now we're getting one, and the players need time to learn all the new techniques. But the dopey UM fan thinks everyone should know everything 7 practices in.

And everyone is talking about FSU WR'S. LMAO

It was the body-language & effort from a highly touted bust who's been there what, 3 years? That's what made the FSU's video look so bad. And I didn't hear a coach calling him out either.

I'm fine with this. To perfect technique you start slow & work on details before you can do it explosively in a consistent manner. Then you build muscle-memory with repetition. And I like to see that Diaz is coaching Pinkney

Thanks for the explanation, Shaq Daddy. Gotta slow it down to speed it up. Glad the players are perfecting their technique during Winter/Spring drills. This is the right time to do that.

Advertisement

Beat me to it.

In defense of the ones who didn't know the drill (including myself - though I assumed the last 2 were working out the drill in slow motion).... Grace, a senior, went through the drill so fast and fluid that it DID seem like the other two were a bit lost. Couple that with the fact that the LB coach (Diaz or GA?) made remarks towards Juwon and the freshman, not Grace.

We aren't all football experts. It's more moronic to assume that the majority of the board should know this random LB/DE drill.

Mr. Quarterman did a good job explaining it without being condescending towards others.

/carry on

Once again surprised by the lack of football knowledge on this board, says a lot...

From the guy who believed in and thought Al Golden was a good coach through week 5 of last season and was stunned he coached a lost to cinci? You got some brass balls questioning ANYONE'S football knowledge.

Advertisement
In defense of the ones who didn't know the drill (including myself - though I assumed the last 2 were working out the drill in slow motion).... Grace, a senior, went through the drill so fast and fluid that it DID seem like the other two were a bit lost. Couple that with the fact that the LB coach (Diaz or GA?) made remarks towards Juwon and the freshman, not Grace.

We aren't all football experts. It's more moronic to assume that the majority of the board should know this random LB/DE drill.

Mr. Quarterman did a good job explaining it without being condescending towards others.

/carry on

Good Point!!! And I guarantee you that the majority of guys on here didn't know the name of that drill or what the **** they were trying to accomplish in that drill either.

From the guy who believed in and thought Al Golden was a good coach through week 5 of last season and was stunned he coached a lost to cinci? You got some brass balls questioning ANYONE'S football knowledge.

LMAO and we're the ones lacking football knowledge.

/carry on

No. It's actually significantly more moronic to rip guys when you don't know what the fck you're watching. If you don't know what the drill requires, then shut the fck up with the criticism.

/carry on

No. It's actually significantly more moronic to rip guys when you don't know what the fck you're watching. If you don't know what the drill requires, then shut the fck up with the criticism.

And who the **** are you??? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and ain't a **** thing you can do about it.

Advertisement
Back