LB Coach Possibilities

I had Diabate on an older list and he’s a good up and comer.

that list:
John Egorugwu-31 year old defensive QC/assistant lb coach, Buffalo Bills. Been coaching in NFL 6 years already and four years as an assistant lb coach already on some good defenses. Helped work with Tremaine Edmunds, etc. That much NFL experience as an assistant lb coach already would be interesting progression as a LB coach (NFL or college).

- Siriki Diabate-30 year old lb coach at Middle Tennessee State the last 4 years. Has had already 3 all-conference guys and was a defensive analyst at Notre Dame ,intern for the Cowboys, and has been rising and producing quickly relative to his age. Was a LB at Syracuse under Scott ********.

-Sean Duggan-28 year old BC lb coach-Jeff Halfley thought enough of a 28 year old to bring him on his staff. The guy has already been a lb coach at Hawaii two years (had an NFL and all conference guy), UMASS, a grad assistant under Halfley at Ohio State, and now BC this past year. Supposed to be a pretty good recruiter already.

-Cato June-38 year old UMASS lb coach. Former NFL veteran and one time All Pro who coached 4 years at Howard and now 2 years at UMASS so he's slowly building his background. NFL experience, is one of the independent conference's top recruiters.

-John Pagano, 53 year old younger brother of Chuck so there's that Miami connection. Long time NFL guy and current outside LB coach at Denver. Former NFL DC coordinator. Maybe a dc/lb coach possibility.

Advertisement
Lol I would imagine the coaches who we were looking at before we hired TWill will be upset if we circle back to them...

Anyone who would have hurt feelings over something like that isn't cut out for the profession. If Miami LB Coach is a better job/pays more than what they currently have, they'll take it. Position coaches especially are mercs

No idea if he wants to get into coaching but Vilma would be an interesting name. Saw he's been working out at UM recently. As an NFL TV analyst he's really good and he's got a big personality. He'd definitely crush it on the trail but again not sure if he wants to get into coaching.

Advertisement
I had Diabate on an older list and he’s a good up and comer.

that list:
John Egorugwu-31 year old defensive QC/assistant lb coach, Buffalo Bills. Been coaching in NFL 6 years already and four years as an assistant lb coach already on some good defenses. Helped work with Tremaine Edmunds, etc. That much NFL experience as an assistant lb coach already would be interesting progression as a LB coach (NFL or college).

- Siriki Diabate-30 year old lb coach at Middle Tennessee State the last 4 years. Has had already 3 all-conference guys and was a defensive analyst at Notre Dame ,intern for the Cowboys, and has been rising and producing quickly relative to his age. Was a LB at Syracuse under Scott ********.

-Sean Duggan-28 year old BC lb coach-Jeff Halfley thought enough of a 28 year old to bring him on his staff. The guy has already been a lb coach at Hawaii two years (had an NFL and all conference guy), UMASS, a grad assistant under Halfley at Ohio State, and now BC this past year. Supposed to be a pretty good recruiter already.

-Cato June-38 year old UMASS lb coach. Former NFL veteran and one time All Pro who coached 4 years at Howard and now 2 years at UMASS so he's slowly building his background. NFL experience, is one of the independent conference's top recruiters.

-John Pagano, 53 year old younger brother of Chuck so there's that Miami connection. Long time NFL guy and current outside LB coach at Denver. Former NFL DC coordinator. Maybe a dc/lb coach possibility.
John's (Pagano) not coming....

Don’t think Manny will hire a guy that will be looking to take his job from day 1....

Pretty sure Steele has zero desire to be the HC of the Miami Hurricanes. He wants the Tennessee HC job which he might have a better shot at after Heupel serves as the sacrificial lamb during NCAA sanctions. If he comes to Miami and has a top 10 defense a couple years in a row and plays nice with the Miami staff to shed the image of being a backstabber, I think it would help his career more than being an analyst somewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would be a great pickup as a recruiter.

He’s from Ft. Pierce, went to St. Lucie West Centennial (which is where Kamari Wilson went before transferring to IMG), he played LB at Miss St when Dan Mullen first got the job there & he was an assistant recruiting director for UF last year.

He just got hired as a Senior Defensive Analyst at Miss St a few months ago.
Kamari went to Westwood not Centennial. He is tight with Chaney though

No idea if he wants to get into coaching but Vilma would be an interesting name. Saw he's been working out at UM recently. As an NFL TV analyst he's really good and he's got a big personality. He'd definitely crush it on the trail but again not sure if he wants to get into coaching.
Vilma's on the UM Board of Trustees. He's not going to become a position coach.

Advertisement
T-Will was a great LB coach for the U while it lasted. Best LB coach we have had in two decades, but only had him for 15 days🥺.

That said, we must move on. The Canes still have the best group of defensive coaches since Coker left, if you count Shoop as part of that equation. I love Shoop, T-Rob and Simpson. They all are top flight college football coaches.

I say CMD should get a young, energetic LB coach who can teach fundamentals, recruit and don’t play favoritism. 😉 In other words, the kind of LB coach the Canes always needed, but never hired until T-Will

T-Will was a great LB coach for the U while it lasted. Best LB coach we have had in two decades, but only had him for 15 days🥺.

That said, we must move on. The Canes still have the best group of defensive coaches since Coker left, if you count Shoop as part of that equation. I love Shoop, T-Rob and Simpson. They all are top flight college football coaches.

I say CMD should get a young, energetic LB coach who can teach fundamentals, recruit and don’t play favoritism. 😉 In other words, the kind of LB coach the Canes always needed, but never hired until T-Will
Do you really think it’s sensible to crown someone who did literally nothing here?

Advertisement
Back