LB Coach Possibilities

Ew at every single one of those. I pray that aint true. No one loves retreads like UM. UF fans dont even like Robinson, lol. The rest of those names, LOL. I aint buying that.

Shoop and/or T-Rob have to know someone. We can’t be lazy with this.

What's wrong with Barrow? Did I miss something? He's got a ton of LB coaching experience at the college and pro level.

Advertisement
What's wrong with Barrow? Did I miss something? He's got a ton of LB coaching experience at the college and pro level.

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not this time, lol.

But if you are being serious, then maybe its just me but personally I want someone who has coached football and been in the game more recently than 4 seasons ago.

Advertisement
I know Shannon was a disaster as HC, but given the timing and slim options I think he would be a decent option for LB coach. He knows the school and presumably is familiar with the recruiting landscape so he would be up to speed quickly. Of course it is a moot point if the school would not rehire him after his lawsuit.

Advertisement
Advertisement

But if you are being serious, then maybe its just me but personally I want someone who has coached football and been in the game more recently than 4 seasons ago.
I don’t think he is interested in coaching and especially college right now. I know somebody said he did a podcast within the last year and said he didn’t want to recruit. Dude is living in North Carolina right now I believe

Advertisement

I'm not being sarcastic. Sure there are better names but I don't think Barrow is terrible. That was my feeling on Jess Simpson- there are a few better DL coaches out there but it's not a huge miss. I don't think Barrow stopped coaching because he couldn't get a job, I think there were personal reasons for it. And in terms of his coaching ability, K.J. Wright credited Barrows work as a big reason he made his first pro bowl.

https://www.theolympian.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article121600717.html

"On a defense full of stars, Wright often gets lost in the discussion of elite players not only on his team, but around the league.

But the former fourth-round pick out of Mississippi State knows it’s been a steady progression.

Last season, as a three-down linebacker, Wright was as sure-handed a tackler as there was in the league. He played 994 snaps and missed four tackles, according to Pro Football Focus.

But as good as he was stopping ball-carriers, Wright said he knew he had to be better in pass coverage.

So he and linebackers coach Michael Barrow took a long look on how he was defending tight ends and running backs in space.

“We looked at my technique,” Wright said. “I am 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds, and I have long arms, so (Barrow) thought, ‘Go up there and challenge them and don’t give them anything.’

“Guys had success when I gave them something and played off them. I had to start challenging these dudes.”“

—---------

You wouldn't want a LB coach who has proven he can improve a LBs technique and make him better?

TWIW but I’ve heard Kelvin Harris mention a bunch of times that Barrow is not interested in coaching college anymore and dealing with kids and recruiting.

edit: just read @252cane posted about the same thing above

Last edited:
Jamar Chaney on line one
Would be a great pickup as a recruiter.

He’s from Ft. Pierce, went to St. Lucie West Centennial (which is where Kamari Wilson went before transferring to IMG), he played LB at Miss St when Dan Mullen first got the job there & he was an assistant recruiting director for UF last year.

He just got hired as a Senior Defensive Analyst at Miss St a few months ago.

Advertisement
Back