Lawson Decommits....

Advertisement
I've already seen a few people on social media mention Allison when trying to claim that losing Lawson isn't a big deal.

Forget just Allison. We need to bring in 2-3 four-five star QBs in 2015 like FSU is doing in the current cycle in order to make up for how bad QB recruiting has been from 2011-2015 aside from landing Kaaya last year. Otherwise we'll risk being stuck in the same mess at QB that we were in for a long, long time before Kaaya arrived.

FSU doesn't have the problem of a QB playing here for another 2-3 years. i agree that u have to bring in highly rated guys but most qbs know winston isn't coming back and maguire is terrible so the opening is there. W Kaaya solified as the starter, Lawson would be on the bench for at least 2 years and he's maybe not cool w it. i dont like mentioning Allison bc he's a long ways away from signing and anything can happen from now and then. still need to bring in another guy

I love the fact that we have Allison and Centeio.

But that's not until 2016 for one and 2017 for the other. Too long of a gap. We need more depth.

It's now obvious, Allison will be the successor to Kaaya.

I would have loved for Lawson and Allison to go at it in spring 2017 for the job. Looks like Lawson doesn't want to wait and I respect that but if he goes to play for USF I ******* swear....

Looks like it's Allison or bust after the Kaaya era unless Centeio can make an early impression as a freshman in 2017.

But that's not until 2016 for one and 2017 for the other. Too long of a gap. We need more depth.

I would have loved for Lawson and Allison to go at it in spring 2017 for the job. Looks like Lawson doesn't want to wait and I respect that but if he goes to play for USF I ****ing swear....

Looks like it's Allison or bust after the Kaaya era unless Centeio can make an early impression as a freshman in 2017.

Coley will have to add another stud to compete with Allison in the 2016 class. We need at least 2 legit four-star or higher QBs in the next class to make up for this. It's not like we're going to be able to land any QB of note this late in the 2015 cycle.

Just way, way, way too early to be talking about Allison and Centenio as who will start. So much happens with transfers, injuries (both college and high school), new commitments, decommittments, new schemes, coaches, you never know.

Advertisement
Just way, way, way too early to be talking about Allison and Centenio as who will start. So much happens with transfers, injuries (both college and high school), new commitments, decommittments, new schemes, coaches, you never know.

If we lose Allison. We would be ****ed at QB after Kaaya at least another year or two after he leaves. Kid is the goods. You better pray we hold on to him regardless of whatever happens.

Thing that gives me hope is that Coach Coley able to find some nice QB prospects. So we'll wait and see but this is extremely alarming and puts us in a bad spot.

sad, but hey, some guys shy away from competition..

but you know, staff will get ridiculed for this.

I would have loved for Lawson and Allison to go at it in spring 2017 for the job. Looks like Lawson doesn't want to wait and I respect that but if he goes to play for USF I ****ing swear....

Coley will have to add another stud to compete with Allison in the 2016 class. We need at least 2 legit four-star or higher QBs in the next class to make up for this. It's not like we're going to be able to land any QB of note this late in the 2015 cycle.

The only other I know of that we are truly recruiting or remotely in range in 2016 is Dame and I'm a bit underwhelmed by him. I like Buckshot more than him if were gonna go for a guy under the radar to add along Allison.

Not the staffs fault on this one. It's Kaaya's....for being so **** good.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kaaya was a freshman this year. Lawson would likely redshirt, and only be used in an emergency (read: Kaaya got hurt) with Rosier as the backup. That would mean He would be a RS-FR when Kaaya was a Jr. If Kaaya is as good as people think, and think he will be, he'd be gone after that season, meaning Lawson would have the inside track to start as a RS-Sophomore. Sorry, that's not on Kaaya being too good. If the staff was any good, they'd be able to explain that to him, and keep him.

Advertisement

The only other I know of that we are truly recruiting or remotely in range in 2016 is Dame and I'm a bit underwhelmed by him. I like Buckshot more than him if were gonna go for a guy under the radar to add along Allison.

I'm saying we can't afford to go after an under-the-radar QB to go along with Allison. We need another highly-rated QB to compete with Allison in the 2016 class to make up for losing a player of Lawson's caliber. Landing just one isn't going to cut it.

I'm saying we can't afford to go after an under-the-radar QB to go along with Allison. We need another highly-rated QB to compete with Allison in the 2016 class to make up for losing a player of Lawson's caliber. Landing just one isn't going to cut it.

I'm sure another will come into the fold that will be on the radar but we'll see if the deal gets sealed even for that.

It's a ****** situation.

Everyone saying VT on predictions but I think Lawson gonna go to UF.

Advertisement
Bro we can't fire Golden bro. He's been killing it on the recruiting trail. We gotta keep stacking those chips for the 2015 class bro. The cloud has finally passed and now Golden is going to get all the 5 stars bro.

Not the staffs fault on this one. It's Kaaya's....for being so **** good.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kaaya was a freshman this year. Lawson would likely redshirt, and only be used in an emergency (read: Kaaya got hurt) with Rosier as the backup. That would mean He would be a RS-FR when Kaaya was a Jr. If Kaaya is as good as people think, and think he will be, he'd be gone after that season, meaning Lawson would have the inside track to start as a RS-Sophomore. Sorry, that's not on Kaaya being too good. If the staff was any good, they'd be able to explain that to him, and keep him.

Go be apart of the staff since you are such a good recruiter. VT and USF are telling him he can have a shot at starting from day 1 and most likely so is Florida (since McElwain can "win with his dog at QB then talks bad about Treon to recruits). He obviously doesnt want to wait 3 years to start at QB then battle it out with Allison then, who will be a top 5 QB in his class and possibly a 5*. No I'm not stupid enough to think we are "fine" losing Lawson, because banking on Kaaya staying healthy is tough to do but now we better hope so.

Advertisement
Has it been confirmed that Ryan Williams won't get his medical RS or is that still up in the air and is there a chance? Anyone know anything about that?

sad, but hey, some guys shy away from competition..

but you know, staff will get ridiculed for this.

I don't how FSU, Bama, LSU and all those other schools do it. Maybe if Golden did not blind you by busting nuts on your face you would see our depth sucks at QB behind Kaaya.

Advertisement
Back