Latest on McIntosh, Norton, and Jackson

McIntosh receives 2nd-3rd round grade while Norton got the Forston treatment. Shocking.

Someone should advise the NFLDAB which kid plays the 1 & 3 tech. They must be confused.

Or so I was told.

Advertisement
2018 defense looking like
DE-Joe Jackson/ Jon Garvin
DT-Kendrick Norton/John Ford
DT-Gerald Willis/Pat Bethel
DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson
OLB-Zach McCloud/Charles Perry
MLB-Shaq Quarterman/Bradley Jennings
OLB-Mike Pinckney/Darrion Owens
CB-Malek Young/Trajan Bandy
FS-Jaquan Johnson/Derrick Smith
SS-Sheldridk Redwine/Amari Carter
CB-Michael Jackson/Javhante Dean

Returning 9 starters

Returning 18 guys from the two-deep.

Advertisement
Willis, Norton, Ford, Bethel, Silvera is a great group on paper

yes, but don't you agree that we need to add another stud interior guy in february? silvera can't be the only one.

Of course you want another one ideally, but I don’t see them adding an instant impact DT from now to signing day other than Silvera.

Wimp womp womp! Kool has to do better than 1 elite DT per class.

Lmao

This is fantastic news. With that defense returning, we should be competing for a Natty if 'Kosi has progressed as reported.

A guy who gets 3rd or 4th round versus waiting a year and going 1st round...I've read that they hardly ever make up the money lost by not getting slotted as a 1st rounder to start their NFL career.

A guy like RJ, who can improve his stock so much with an extra year of strength training, natural maturity, and great coaching should never sell himself short by taking the chance of being a 3rd to 5th round pick.

Somebody should sit him down and show him how much more Jonathon Allen made by going back to school.

Tough choice when you look at your teammate who came back for his senior year only to tear up his knee in the last game.

Advertisement
why is Javonte Dean on here? isn't he a one and done? haha just kidding. If we had a couple DT's (including Silvera) this defense will really start having that old school cane depth.

McIntosh receives 2nd-3rd round grade while Norton got the Forston treatment. Shocking.

Someone should advise the NFLDAB which kid plays the 1 & 3 tech. They must be confused.

Or so I was told.

You’re totally wrong, bro. The NFL just sidn’t realize!

Advertisement
2018 defense looking like
DE-Joe Jackson/ Jon Garvin
DT-Kendrick Norton/John Ford
DT-Gerald Willis/Pat Bethel
DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson
OLB-Zach McCloud/Charles Perry
MLB-Shaq Quarterman/Bradley Jennings
OLB-Mike Pinckney/Darrion Owens
CB-Malek Young/Trajan Bandy
FS-Jaquan Johnson/Derrick Smith
SS-Sheldridk Redwine/Amari Carter
CB-Michael Jackson/Javhante Dean

Returning 9 starters

I've got a feeling that Steed and Wilder are going to have something to say about those two backup OLB spots...

Advertisement
I think Redwine will get replaced....

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. He’s a tough kid and a good player, but he lacks athleticism. That play where Kelly Bryant outran him to the corner encapsulates his limited athletic ability. He maxes out what he has pretty well, but we need a speed/range infusion in the secondary.
Would surprise me tremendously..although what you say is true about his athleticism is true returning senior starters never get replaced, a Redwine had a **** of a year at safety. Crasy thing is people wanted him at corner where his speed would have definitely got exposed

why is Javonte Dean on here? isn't he a one and done? haha just kidding. If we had a couple DT's (including Silvera) this defense will really start having that old school cane depth.

Dean is coming along very nicely. Coaches say he's starting to tackle how they need him to. That was his biggest issue but they see him as a major player next year.

Advertisement
Back