OLB-Zach McCloud/Charles Perry
MLB-Shaq Quarterman/Bradley Jennings
OLB-Mike Pinckney/Darrion Owens
CB-Malek Young/Trajan Bandy
FS-Jaquan Johnson/Derrick Smith
SS-Sheldridk Redwine/Amari Carter
CB-Michael Jackson/Javhante Dean

Returning 9 starters

That's a monster D. But those back up linebackers are a question mark. Need those starters to stay healthy and McCloud to get comfortable in his role. He just doesn't seem to have the athleticism to drop into coverage.

Advertisement
RJ would benifit with one more year by just being around an amazing group that will lift eachother.

what a different core of athletes that is compared to a few years ago. I think RJ needs some muscle for NFl but they have the best s&c.
Now at least we can develop the young kids

2018 defense looking like
DE-Joe Jackson/ Jon Garvin
DT-Kendrick Norton/John Ford
DT-Gerald Willis/Pat Bethel
DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson

Returning 9 starters

WAYNMON STEED BRUH he’s a beast don’t forget him

Advertisement
DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson

Returning 9 starters

Hall jumping somebody in that 2 deep and i like bandy to start over young.

DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson

Returning 9 starters

Hall jumping somebody in that 2 deep and i like bandy to start over young.
Greentree will be interesting again

Having MJ back is HUGE! We have d backs who can cover(malek young, Jaquan Johnson ) but we need some that can tackle well! Jaquan can tackle but he is small and we need some big and fast d backs that can tackle a downfield running back. MJ is big and fast and can tackle so that will help so much. We saw this issue vs FSU GT PITT SU And Clemson. When we fix this and get some head hunters(2018 class) our defense can become elite!

Great news if true but still need to sign 3 DT’s minimum. 2019 would still only be Ford, Bethel, and the guys we sign this cycle and obviously some true freshman who hopefully we don’t have to rely on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A guy like RJ, who can improve his stock so much with an extra year of strength training, natural maturity, and great coaching should never sell himself short by taking the chance of being a 3rd to 5th round pick.

A guy like RJ, who can improve his stock so much with an extra year of strength training, natural maturity, and great coaching should never sell himself short by taking the chance of being a 3rd to 5th round pick.

Somebody should sit him down and show him how much more Jonathon Allen made by going back to school.

Where’s the football scientist going on and on about how norton is a better prospect than mcintosh right now?

I think Redwine will get replaced....

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. He’s a tough kid and a good player, but he lacks athleticism. That play where Kelly Bryant outran him to the corner encapsulates his limited athletic ability. He maxes out what he has pretty well, but we need a speed/range infusion in the secondary.

Advertisement
DE-DJax/D.J. Johnson

Returning 9 starters
I thought Owens was leaving the team? Transferring? Maybe? Great news all around tho-

Last edited:

Somebody should sit him down and show him how much more Jonathon Allen made by going back to school.

He could be dominant next season if he dedicates himself to the weight room and nutrition room. It’d be a horrible mistake to roll the dice on possibly sneaking into 2nd or 3rd round when he’s got so much room for improvement.

Advertisement
RJ needs to come back and add some bulk. He should be living in the weight room. We were running on fumes the last 2weeks of the season. RJ & Kendrick will be an ESPN story from the start of the season. That's some nice free marketing. They need to have a late season performance for the ages also. I remember Sapp destroying the all-everythning guards from BC late in his last season on national TV. That type of performance gets you paid. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Young and McCloud's spots should be a wide open competition.. and heck if any of the young safeties can unseat redwine, im ok with it also....

Willis, Norton, Ford, Bethel, Silvera is a great group on paper

Willis actually making a contribution in the fall would be a miracle. Without him, this group looks solid but not great! We still need a JUCO DT that can contribute right away. A grad transfer for one year could also help with depth.

Advertisement
Back