Latest on Highsmith

So people who lambasted James for not doing a proper search are now criticizing that he wants to do a search for, potentially, his most important hire to date, if what Barry's reporting is accurate? I know some of you want to have it both ways, but you really can't.

Don't go losing your mind over every rumor. This is likely going to happen, but as in any negotiation, there's grandstanding and negotiation ploys that occur first before an agreement is made.

Advertisement
I could see the sticking point being the time given to manny. Zo wants him gone yesterday and others want to give him one more chance insisting on the new oc experiment.

Advertisement
So people who lambasted James for not doing a proper search are now criticizing that he wants to do a search for, potentially, his most important hire to date, if what Barry's reporting is accurate? I know some of you want to have it both ways, but you really can't.

Don't go losing your mind over every rumor. This is likely going to happen, but as in any negotiation, there's grandstanding and negotiation ploys that occur first before an agreement is made.
I think this is a reasonable take in a vacuum but we all know how this story ends

Hopefully Lo will be hired after the OC is hired and Blake is telling him this year Manny is untouchable and will get what he wants to right the ship but after the 2020 season, Lo assumes full control of the football program. What are your thoughts @nycane @dsddcane @Cribby

Why would they hire Highsmith AFTER the OC search instead of having his input? This is a sham. Fire Blake James
Because Blake wants to protect his guy one last time. Hire the OC, gives him time vs possibly Zo coming in and completely cleaning house would be my rationale.

Advertisement
Advertisement

the idea that blake james is doing a “search” for someone to do his own ******* job is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

in what world should the guy who hired manny diaz in 3 hours be given the opportunity to pick someone who is going to come in to run the football program.

Advertisement

So money is not as big of a problem as some people think. Hopefully this COS position is useful and can help Blake James with the decision making because James has no idea what to do, the only thing he can do is get the money. Not only that but whoever the COS is needs to have a vision for the football program and more authority to Manny, becuase the way it seems now Manny thinks the only problem with his staff is on the offensive side of the ball, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Advertisement
Back