Latest on Byrd

Status
Not open for further replies.

I exchanged a couple of text messages this afternoon with top-100 cornerback Tyler Byrd, the Miami commitment from Naples (Fla.) High School, and he said he doesn't know yet when he might announce his final decision. It sounds like there's a chance he won't announce anything today. He said he's basically taking it easy right now.
No big surprise here, but Byrd said he won't be doing any interviews before announcing his final decision. That's pretty typical this time of year, so don't be alarmed by that. But, in case anyone was wondering why we haven't heard anything from Byrd since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend, that's the explanation.

So this facquit Callahan is "reporting" and "explaining" to the hayseeds that they haven't heard an announcement from Byrd because Byrd hasn't made one. Good stuff.

Advertisement

I exchanged a couple of text messages this afternoon with top-100 cornerback Tyler Byrd, the Miami commitment from Naples (Fla.) High School, and he said he doesn't know yet when he might announce his final decision. It sounds like there's a chance he won't announce anything today. He said he's basically taking it easy right now.
No big surprise here, but Byrd said he won't be doing any interviews before announcing his final decision. That's pretty typical this time of year, so don't be alarmed by that. But, in case anyone was wondering why we haven't heard anything from Byrd since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend, that's the explanation.

So this facquit Callahan is "reporting" and "explaining" to the hayseeds that they haven't heard an announcement from Byrd because Byrd hasn't made one. Good stuff.

It sounds like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

Exactly! So Tyler is chillin' with his girl, who likes the idea of visiting Miami.

Advertisement
Thread title:******Tyler Byrd UPDATE 2/1******

Thread Post:"I'm happy to report that Tyler Byrd hasn't reported anything. The reason we don't have any information is because he is not giving information. Will report on more information that doesn't mean anything shortly. Stay tuned for updates."

Thread title:******Tyler Byrd UPDATE 2/1******

Thread Post:"I'm happy to report that Tyler Byrd hasn't reported anything. The reason we don't have any information is because he is not giving information. Will report on more information that doesn't mean anything shortly. Stay tuned for updates."

the UT faiithful will take this as a good sign he is flipping. homerism at its finest. i think he is sticking to the U but doesnt want to be bombarded by their fans and reporters so he is playing it close to the vest. otherwise why stay committed to miami at this point.

Advertisement
Callahan sounds like he's backing off of the Byrd to UT murmurs a little bit. Just says that Byrd is definitely giving them strong consideration.

I'm amused that on the Tennessee board they're already debating whether Byrd can be a 2 way star player for them. I hope I'm still amused come Wednesday.

I will point out that yesterday they were claiming on that same board that Byrd would announce on Monday that he was a Vol - one guy even referred to his "inside sources."

Well looky here Bo & Luke Knoxville Duke... It's almost 5 PM on Monday and I don't see an announcement from him turning hillbilly, so until I do, Byrd's a Cane and **** Tennessee.

This is a mild embellishment of how local chatter has gone over the last seven days.

Monday: WE GETTIN BROWN AND KONGBO AND WARRIOR AND LATTRELL WILLIAMS!!! WILLIAMS IS ELITE FLORIDA SPEED!!! LIKE NO ONE ON OUR ROSTER!!!!

Tuesday: Hey y'all. When will Williams commit? Is anyone else visiting this weekend? I'll hang up and listen.

Wednesday: We don't have room for Williams. But Larry Scott's firstborn son, kid named Bird, is coming for an OV. Florida speed!!!! But also a dime a dozen talent.

Thursday: Bird is actually really good, so expect him to decommit prior to visit. Trust the Jones! Emoji of an orange!

Friday: Expect uncommitted prospect Larri Bird to flip over the weekend. Here's his highlights! Larry Scott took him out of an orphanage in the Philippines, expect that to be a factor. Also plans to wed the future wife of his brother, rumored to be Tennessee commit Fils-Anime!

Saturday: Nigel Warrior! Tiler Byrd! KONGBOOOO! BROWN! LETS TWEET THEM ALL AT ONCE. GBO GBO GBO

Sunday: Byrd will flip in next 24 hours. Or possibly wait until Monday. Solid intel. Word is he planned this to fulfill his oath to his Sensei Master Larry Scott-san, and may take his own life as a blood sacrifice after BALLIN for 3 years on Rocky Top because it also looks like a pagan temple.

Monday: No commits? No big deal, because guys here's what I'm thinking: WHAT IF Jones has orchestrated all of this for a HUGE NSD finish???????????????? How ROCKY TOP would that be!!!!

Callahan sounds like he's backing off of the Byrd to UT murmurs a little bit. Just says that Byrd is definitely giving them strong consideration.

Brett Hubbs just did the same on his update. Made it sound like a big maybe.

It sounds like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

I have heard similar rumblings

Advertisement
I'm hearing that he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. There is talk that he's still legitimately undecided. He has not informed either staff.

Ummmm.... I think Pete posted that to start this thread. Are you hearing this from independent sources???

463.jpg

Advertisement
I'm amused that on the Tennessee board they're already debating whether Byrd can be a 2 way star player for them. I hope I'm still amused come Wednesday.

I will point out that yesterday they were claiming on that same board that Byrd would announce on Monday that he was a Vol - one guy even referred to his "inside sources."

Well looky here Bo & Luke Knoxville Duke... It's almost 5 PM on Monday and I don't see an announcement from him turning hillbilly, so until I do, Byrd's a Cane and **** Tennessee.

This is a mild embellishment of how local chatter has gone over the last seven days.

Monday: WE GETTIN BROWN AND KONGBO AND WARRIOR AND LATTRELL WILLIAMS!!! WILLIAMS IS ELITE FLORIDA SPEED!!! LIKE NO ONE ON OUR ROSTER!!!!

Tuesday: Hey y'all. When will Williams commit? Is anyone else visiting this weekend? I'll hang up and listen.

Wednesday: We don't have room for Williams. But Larry Scott's firstborn son, kid named Bird, is coming for an OV. Florida speed!!!! But also a dime a dozen talent.

Thursday: Bird is actually really good, so expect him to decommit prior to visit. Trust the Jones! Emoji of an orange!

Friday: Expect uncommitted prospect Larri Bird to flip over the weekend. Here's his highlights! Larry Scott took him out of an orphanage in the Philippines, expect that to be a factor. Also plans to wed the future wife of his brother, rumored to be Tennessee commit Fils-Anime!

Saturday: Nigel Warrior! Tiler Byrd! KONGBOOOO! BROWN! LETS TWEET THEM ALL AT ONCE. GBO GBO GBO

Sunday: Byrd will flip in next 24 hours. Or possibly wait until Monday. Solid intel. Word is he planned this to fulfill his oath to his Sensei Master Larry Scott-san, and may take his own life as a blood sacrifice after BALLIN for 3 years on Rocky Top because it also looks like a pagan temple.

Monday: No commits? No big deal, because guys here's what I'm thinking: WHAT IF Jones has orchestrated all of this for a HUGE NSD finish???????????????? How ROCKY TOP would that be!!!!

Holy Shiite.... that was a lot of work Inday!

I'm hearing that he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. There is talk that he's still legitimately undecided. He has not informed either staff.

Ummmm.... I think Pete posted that to start this thread. Are you hearing this from independent sources???

View attachment 35424

Yea... I finally figured it out. I'm having a Knoxville moment.

A+. 10/10. Would read again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back