Latest on Byrd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amused that on the Tennessee board they're already debating whether Byrd can be a 2 way star player for them. I hope I'm still amused come Wednesday.

I will point out that yesterday they were claiming on that same board that Byrd would announce on Monday that he was a Vol - one guy even referred to his "inside sources."

Well looky here Bo & Luke Knoxville Duke... It's almost 5 PM on Monday and I don't see an announcement from him turning hillbilly, so until I do, Byrd's a Cane and **** Tennessee.

This is a mild embellishment of how local chatter has gone over the last seven days.

Monday: WE GETTIN BROWN AND KONGBO AND WARRIOR AND LATTRELL WILLIAMS!!! WILLIAMS IS ELITE FLORIDA SPEED!!! LIKE NO ONE ON OUR ROSTER!!!!

Tuesday: Hey y'all. When will Williams commit? Is anyone else visiting this weekend? I'll hang up and listen.

Wednesday: We don't have room for Williams. But Larry Scott's firstborn son, kid named Bird, is coming for an OV. Florida speed!!!! But also a dime a dozen talent.

Thursday: Bird is actually really good, so expect him to decommit prior to visit. Trust the Jones! Emoji of an orange!

Friday: Expect uncommitted prospect Larri Bird to flip over the weekend. Here's his highlights! Larry Scott took him out of an orphanage in the Philippines, expect that to be a factor. Also plans to wed the future wife of his brother, rumored to be Tennessee commit Fils-Anime!

Saturday: Nigel Warrior! Tiler Byrd! KONGBOOOO! BROWN! LETS TWEET THEM ALL AT ONCE. GBO GBO GBO

Sunday: Byrd will flip in next 24 hours. Or possibly wait until Monday. Solid intel. Word is he planned this to fulfill his oath to his Sensei Master Larry Scott-san, and may take his own life as a blood sacrifice after BALLIN for 3 years on Rocky Top because it also looks like a pagan temple.

Monday: No commits? No big deal, because guys here's what I'm thinking: WHAT IF Jones has orchestrated all of this for a HUGE NSD finish???????????????? How ROCKY TOP would that be!!!![/

Wednesday the crying starts, the longer it takes the less chance they have. Im sure his girl and locals are in his ear to stay at Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
fck tenn ,them inbreeds. Today pal can we go cow tipping and let mom give me another BJ. How do you circumcise a redneck ? Kick his sister in the mouth

I exchanged a couple of text messages this afternoon with top-100 cornerback Tyler Byrd, the Miami commitment from Naples (Fla.) High School, and he said he doesn't know yet when he might announce his final decision. It sounds like there's a chance he won't announce anything today. He said he's basically taking it easy right now.
No big surprise here, but Byrd said he won't be doing any interviews before announcing his final decision. That's pretty typical this time of year, so don't be alarmed by that. But, in case anyone was wondering why we haven't heard anything from Byrd since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend, that's the explanation.

So this facquit Callahan is "reporting" and "explaining" to the hayseeds that they haven't heard an announcement from Byrd because Byrd hasn't made one. Good stuff.

It sounds like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

It sounds to me like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

Tennessee fans put Byrd on commitment watch Friday. Then said Saturday. Then Sunday. Then Monday... So I think we can all be assured they don't know jack ****.

(Still don't have a good feeling haha. But like I said in another thread the longer he says nothing I take as a good sign for us)

Advertisement
I swear.. I just read the TN boards and one poster said that he thinks that ESPN told Tyler Byrd to wait until signing day to announce to Tennessee because committing to TN is such a big deal and would be good for both with the publicity.

Just signed the dotted line of most delusional fan base contract. Signed and sealed.

******* idiots

"it wouldn't suprise me if Butch or ESPN has asked Byrd to wait till NSD. There would be lots of buzz about the #1 athlete on ESPN signing with TN."

You cant make this **** up. Straight from Volnation. My first visit there and I came away with exactly what I expected.

Advertisement
"it wouldn't suprise me if Butch or ESPN has asked Byrd to wait till NSD. There would be lots of buzz about the #1 athlete on ESPN signing with TN."

You cant make this **** up. Straight from Volnation. My first visit there and I came away with exactly what I expected.

Lunatics. The have been dormant for awhile but if lived through the Kenny Phillips recrutment this is all too familiar.

It would make sense for him to wait unless he is crumbling under the stress of indecision.

Why are you so shocked !! Every fan base, including ours ,has fanatical followers who put this game way to high on the important things in life list.

I think he would have decommitted at this point. Don't think Byrd or his family would play those kind of games especially with Richt.....Golden maybe not Richt.

Advertisement

It would make sense for him to wait unless he is crumbling under the stress of indecision.

The longer that twitter says Miami commit and has a picture of him throwing up the U, the better. The longer he thinks about this the more he's going to be like "I've already decommitted from one school and been committed here for a full year, I don't want to do it again. I'm just going to stick"

I think he would have decommitted at this point. Don't think Byrd or his family would play those kind of games especially with Richt.....Golden maybe not Richt.

Yep. Richt has gauged this. If it was leaning towards TN at all Richt would be all over pushing for another CB commit this late. We have 4 on our entire roster and none committed outside of Byrd. (Young is a nickel, we need a true corner like Byrd) The fact of the matter is, we are not pushing too hard for anyone except Carter and he's the type of talent that you push for regardless of the roster.

If Byrd was questionable, we'd be all over pushing for CJ McWilliams or someone like that.

Yep. Richt has gauged this. If it was leaning towards TN at all Richt would be all over pushing for another CB commit this late. We have 4 on our entire roster and none committed outside of Byrd. (Young is a nickel, we need a true corner like Byrd) The fact of the matter is, we are not pushing too hard for anyone except Carter and he's the type of talent that you push for regardless of the roster.

If Byrd was questionable, we'd be all over pushing for CJ McWilliams or someone like that.

To be fair, its the quiet period. So maybe we are pushing hard for another recruit like McWilliams and us fans have no idea.

Advertisement

I exchanged a couple of text messages this afternoon with top-100 cornerback Tyler Byrd, the Miami commitment from Naples (Fla.) High School, and he said he doesn't know yet when he might announce his final decision. It sounds like there's a chance he won't announce anything today. He said he's basically taking it easy right now.
No big surprise here, but Byrd said he won't be doing any interviews before announcing his final decision. That's pretty typical this time of year, so don't be alarmed by that. But, in case anyone was wondering why we haven't heard anything from Byrd since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend, that's the explanation.

So this facquit Callahan is "reporting" and "explaining" to the hayseeds that they haven't heard an announcement from Byrd because Byrd hasn't made one. Good stuff.

It sounds like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

It sounds to me like he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. And, it also sounds like he's still legitimately undecided. I bet he hasn't informed either staff yet.

Multiple accounts? Similar posts...

I swear.. I just read the TN boards and one poster said that he thinks that ESPN told Tyler Byrd to wait until signing day to announce to Tennessee because committing to TN is such a big deal and would be good for both with the publicity.

Just signed the dotted line of most delusional fan base contract. Signed and sealed.

****ing idiots

That presumes that Byrd will not decommit from the U which if so would reveal Byrd as a person of low moral character which I highly doubt. Vol fans are truly delusional.

To be fair, its the quiet period. So maybe we are pushing hard for another recruit like McWilliams and us fans have no idea.

Could be but we didn't push hard for anyone to even visit this weekend. Richt never attempted to get Carriere-Williams or any other solid Sfla CB since he arrived. If it was as much of a done deal as UT fans made it seem, Byrd would have decommitted or flipped or something already. But, he hasn't.

Like the above poster said, a week ago he was a vol after his in home, already silently committed. Would be announced before the visit. Would announce Friday night. Saturday night. When he got home. Monday. Monday night. Tuesday. Tuesday night. Signing day flip to UT on espn, because it's TN and their ratings would go up.

They don't have a clue.

Could be but we didn't push hard for anyone to even visit this weekend. Richt never attempted to get Carriere-Williams or any other solid Sfla CB since he arrived. If it was as much of a done deal as UT fans made it seem, Byrd would have decommitted or flipped or something already. But, he hasn't.

Like the above poster said, a week ago he was a vol after his in home, already silently committed. Would be announced before the visit. Would announce Friday night. Saturday night. When he got home. Monday. Monday night. Tuesday. Tuesday night. Signing day flip to UT on espn, because it's TN and their ratings would go up.

They don't have a clue.

I agree with you but neither do we. I think he ends up a cane, it just makes too much sense. But still I'm not 100% sure. If he was 100% a cane he could have come out and reaffirmed that commitment already. Seems like he is still deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back