Latest on Byrd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm amused that on the Tennessee board they're already debating whether Byrd can be a 2 way star player for them. I hope I'm still amused come Wednesday.

I will point out that yesterday they were claiming on that same board that Byrd would announce on Monday that he was a Vol - one guy even referred to his "inside sources."

Well looky here Bo & Luke Knoxville Duke... It's almost 5 PM on Monday and I don't see an announcement from him turning hillbilly, so until I do, Byrd's a Cane and **** Tennessee.

I'm hearing that he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. There is talk that he's still legitimately undecided. He has not informed either staff.

Advertisement
I'm hearing that he is still communicating with Miami, which the staff takes as a very good sign this close to signing day. There is talk that he's still legitimately undecided. He has not informed either staff.

Ummmm.... I think Pete posted that to start this thread. Are you hearing this from independent sources???

I exchanged a couple of text messages this afternoon with top-100 cornerback Tyler Byrd, the Miami commitment from Naples (Fla.) High School, and he said he doesn't know yet when he might announce his final decision. It sounds like there's a chance he won't announce anything today. He said he's basically taking it easy right now.
No big surprise here, but Byrd said he won't be doing any interviews before announcing his final decision. That's pretty typical this time of year, so don't be alarmed by that. But, in case anyone was wondering why we haven't heard anything from Byrd since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend, that's the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back