Lateral Power 5 coaching move

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the heart of this discussion is P5 coaches that made what most consider a move to a an equal or close to equal team or maybe even a slight step down (ex: Jimbo from FSU to Texas A&M and not Franklin from Vandy to PSU).

Advertisement
Can anyone give me examples of a Power 5 head coach that left for another power 5 HC position? Only ones I can think of are Willie Tagart from Oregon, Kiffin from Tennessee, Jimmy from Oklahoma State. Two were after 1 year and neither ended well and Jimmy left for a national champion. Could be more. Makes one think Fickell is more realistic and comparable to Frost leaving UCF.
Mullen from Miss State to FL, the Pirate from Wash State to Miss State, Saban Mich state to LSU, Urban FL to OSU, That‘s just off the top of my head.

Not sure you’re replying to me with that when the guy I was replying to incorrectly said LSU to Bama.
Not sure you’re replying to me with that when the guy I was replying to incorrectly said LSU to Bama.
Yeah wrong reply. I should have replied to your OP because lateral moves for head coaches is common. Happens every year.

Advertisement
Back