Last year FSU game on ESPNU now

Advertisement
I'm still ****ed off over the fact that that maniac, Jim Harbaugh, blew that comeback against the Nole in the bowl game.

I stayed up to 4am watching it, was dead tired at 1am, then stumbled upon it...****. Anyway we had them totally beat and ready to put the final nail in when Kaaya throws a horrible late 3rd quarter INT that changed the entire game's momentum. If we had scored in the red zone, we would have been up 20-3. It was the kind of mistake you'd expect Francois to make instead. We've been playing too tight against FSU the last 10 years. We have to loosen up with confidence and play not just to "hang" with them but to dominate. Every year they come out ready to be put in their proper place, but we need leaders to finish them off.

I stayed up to 4am watching it, was dead tired at 1am, then stumbled upon it...****. Anyway we had them totally beat and ready to put the final nail in when Kaaya throws a horrible late 3rd quarter INT that changed the entire game's momentum. If we had scored in the red zone, we would have been up 20-3. It was the kind of mistake you'd expect Francois to make instead. We've been playing too tight against FSU the last 10 years. We have to loosen up with confidence and play not just to "hang" with them but to dominate. Every year they come out ready to be put in their proper place, but we need leaders to finish them off.
Kaayas 4th down throw was clutch though. I rewatched the game too Jacob Pugh slammed kaaya down pretty hard on that shoulder the first play of the game and those Matthew Thomas hits definitely had an effect on him. He wasn't the same after Thomas head butted him. Most likely Played with a concussion and shoulder injury

Last edited:
Coaching has killed us against FSU the past 7 games. Not Brad Kaaya or anyone else.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired. If he never wins it all here, it will be largely because he is way too conservative on offense.

Advertisement
Coaching has killed us against FSU the past 7 games. Not Brad Kaaya or anyone else.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired.

can't open it up if your qb isn't worth a ***

mix that with an offensive line that wasn't worth two ***s and you get a vanilla offense and game plan that relies on the defense to win you the game

I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for people, richt did not trust kayaa one bit. We saw why on that 3rd quarter interception, he basically threw it RIGHT to the fsu player.

I'm not sure which is worse, him tossing it right to him, or sticking one right into jalen ramseys chest in 2014 in another winnable game.

but yeah, let's air it the *** out with bard kayak..

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired. If he never wins it all here, it will be largely because he is way too conservative on offense.
His playcalling was fine in the first half. Idk what happened in the second half. The defense made quite a few mistakes in the second half too

His playcalling was fine in the first half. Idk what happened in the second half. The defense made quite a few mistakes in the second half too

There are two halves to a complete game so my point stands.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired.

mix that with an offensive line that wasn't worth two ***s and you get a vanilla offense and game plan that relies on the defense to win you the game

I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for people, richt did not trust kayaa one bit. We saw why on that 3rd quarter interception, he basically threw it RIGHT to the fsu player.

I'm not sure which is worse, him tossing it right to him, or sticking one right into jalen ramseys chest in 2014 in another winnable game.

Yet he put up great numbers every time he played FSU, minus the few mistakes.

Sounds like playcalling to me.

Advertisement

I said the same thing in another thread. To make matters worst. FSU gets the ball back in the second half, and we held them to a 3 and out. Then we drive down the field, and he threw that pass. I swear, I could have sworn he was trying to throw the game lol. Kaays is a good dude, and I think he will be a good QB in the league, but he never had that dog in him.

Folks want to look at Richt play calling, but Kaaya was 19 for 32, 214, 2 TD and Int. He didn't have his best game! Maybe he was hurt, maybe he had a concussion, but I do know FSU QB took way more punishment by our defense than Kaaya did! Our Defense was trying to kill that dude!

Here are the real numbers that matter:

Wins
3rd down conversions
4th quarter completions
Red Zone touchdowns
Turnovers

He is our Chris Rix.

he also put up great numbers at miami, literally the most hollow numbers I've ever seen

look, if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped to almost the 7th round

he also put up great numbers at miami, literally the most hollow numbers I've ever seen

look, if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped to almost the 7th round
This is the only season he had good coaches and a defense though.

Advertisement
What is the vendetta some of you have against Brad Kaaya?

He didn't win anything here. OK, fine. Either way he's gone. Move on.

Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round. Guess he wasn't good enough for you either.

Advertisement

Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round. Guess he wasn't good enough for you either.

I guess I missed it when Dorsey declared early, even after being advised not to.

Kayak huh? Man, that's the best insult sense third grade. You changed a whole letter to form a mini boat. OUCH!

The tables have turned on us recently. We use to be the team winning at the end while FSU just came up short. Last year's lost comes down to KAAYA not making some critical throws. A 3rd year junior and starter SHOULD MAKE those plays. The conservative play calling on Richt killed us. You would think a head coach with that experience and also as an offensive coordinator would know NEVER pull the foot off the pedal I hope he learned his lesson last year because Richt cost us a few games last year. Not happy that he is retaining his job as offensive coordinator. GO CANES!

What happened is he tried to sit on a lead way too early in the game.

Advertisement
Back