Last year FSU game on ESPNU now

I stayed up to 4am watching it, was dead tired at 1am, then stumbled upon it...****. Anyway we had them totally beat and ready to put the final nail in when Kaaya throws a horrible late 3rd quarter INT that changed the entire game's momentum. If we had scored in the red zone, we would have been up 20-3. It was the kind of mistake you'd expect Francois to make instead. We've been playing too tight against FSU the last 10 years. We have to loosen up with confidence and play not just to "hang" with them but to dominate. Every year they come out ready to be put in their proper place, but we need leaders to finish them off.

Tell me about it...I was at the game and could see that was where he should not have thrown the ball.

I promise Stacy Coley was open literally all game.

I agree. Stacy was butt nekkid the whole game vs FSU the last 2 years!!!

Advertisement
Here are the real numbers that matter:

Wins
3rd down conversions
4th quarter completions
Red Zone touchdowns
Turnovers

He is our Chris Rix.

Checkmate

Kaaya was alright.

Even Jacory won against FSU though. On the road.....

A 7-6 FSU team that literally had no defensive playbook

Fantastic comparison.

FSU was undefeated when Jacory won that game.

What's your point?

No one knew what type of season FSU was going to have.

He did what he was supposed to. Win

Put Kaaya on that same team. On that same last drive.

He would have done what he always did against good teams. Come up short

I stayed up to 4am watching it, was dead tired at 1am, then stumbled upon it...****. Anyway we had them totally beat and ready to put the final nail in when Kaaya throws a horrible late 3rd quarter INT that changed the entire game's momentum. If we had scored in the red zone, we would have been up 20-3. It was the kind of mistake you'd expect Francois to make instead. We've been playing too tight against FSU the last 10 years. We have to loosen up with confidence and play not just to "hang" with them but to dominate. Every year they come out ready to be put in their proper place, but we need leaders to finish them off.

Tell me about it...I was at the game and could see that was where he should not have thrown the ball.

I promise Stacy Coley was open literally all game.

I agree. Stacy was butt nekkid the whole game vs FSU the last 2 years!!!

Bro I almost lost my mind in the stands watching this game with the play calling and the wide open WR's.

Wins
3rd down conversions
4th quarter completions
Red Zone touchdowns
Turnovers

He is our Chris Rix.

Checkmate

Kaaya was alright.

Fantastic comparison.

What's your point?

lol that's like when Texas was getting hyped because they beat notre dame in week 1 and they went on to win 5 games. A W is a W but they aren't all equal.

Advertisement

Wins
3rd down conversions
4th quarter completions
Red Zone touchdowns
Turnovers

He is our Chris Rix.

Checkmate

Kaaya was alright.

Fantastic comparison.

What's your point?

lol that's like when Texas was getting hyped because they beat notre dame in week 1 and they went on to win 5 games. A W is a W but they aren't all equal.

True. FSU was garbage last season. We lost. Kaaya was our QB. His INT was the turning point.

Not sure what you guys are trying to say. If we can bash Berrios then we can bash Kaaya. You guys related to him or something??

The funny thing is that Kaaya didn't really care. It just shows something about his overall character choosing to end a college career early with so much more to prove.

Advertisement
Checkmate

Kaaya was alright.

Fantastic comparison.

What's your point?

True. FSU was garbage last season. We lost. Kaaya was our QB. His INT was the turning point.

Not sure what you guys are trying to say. If we can bash Berrios then we can bash Kaaya. You guys related to him or something??

There's a dramatic difference between beating a 10 win team last year and 7 win 2009 acc team

Fantastic comparison.

What's your point?

There's a dramatic difference between beating a 10 win team last year and 7 win 2009 acc team

Brad Kaaya wouldve lost to that 7-6 FSU team

Coaching has killed us against FSU the past 7 games. Not Brad Kaaya or anyone else.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired.

can't open it up if your qb isn't worth a ***

mix that with an offensive line that wasn't worth two ***s and you get a vanilla offense and game plan that relies on the defense to win you the game

I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for people, richt did not trust kayaa one bit. We saw why on that 3rd quarter interception, he basically threw it RIGHT to the fsu player.

I'm not sure which is worse, him tossing it right to him, or sticking one right into jalen ramseys chest in 2014 in another winnable game.

but yeah, let's air it the *** out with bard kayak..

Yet he put up great numbers every time he played FSU, minus the few mistakes.

Sounds like playcalling to me.

he also put up great numbers at miami, literally the most hollow numbers I've ever seen

look, if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped to almost the 7th round
This is the only season he had good coaches and a defense though.

and arguably his worst season considering it's his 3rd freaking season

What's your point?

You think jacory wins the game last year?

Advertisement
Yet he put up great numbers every time he played FSU, minus the few mistakes.

Sounds like playcalling to me.

he also put up great numbers at miami, literally the most hollow numbers I've ever seen

look, if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped to almost the 7th round

Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round. Guess he wasn't good enough for you either.

I guess I missed it when Dorsey declared early, even after being advised not to.

That's got nothing to do with it. The post I quoted said "if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped into almost the 7th round"

All I said was that Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round.

dorsey also had an unbelievable offensive line, RBs, TE's, defense in general...

as much **** as I give kayaa, put him in that offense with the ability to literally just STAND there behind that o line and he would be tossing darts

Checkmate

Kaaya was alright.

Fantastic comparison.

What's your point?

Garbage relative to their last few years perhaps. Still not even close to an FSU team without a defensive playbook. I repeat, FSU in 2009 literally had no defensive playbook. Hang your hat on that win if you'd like I guess...

Also, I dunno what all of the Berrios talk is all about. Maybe you are thinking of someone else.

Last edited:

What's your point?

Based on the fact that he lost to conference championship/national championship-contending FSU teams (which included arguably the best FSU team in the history of their program)?

Really weird conclusion.

Advertisement
Richt should be ashamed of himself for the playcalling in the 2nd half of that game. Simply atrocious. The next 3 games after that one the playcalling was also REALLY bad.

He's doing a great job in recruiting and he's a great face for the program so I'm willing to cut him slack as long as he either improves on the playcalling or goes out and hires a dedicated, quality OC.

But it can't be stated enough....the playcalling during the month of October last year was some of the worst I've ever seen in 35+ years of watching football. Last years team should have easily finished with at least 2 more wins and a Coastal title. Wasted opportunity when you consider how favorable the schedule was.

35 years, lol! Man, that Pat Nix years were pretty freakin bad lol. I mean, dude literally ran a QB draw 5 times in a row lol. Just saying!

LOL...not proud of my age. All I can say is the years fly by, especially after you have kids.

I think when you factor in the amount of talent last years offense had, coupled with how easy the schedule was.....Richt was relatively worse than Nix during that 4 game stretch.

Zero excuse for that team to not have won double digit games in the regular season and finished in 1st place in the Coastal.

Running into loaded boxes, ignoring the middle of the field....I can go on all day in terms of what happened during those 4 games but for the lack of a better word, Richt brainfarted.

YES.... EASILY

YES.... EASILY

The guy that had double the amount of interceptions and only one more touchdown in his 4 years to Kaayas 3 years would have beat fsu last year? You can hate on kaaya all you want but you cant honestly believe that. I never thought I would see a hurricane fan with rose tinted glasses for Jacory. When are you gonna begin favoring D'no over Diaz?

YES.... EASILY

Lol You can't make this up!
Jacory lost to FSU three times as well WHEN THeY WEREN'T EVEN GOOD!
Then you blame Kaaya for his interception while backing a guy that threw twice as many interceptions.
Troll harder or get smarter.

Advertisement
Back