Last year FSU game on ESPNU now

can't open it up if your qb isn't worth a ***

mix that with an offensive line that wasn't worth two ***s and you get a vanilla offense and game plan that relies on the defense to win you the game

I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for people, richt did not trust kayaa one bit. We saw why on that 3rd quarter interception, he basically threw it RIGHT to the fsu player.

I'm not sure which is worse, him tossing it right to him, or sticking one right into jalen ramseys chest in 2014 in another winnable game.

but yeah, let's air it the *** out with bard kayak..

Yet he put up great numbers every time he played FSU, minus the few mistakes.

Sounds like playcalling to me.

he also put up great numbers at miami, literally the most hollow numbers I've ever seen

look, if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped to almost the 7th round

Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round. Guess he wasn't good enough for you either.

I guess I missed it when Dorsey declared early, even after being advised not to.

That's got nothing to do with it. The post I quoted said "if kayak was as good as advertised he wouldn't have dropped into almost the 7th round"

All I said was that Ken Dorsey got drafted in the 7th round.

Advertisement
Whether you liked kaaya or not, let's face reality he is gone...no reason to bash him for not beating fsu. Wish him the best in his career. It is what it is

You know you're a polarizing figure when you've made Brock Berlin popular around these parts. LOL. Geez, poor Brad.

In all honesty I wasn't trying to bash Kaaya by bringing up that INT, just pointing out what stood out to me after further review. During the live games I'm ridiculously optimistic that we can come back from any circumstance. I never lose faith or blame anyone while watching games live, but in hindsight that was an horrific moment.

In all honesty, watching our old games on that YouTube channel "CMB__" something, Dorsey wasn't as prolific and amazing as I once believed. He was the weak link and opponent's only hope/strategy to beat Us.

Advertisement
11 min left in the 3rd after a 3 and out by fsu, Kaaya throws the pick in the endzone. We were on the 20 up 13-3....

Next drive fsu hits cook wide open for 6...

Next drive we go 3 and out on a pass run pass....

Next drive, fsu hits Whitfield...

That pick is when everything went to ****...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

11 min left in the 3rd after a 3 and out by fsu, Kaaya throws the pick in the endzone. We were on the 20 up 13-3....

IRREFUTALBE

Coaching has killed us against FSU the past 7 games. Not Brad Kaaya or anyone else.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired. If he never wins it all here, it will be largely because he is way too conservative on offense.

Play calling killed us all of October 2016.

For better or for worse, Richt is on the conservative side of the spectrum. His first go round against F$U was called like Nick Saban against Cam Newton in 2010, or most every Larry Coker led UM game where we had a lead....grab a lead and squat. I know Richt wanted to pound the ball down their throat, and Notre Shame, VT, etc....but when your OL is simply horrific, don't pretend like it might change mid season. Sure, you have to run to keep them honest, but get crafty with it, even if it also results in little to no gain, or even a loss ....not the same old ****.

This year is really going to let us see if Richt has adapted (in today's college football that is) to this additional role he so desperately wanted...last year, especially October, could be a huge stepping stone for him. A mobile QB is not going to automatically save him from poor choices in play calling.

Advertisement

I agree it was a bad pass, and I'm not defending Kaaya, but interceptions are part of the game. We can't blame the entire team falling apart on one interception.

image.jpg

Coaching has killed us against FSU the past 7 games. Not Brad Kaaya or anyone else.

Richt called the FSU game like a coward. Love him but his playcalling that game left a lot to be desired. If he never wins it all here, it will be largely because he is way too conservative on offense.

Kaaya clearly kept FSU in the game with is poor play until they took the lead and of course at that point we knew he wasnt going to get it back, some sort of fluke **** was going to happen like it always does with Kaaya at qb.

Advertisement
Richt should be ashamed of himself for the playcalling in the 2nd half of that game. Simply atrocious. The next 3 games after that one the playcalling was also REALLY bad.

He's doing a great job in recruiting and he's a great face for the program so I'm willing to cut him slack as long as he either improves on the playcalling or goes out and hires a dedicated, quality OC.

But it can't be stated enough....the playcalling during the month of October last year was some of the worst I've ever seen in 35+ years of watching football. Last years team should have easily finished with at least 2 more wins and a Coastal title. Wasted opportunity when you consider how favorable the schedule was.

Last edited:

Exactly. This was the turning point in the game.

Right before the pick, I believe Coley was offsides. The FSU defense was tired and this was our shot to capitalize.

Richt should be ashamed of himself for the playcalling in the 2nd half of that game. Simply atrocious. The next 3 games after that one the playcalling was also REALLY bad.

He's doing a great job in recruiting and he's a great face for the program so I'm willing to cut him slack as long as he either improves on the playcalling or goes out and hires a dedicated, quality OC.

But it can't be stated enough....the playcalling during the month of October last year was some of the worst I've ever seen in 35+ years of watching football. Last years team should have easily finished with at least 2 more wins and a Coastal title. Wasted opportunity when you consider how favorable the schedule was.

35 years, lol! Man, that Pat Nix years were pretty freakin bad lol. I mean, dude literally ran a QB draw 5 times in a row lol. Just saying!

Advertisement
I stayed up to 4am watching it, was dead tired at 1am, then stumbled upon it...****. Anyway we had them totally beat and ready to put the final nail in when Kaaya throws a horrible late 3rd quarter INT that changed the entire game's momentum. If we had scored in the red zone, we would have been up 20-3. It was the kind of mistake you'd expect Francois to make instead. We've been playing too tight against FSU the last 10 years. We have to loosen up with confidence and play not just to "hang" with them but to dominate. Every year they come out ready to be put in their proper place, but we need leaders to finish them off.

Tell me about it...I was at the game and could see that was where he should not have thrown the ball.

I promise Stacy Coley was open literally all game.

Advertisement
Back