Last night we looked exactly like..

Advertisement
For the Gators, yes, us no. They didn't have 12 false starts, etc.
But the 16yrs losers love their excuses, its in their DNA
I wasn't aware they also had an entirely new offensive staff and scheme.

The simple fact is that there are a lot more reasons for optimism than pessimism, but you do you.

Aha, I knew there was a good excuse. Thanks for sharing.
0B3XD2.gif

Advertisement
..the last 16 years. Exact same result. Einsteins definition of insanity.
Of course, it's only the first game, with brand new blah, blah, blah. Of course there's lots of room to improve and who knows by end of year. There is certainly glimmers of hope with Jarren and the team, maybe the total dysfunction last night was an abberation, growing pains, yadda, yadda as always.
However **LAST NIGHT** looked exactly like and resulted in, the same old 16 years.

Well, while most of Cane nation harp on 40 times, this wide out and that wide out, the choice of RB and QB....there are an annoying small group of us that talk about boring OL until we are sick. Last night is why. We MUST recruit better there and pray Barry has some answers

Skill players mean **** if we can't give our RBs and QB a remote chance.

Still, with all of that atrocity up front, one muffed punt for 7 points was more than the difference. We were a better squad in almost every way, except where we have been pitiful for years now, OL.

UM

Agree on the third quarter. Only thing I can think is Enos was trying to protect Williams by running more. But that quarter was a bad regression.
It was't a regression. Enos knows what he is doing. The Oline was struggling. We have good running backs, its ok to hand if off to them and demand the boys up front start moving some people.

The issue is hiring the wrong HC. It’s why UM has been average since 2004. Coker was a terrible decision. Shannon was the worst one of all. Pressure to hire a minority back then and it back fired big time! To further compound, he should’ve been fired after year 3. Period. Then comes Golden. Wow, what a terrible fit. Good ideas but for a Big 10 and not SFL. Again, welcomed his stay two years too many. Richt was a safe bet. All things being equal if he still had the passion, it would’ve been a solid play. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he realized and called it a day after three seasons. He did invigorate some life and led the charge to construct the IPF.

Now we have another chapter in Manny Diaz. Let’s see what happens. Until UM hires the right HC, hopefully it’s Diaz, it will be the same...average play.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Guys I can see both sides of this.......first game, new Coach, OL issues, penalties, sacks, indecisions, play calling etc.
But............. I was out earlier today and tuned in to Sirius XM radio, and **** if Luge and Chris weren't clowing us.

Their take: "This game was a joke. The worst clown show they have ever seen masquerading as College football ever. No team could be worse than the U, for being given the game and handing it back to the Gators. Miami was so bad that they did not appear that they were ready, and Coached for the game. OL had issues, but it was a total collapse, and they thought many fans switched channels after laughing at our Canes. In other words "The Canes ain't back, they got work to do to try and fix from one of the worst showings that they have seen."

Now as a Cane fan I felt the pain of being clowned, but when stated in commentary like this .....wow. Manny Gonzalez came on and tried to spin, but he was dancing in place trying to explain some of the game.
We have to recover from this, and our game yesterday did not win us many fans. Now Enos has got to show that he can use the talent around him.

The issue is hiring the wrong HC. It’s why UM has been average since 2004. Coker was a terrible decision. Shannon was the worst one of all. Pressure to hire a minority back then and it back fired big time! To further compound, he should’ve been fired after year 3. Period. Then comes Golden. Wow, what a terrible fit. Good ideas but for a Big 10 and not SFL. Again, welcomed his stay two years too many. Richt was a safe bet. All things being equal if he still had the passion, it would’ve been a solid play. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he realized and called it a day after three seasons. He did invigorate some life and led the charge to construct the IPF.

Now we have another chapter in Manny Diaz. Let’s see what happens. Until UM hires the right HC, hopefully it’s Diaz, it will be the same...average play.

Go Canes!
how many times did we pass on butch? smh i just hope its manny at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back