Last night we looked exactly like..

Understandable how you feel. I've been a fan since the late 60's, so I get it. That being said, I'm still hopeful that we win Corstal 2019 (Goal #1), sign an amazing recruiting class, and compete with Clemson if not beat them in 2020 ACC Championship game. Then sign another top class in 2021 cycle, and compete for some Nattys.

Advertisement
Y'all nuts. We had a stupid number of penalties, a stupider number of sacks. Muffed punts. Missed chip shots. Horrible coaching. Dropped tds.....

And still should have beaten the #8 team in the country in a near home game for them. LSU whooped us. UF did not. We should meet Clemson this year, based on that performance.

That team isn’t number 8 , they’re 8 because of last year. They won’t be ranked by year end.

Yes, last night was more of the same. If Manny is really a savage then some heads need to roll today. We lost this game because the culture is rotten. Here’s Manny’s chance to single out some contributors to that culture and then 86 them.

Advertisement
Totally agree on the type of play.
In fact where were we with the moving pocket, new look TE's, man in motion, and what happened in the 3 rd Quarter?.
Lots of work need to be done, and if we are not careful, one of the "we will beat them" ACC teams such as VT or Virginia can surprise.
Save the first game histrionics...............we had all summer to get ready, and penalties are not taught. I did not see a team stepping up to the next level.
We had the gators on the ropes 4 times, and could NOT finish the game.........C to C- performance.

Totally agree on the type of play.
In fact where were we with the moving pocket, new look TE's, man in motion, and what happened in the 3 rd Quarter?.
Lots of work need to be done, and if we are not careful, one of the "we will beat them" ACC teams such as VT or Virginia can surprise.
Save the first game histrionics...............we had all summer to get ready, and penalties are not taught. I did not see a team stepping up to the next level.
We had the gators on the ropes 4 times, and could NOT finish the game.........C to C- performance.
Agree on the third quarter. Only thing I can think is Enos was trying to protect Williams by running more. But that quarter was a bad regression.

OP is correct. Most frustration from last night is macro not micro. We are dealing with the same stuff in 2019 that we dealt with in 2016, 2013, 2009, etc. It feels like the same thing every year

Advertisement
Exactly, long term view vs the kool aid myopia wishful thinking recursive loop.
It will all be better soon....again.

How dare they not be national championship caliber in the first game with Richt's leftovers.

Our fans have gone full ******. It doesn’t get much dumber than what’s going on, on this board right now.

The previous 15 years are irrelevant and only matter in the minds of the fans.

You can moan all you want, you say you’ve seen this script before but you haven’t. You are making assumptions based on a different coach with a different team and different players.

Am I saying Manny will be better no, I simply don’t know. But I willing to support the team and see where it goes.

Nor could he. But the total dysfunction, clock mismanagement, incredibly stupid penalty after penalty, Groundhog Day play calling that even the announcers were baffled by,, etc, etc. seemed somewhat familiar. To the last 16+ years.
We had same amount of practice as everyone else.

A big part of the clock mismanagement was a R-Fr freshman losing track. Bad mistake but correctable..but you keep up your campaign, clown face.

If it’s all so hopeless, and you're talking about these idiots here and their 16 years, why are you here?

I mean after one game you’ve determined there’s no hope and it’s going to be more of the same...or do you love wallowing in negativity and get off on it. That’s my read on miserable clowns like you.

Go scare some kids clown boy

Advertisement
Advertisement
How dare they not be national championship caliber in the first game with Richt's leftovers.
Yeah and how dare they looked like they practiced over the summer and can snap a football without a dozen dumb penalties

And if you noticed, Florida looked like a cluster, too.

I guess Dan Mullen forgot how to coach.

Or maybe it’s week zero and everybody is working out the kinks.

Look, I get it.

There was a lot of ugly **** in that game, but it’s one data point.

But no coach turns things around in ONE GAME.
I think people forget Saban lost to ULM in Bama his first year

I'm already a broken record on this but if we go out and smoke UNC then there is reason to hope. If we get into a struggle, it is more of the same crap on the horizon.

Advertisement
Back