Last night we looked exactly like..

Ammok

Sophomore
..the last 16 years. Exact same result. Einsteins definition of insanity.
Of course, it's only the first game, with brand new blah, blah, blah. Of course there's lots of room to improve and who knows by end of year. There is certainly glimmers of hope with Jarren and the team, maybe the total dysfunction last night was an abberation, growing pains, yadda, yadda as always.
However **LAST NIGHT** looked exactly like and resulted in, the same old 16 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
..the last 16 years. Exact same result. Einsteins definition of insanity.
Of course, it's only the first game, with brand new blah, blah, blah. Of course there's lots of room to improve and who knows by end of year. There is certainly glimmers of hope with Jarren and the team, maybe the total dysfunction last night was an abberation, growing pains, yadda, yadda as always.
However **LAST NIGHT** looked exactly like and resulted in, the same old 16 years.

I beg to differ because these guys didnt quit! Years pass they would of quit. Jimmy Johnson endure some bad stuff his first year but then "boom" national championship!

Advertisement
I really disagree. Obviously we've still got major problems. Mostly on OL. LT play was pathetic. Pre-snap penalties were a huge problem.
But (while we went into a shell for a while, especially in the third quarter) offensive play calling was way better than it's been in those last 16 years you name.
We should have won this game. I'm no more happy than anyone that we didn't. But the reasons we lost were not the same as the reason we've been losers in the past three coaching regimes.

Advertisement
Manny didn’t turn around 16 years in one game.
Nor could he. But the total dysfunction, clock mismanagement, incredibly stupid penalty after penalty, Groundhog Day play calling that even the announcers were baffled by,, etc, etc. seemed somewhat familiar. To the last 16+ years.
We had same amount of practice as everyone else.

Nor could he. But the total dysfunction, clock mismanagement, incredibly stupid penalty after penalty, Groundhog Day play calling that even the announcers were baffled by,, etc, etc. seemed somewhat familiar. To the last 16+ years.
We had same amount of practice as everyone else.

And if you noticed, Florida looked like a cluster, too.

I guess Dan Mullen forgot how to coach.

Or maybe it’s week zero and everybody is working out the kinks.

Look, I get it.

There was a lot of ugly **** in that game, but it’s one data point.

But no coach turns things around in ONE GAME.

Advertisement
One positive you could take away is they kept fighting but bad teams put themselves in bad spots. We're a bad team until proven otherwise.
We have ballers like we've always had. Guys who hate losing. Saw that last night. Seen it for 16 years. Same "team" result though.
WTF did they do since last year?

Y'all nuts. We had a stupid number of penalties, a stupider number of sacks. Muffed punts. Missed chip shots. Horrible coaching. Dropped tds.....

And still should have beaten the #8 team in the country in a near home game for them. LSU whooped us. UF did not. We should meet Clemson this year, based on that performance.

One positive you could take away is they kept fighting but bad teams put themselves in bad spots. We're a bad team until proven otherwise.

I’d say average that can improve to pretty good. 8-9 wins is a possibility because of a garbage schedule and young guys improving.

Last night is history as far as I am concerned.

It is how we look in the upcoming weeks that will be truly indicative of this team and the coaching staff.
We better look more prepared and make better adjustments.

Advertisement
Back