Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Advertisement
Exactly what I’ve been expecting. A one and done from a named program for hype, but hadn’t done ****. This kid is 1 and done and has 1 (one) career tackle. He sucks and leaves a hole again immediately with the unlimited counters ending.
Exactly know Deion not watching no film just going after anyone

Last years 1-11 team had two transfers from Alabama. It wasn’t entirely scrubs.

Again, I'm going to point something out.

The 2022 Colorado recruiting class...which WAS NOT responsible for the 1-11 record...Coach Neon ran off ALL OF THEM without even making an effort to get to know them, develop them, or even learn their names.

Too many people are making this binary. "A 1-11 team must mean that every person on the roster was terrible". WRONG.

I understand what Coach Neon is trying to do. I'm more than willing to acknowledge that "it worked" if it actually works.

But I highly doubt it will work. And not solely because of numbers. It's true that Coach Neon might be able to find 60 new players in the Portal. Over 1,000 are available.

It's just time to be honest. Coach Neon is not getting "the best" players in the Portal. He is getting kids with resumes that look good. Multiple kids from Alabama. Multiple kids from F$U. But there's a difference from how a resume looks on paper, and what it actually means. Ask the 2022 Miami coaching staff.

Coach Neon talks a big game. And, hey, maybe "Second Chance U" worked at Jackson State. It's not going to work in P5.

Wake me up when Coach Neon signs two or three TOP TEN HIGH SCHOOL RECRUITING CLASSES in a row. That's when I'll start to take him seriously for possibly being able to field a decent team.

The 2022 Colorado recruiting class...which WAS NOT responsible for the 1-11 record...Coach Neon ran off ALL OF THEM without even making an effort to get to know them, develop them, or even learn their names.

Too many people are making this binary. "A 1-11 team must mean that every person on the roster was terrible". WRONG.

I understand what Coach Neon is trying to do. I'm more than willing to acknowledge that "it worked" if it actually works.

But I highly doubt it will work. And not solely because of numbers. It's true that Coach Neon might be able to find 60 new players in the Portal. Over 1,000 are available.

It's just time to be honest. Coach Neon is not getting "the best" players in the Portal. He is getting kids with resumes that look good. Multiple kids from Alabama. Multiple kids from F$U. But there's a difference from how a resume looks on paper, and what it actually means. Ask the 2022 Miami coaching staff.

Coach Neon talks a big game. And, hey, maybe "Second Chance U" worked at Jackson State. It's not going to work in P5.

Wake me up when Coach Neon signs two or three TOP TEN HIGH SCHOOL RECRUITING CLASSES in a row. That's when I'll start to take him seriously for possibly being able to field a decent team.
Pizza Hut Nfl GIF

Advertisement

I’d have almost no issue with what he’s doing if it didn’t involve the entire class. No way you can convince me that’s a good move. I’d rather have a freshman to coach up instead of a team of cast offs.

Unless he’s not betting on himself as a developer.

I’d have almost no issue with what he’s doing if it didn’t involve the entire class. No way you can convince me that’s a good move. I’d rather have a freshman to coach up instead of a team of cast offs.

Unless he’s not betting on himself as a developer.

Yeah, it's a very risky and bizarre bet. If Coach Neon gets 65 of "his" guys and only wins 1 game again, the entire storyline goes down the drain.

And it's VERY possible that this year's Colorado team goes 1-11.

Yeah, it's a very risky and bizarre bet. If Coach Neon gets 65 of "his" guys and only wins 1 game again, the entire storyline goes down the drain.

And it's VERY possible that this year's Colorado team goes 1-11.
the media will spin it saying anything is a good season over there, even if they went -5 and 30

Advertisement
Advertisement
They just going after names
Tbh he's the worst thing that probably happens to us. We would clean up in sfla imo if he wasn't around. He's going to get a lot of studs that we should land. We still building a good roster though it's going to take time. But Lord knows I want that program to fail. I didn't care before but when he affected us with the CM sh he became the enemy. That kid imo is a top ten pick regardless of who coaches him.

Absolutely are. Same with when they got our transfer OL when everyone knew he’d never play after he had a bad accident years ago. They just saw he was a 4* and took em and he ended up right back in the portal
Exactly they ain't watching no film or background checks, like you said they see 4 star and they bring em in just like how fans do lol

Advertisement
Tbh he's the worst thing that probably happens to us. We would clean up in sfla imo if he wasn't around. He's going to get a lot of studs that we should land. We still building a good roster though it's going to take time. But Lord knows I want that program to fail. I didn't care before but when he affected us with the CM sh he became the enemy. That kid imo is a top ten pick regardless of who coaches him.
Naw I think that Cormani thing is rare case, like we aren't recruiting the same type of players as colorado for the 2024 cycle. Now if he was at UCF then he would be a terror like you said in the state of Florida. But I think colorado is like the worst place for Cormani and Travis Hunter to go to because that program being run like a glorified high school team guys playing offense and defense

Naw I think that Cormani thing is rare case, like we aren't recruiting the same type of players as colorado for the 2024 cycle. Now if he was at UCF then he would be a terror like you said in the state of Florida. But I think colorado is like the worst place for Cormani and Travis Hunter to go to because that program being run like a glorified high school team guys playing offense and defense
Hope u right. I'm a believer in u get the best u play the best. Talent acquisition is cfb, it's like having 25 first round picks. Then u become a glorified HC who knows every nuance of the game......just because you have piled the best players. Insane the way it works when u think about it.

Hope u right. I'm a believer in u get the best u play the best. Talent acquisition is cfb, it's like having 25 first round picks. Then u become a glorified HC who knows every nuance of the game......just because you have piled the best players. Insane the way it works when u think about it.
Thats what I think too get the best players and you win 9 times out of 10. Even Kirby said he won just because he had better players

Thats what I think too get the best players and you win 9 times out of 10. Even Kirby said he won just because he had better players
First coach to tell it like it is. When he said we have better players than Oregon it was the simple truth. I could see why he recruits well he's probably a straight shooter and people like that.

Advertisement
Back