Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Is it remotely possible that most (not all) of them were asked to leave program (scholarships not renewed) and it’s all post spring game decisions vs perceived exodus?
Well the way the roster is capitulating he better start filling in the spots with legit starters otherwise there will be zero depth…. If injuries hit them mid season watch out

Advertisement
At this point, what is their scholarship count? They lost 15 players today. They had lost 42 players to the transfer portal prior to today! They have lost 57 players from last year's team just to the portal. That doesn't include players who have graduated. Absurd!

Colorado could be fielding a 1997 Miami level (in terms of number of players) team this season.

As a Miami fan..Deion is in my top 5 favorite athlete..and idgaf who that offends
Pizza Hut Nfl GIF
Jock riders.

Do you even read this board lol? Plenty of venom for all of them. In fact the two most successful never-ending threads are Nole and Gator tears. We go after UGA, Bama, UNC, everyone when its topical.

And no one really cares about CU. We care about ****** Deon-coached CU ******* with our recruits. Colorado, who are now a relevant recruiting force because of Deon, who took CM from us and Hunter from FSU and on and on, had 15 players (so far) portal out in a single April off-season day. Yeah, it's gonna be a topic. We're gonna try to tear that Nole down until we can see his bones.
UGA takes more recruits from us on an annual basis than Colorado has ever even offered.

And nah I definitely don’t see much vitriol aimed at UGA on here, way more dreamy eyed admiration & respect with people saying we need to be more like UGA & follow their method.

There isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for, there’s quite a few for UGA though.

Advertisement
At this point, what is their scholarship count? They lost 15 players today. They had lost 42 players to the transfer portal prior to today!

Colorado could be fielding a 1989 SMU level (in terms of number/quality of players) team this season.
It's gonna be ugly

Some of y’all gone lose your remaining sanity if they even decent this year
How can they be? They literally may be only fielding 60-65 players this year (Deion has brought in 48 from HS and the portal, and has lost 57 to the portal. And an unknown further amount to graduation).

Advertisement
My guess is it’s the former. He saw how dog**** his team is and opted for the old get out of jail free card, ‘I need to bring in my players.’

That buys him more time to hide behind the excuse of rebuilding the roster from scratch.
He is untouchable until Y4/5 unless something else gets him.

...or some other team hires him away...

#NorvellSleepsWithOneEyeOpen

UGA takes more recruits from us on an annual basis than Colorado has ever even offered.

And nah I definitely don’t see much vitriol aimed at UGA on here, way more dreamy eyed admiration & respect with people saying we need to be more like UGA & follow their method.

There isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for, there’s quite a few for UGA though.

Oh, I see plenty of UGA hate. You can start with me. But yes, also admiration for teams like them and Bama, which is just being intellectually honest IMO. They are winning rings. It's what we are trying to compete with.

But tons of posts ripping Kirby for being an *******, bags, cheating, etc. **** him too. And if UGA... or Bama, or LSU or even Minnesota had 15 kids dip over four hours on an April Monday, yeah, it would be a thread.

I don't know how you can say "there isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for" when they literally just snatched Cormani from us a few months ago. We will see. But be assured they will be coming after some of our guys as well as other teams guys. That Deon snake-oil bottle is still full.

Oh, I see plenty of UGA hate. You can start with me. But yes, also admiration for teams like them and Bama, which is just being intellectually honest IMO. They are winning rings. It's what we are trying to compete with.

But tons of posts ripping Kirby for being an *******, bags, cheating, etc. **** him too. And if UGA... or Bama, or LSU or even Minnesota had 15 kids dip over four hours on an April Monday, yeah, it would be a thread.

I don't know how you can say "there isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for" when they literally just snatched Cormani from us a few months ago. We will see. But be assured they will be coming after some of our guys as well as other teams guys. That Deon snake-oil bottle is still full.
Indeed. Quite a number of top recruits at the very least like to list Colorado in their Top 10.

Advertisement
My guess is it’s the former. He saw how dog**** his team is and opted for the old get out of jail free card, ‘I need to bring in my players.’

That buys him more time to hide behind the excuse of rebuilding the roster from scratch.
From the very beginning, he made it clear that he was going to overhaul the team through the portal. The spring game likely didn't factor into these players' decisions to leave, they were already on their way out

Montana Lemonious-Craig was in a heated argument w/ Baby Sanders early on in the game. Not sure what happened, b/c they were jawing.

Pate said it correctly; this is the new era of giving players power. Just like coaches can be fired, players can now be fired. This is not a Colorado situation, this a FBS situation. That’s y the portal is a box of chocolates; some of those players are leaving on their own (no different than the good ole transfer days), while u’ll have a slew who were kindly pushed into the portal due to lack of production.

Advertisement
You're right. Just looked it up and the Canes had only 47 players that season. Yikes.

That said, we still have a week to go in the transfer portal. Plenty of time for Colorado to approach those numbers.
Think about that for a second....47 players...Butch couldn't even hold proper practices. Ask @Brooklyndee the uphill battle it was.

They were 1-11 last year...

Seems a bit insecure to slam dunk on literally the worst team in CFB that’s not even in our conference.

Where’s all the venom for a real threat to Miami like UGA, FSU, UNC etc..?

Honestly, I think the insecurity is if Deion does well in CU, then he’ll be sniffing around his home state poaching players like Cormani.

How many players did Tucker/MSU pull out of the portal two years ago? That's the best case scenario for Prime.
Colorado added 48 players through high school and the portal thus far. They've lost 57 players from last years team to the portal alone. Their losses to graduation were up to 16 players.

Advertisement
Back