Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Think about that for a second....47 players...Butch couldn't even hold proper practices. Ask @Brooklyndee the uphill battle it was.
That is unbelievable. I was looking at the roster...the 1997 Canes had six defensive backs. Not six corners or six safeties. Just six defensive backs in total.

The 2023 Canes have 15 defensive backs by comparison.

Advertisement
Oh, I see plenty of UGA hate. You can start with me. But yes, also admiration for teams like them and Bama, which is just being intellectually honest IMO. They are winning rings. It's what we are trying to compete with.

But tons of posts ripping Kirby for being an *******, bags, cheating, etc. **** him too. And if UGA... or Bama, or LSU or even Minnesota had 15 kids dip over four hours on an April Monday, yeah, it would be a thread.

I don't know how you can say "there isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for" when they literally just snatched Cormani from us a few months ago. We will see. But be assured they will be coming after some of our guys as well as other teams guys. That Deon snake-oil bottle is still full.
Cormani is one player...

Wanna run down the list of players other programs like UGA have snatched from us, literally every single class?

That is unbelievable. I was looking at the roster...the 1997 Canes had six defensive backs. Not six corners or six safeties. Just six defensive backs in total.

The 2023 Canes have 15 defensive backs by comparison.
What Chuck did in regards to DBs then, is nothing short of miraculous. Craziest thing is....DB and STs play was our strengths back then.

Advertisement
A) Who cares
B) **** him
C) Who cares

IMG_7283.gif

Looked it up...it appears Colorado may have lost up to 16 players to graduation from last year's team.

2022 Scholarship Count: 84 players ( https://www.buffzone.com/2021/12/25/cu-buffs-scholarship-chart/ ) possibly higher, as the count is from Feb 2022

Departures
(16) Graduation (possibly less if the graduating player was a walk on)
(57) Transfer portal

Additions:
+19 High School
+29 Transfer portal

If these numbers are right, that gives them 59 scholarship players entering this evening

Last edited:
Cormani is one player...

Wanna run down the list of players other programs like UGA have snatched from us, literally every single class?

Amigo. You are creating a random argument that I am not on the other side of. Why?

I don't know why you think this is a Colorado vs. UGA argument, it isn't. I know UGA has snatched a ton of FL talent from us. I know as much as you do. We agree. I said how I feel about Kirby and UGA. Not sure why you are glossing over that. Again, **** him and **** them.

Now back to Colorado, yes, Deon the false prophet just dropped our recruiting class from #4 to #7 with one body snatch. Yes he is going after other kids we are recruiting. Yes he's an ******* that we need to be wary of and *****slap. That doesn't make him the only program that is a problem or even one of the top 10 problems, not sure why you are acting like there isn't room for Deon and his antics in the hate column. Are you a fan? Let me be frank: **** him and everything he stands for.

You said "there isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for" which is patently false and ridiculous. I illustrated why. I'm not going to take the time to list the top 100 kids who have/are visiting CU. You can if you like.

Not sure why you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about us having a thread tearing up a ****y ******* Seminole who stole our highest rated player a few months ago on day where almost 20% of his roster hit the portal and he lost two top commits. But I'm enjoying today, as is pretty much the rest of CFB. Join us!

Advertisement
It's going to be interesting when Cormani and Hunter are pressed into service as defensive tackles.
"Cormani, I'm gonna need you to line up against Donovan [Jackson, the Ohio State offensive lineman]"

"What?!"

"The family needs you there. Just look at Hunter - the family needed him to be the center and now he's the starter. Heck he's playing center, left guard, and right guard. You're needed out there on the defensive line today. And maybe the rest of the season. And remember, it's not just me asking you. It's the family."

Advertisement
Honestly, I think the insecurity is if Deion does well in CU, then he’ll be sniffing around his home state poaching players like Cormani.
It’s a layered version of our fanbases obsession with FSU

They are preparing themselves for the day he comes back to FSU and has them cowering on the floor in the fetal position

It’s why so many people enjoy kissing his ***. It’s like how they’ll still tell you “they respect FSU” even when they shouldn’t

They’re scared as ****

Advertisement
Amigo. You are creating an argument that I am not on the other side of. Why?

I don't know why you think this is a Colorado vs. UGA argument, it isn't. I know UGA has snatched a ton of FL talent from us. I know as much as you do. We agree. I said how I feel about Kirby and UGA. Not sure why you are glossing over that. Again, **** him and **** them.

Now back to Colorado, yes, Deon the false prophet just dropped our recruiting class from #4 to #7 with one body snatch. Yes he is going after other kids we are recruiting. Yes he's an ******* that we need to be wary of and *****slap. That doesn't make him the only program that is a problem or even one of the top 10 problems, not sure why you are acting like there isn't room for Deon and his antics in the hate column. Are you a fan? Let me be frank: **** him and everything he stands for.

You said "there isn’t a single player in this class that we’re after that we’ll be legitimately battling Colorado for" which is patently false and ridiculous. I illustrated why. I'm not going to take the time to list the top 100 kids who have/are visiting CU. You can if you like.

Not sure why you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about us having a thread tearing up a ****y ******* Seminole who stole our highest rated player a few months ago on day where almost 20% of his roster hit the portal and he lost two top commits. But I'm enjoying today, as is pretty much the rest of CFB. Join us!
I’m pointing out that people in contrast are picking an easy target vs going after a program that has actually done real significant damage to us for decades.

And no, there isn’t any recruits that we’re after who we have to worry about Colorado taking, that’s not patently false or ridiculous it’s 100% true. We have a higher likelihood of losing recruiting battles on the trail to the likes of Auburn, Washington & South Carolina than we do Colorado.

I don’t have a bee in my bonnet, I just think it’s hilarious you guys are building Colorado up as if they’re real rival while our actual rivals have taken us behind a woodshed on the field & on the recruiting trail. It looks to me like looking for a moral victory.

I’m not a Colorado State or Nebraska fan so Idgaf what the Buffs got going on, they’re not on our schedule, in the ACC or playoff contender that we have to deal with, they’re not even interesting to watch or discuss nominally as a general fan of CFB.

Advertisement
Back