Last D1 projection

It’s been a common theme on the board this year. Everyone got soft after missing the tournament two years in a row. Yes I understand it’s a young team but we did this too ourselves.

So what do you think it would have taken for us to host? The consensus around the sites seemed to be that two wins in the ACCT would do it. The optics of the situation are that an extra inning loss to a good team, at basically their home stadium cost us a chance to host. Not to mention that same team then went on to win the ACCT, it's not like that was a terrible loss.
I'm of the belief that had either one of our two big state rivals posted the same stats we did this year they would have hosted.

Advertisement
So what do you think it would have taken for us to host? The consensus around the sites seemed to be that two wins in the ACCT would do it. The optics of the situation are that an extra inning loss to a good team, at basically their home stadium cost us a chance to host. Not to mention that same team then went on to win the ACCT, it's not like that was a terrible loss.
I'm of the belief that had either one of our two big state rivals posted the same stats we did this year they would have hosted.

By itself, it's not a terrible loss. Given the circumstances - 5-0 lead, on the hosting bubble, elimination game - it was a terrible loss. It literally changed our season. We could be at home, playing a #4 seed, setting up our rotation however we want.

I win over Carolina would have given us the host spot. Period that’s it. The UVA game didn’t matter. If we would’ve beaten BC as well it would’ve solidified it, and probably ended up #15. If we would’ve won the whole thing we would’ve finished with the #13

0 excuse for Oregon State, and WVU to be hosting over us. Ole Miss is a toss-up, but the last spot at minimum should have gone to us.

What did OSU do this year? Series losses to USC and Nevada, poor home record, lower RPI.

Ole Miss lost 25 games this season. For every great win they had they lost series they shouldn't have. Teams with that W/L record shouldn't host. Also hard to believe 6 teams from one conference are deserving to host with a 7th in the pipeline. Screams of RPI inflation to me.

LOL both bow out at home as expected. A joke these two got to host.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back