Last D1 projection

Advertisement
Was a good season while it lasted. Who knew a loss in extras to a team that is now hosting would ***** us.
Spoken like a true fan. Already saying we are done days before the tournament. Never know what happens come tournament time so quit the **** till Friday.

Spoken like a true fan. Already saying we are done days before the tournament. Never know what happens come tournament time so quit the **** till Friday.

Just being realistic. We're good enough to win on the road vs a lot of these seeded teams. But Miss St with Ethan Small is the toughest matchup there is.

He's

Player
era
w-l
app-gs
cg
sho
sv
ip
h
r
er
bb
so
2b
3b
hr
ab
b/avg
wp
hbp
bk
sfa
sha
1.80​
8-2​
15-15​
0​
0/3​
0​
90.0​
48​
20​
18​
24​
150​
13​
1​
6​
309​
.155​

Team kinda screwed themselves with the blown games by the pen and the pitiful d. Losses against Unc, Louisville, Florida, and FSU come to mind. Gino has done a solid job and it’s great he got us back into the tournament but we shot ourselves in the foot during some games this year. Next year could be pretty **** special if the fielding and bullpen improves.

Mississippi state will be really tough but central Michigan has grossly inflated numbers from a ridiculously weak schedule

This is why I’m starting Cecconi in game one. We need a guy that can overpower them. Slade can get up to mid 90s with a good breaking ball. Kid has been coming on all year and who I believe is our best pro pitching prospect on the roster

Advertisement
Team kinda screwed themselves with the blown games by the pen and the pitiful d. Losses against Unc, Louisville, Florida, and FSU come to mind. Gino has done a solid job and it’s great he got us back into the tournament but we shot ourselves in the foot during some games this year. Next year could be pretty **** special if the fielding and bullpen improves.

No excuse for seeding us vs Miss St though. Yeah we missed chances but teams with worse resumes are hosting and even if we arent hosting we should have been placed with ECU, LSU, Ole Miss, or West Va

Advertisement
Yeah that's a fair point. On the bright side if we can somehow get out of this regional Stanford doesn't scare me at all. Their starting pitching is good but not great by any means

No excuse for seeding us vs Miss St though. Yeah we missed chances but teams with worse resumes are hosting and even if we arent hosting we should have been placed with ECU, LSU, Ole Miss, or West Va

He’s exactly right. At the end of the day it’s on the team. That’s what happens when you leave the decision up to someone else. Cleveland Gary fumble. Terry Porter. 2013 basketball was the first team in ACC history to win the ACC reg season and tourney to not get a 1 seed. I could go on and on. We NEVER get the benefit of the doubt from the NCAA.

For those counting us out, compared to other major sports, college baseball can be pretty **** random (i.e. FSU has a CWS title...and not the one in Tally). Didn't we beat the Louisville ace who was supposed to be lights out? To look at it another way, if I'm a Miss St fan, I'm not happy to have drawn Miami. If our hitting is rolling, our lineup compares favorably against any team. Let's see what happens.

Worst case scenario, being on the road in a hostile environment in a regional is great experience for a very young squad for next year. I think we're playing with house money at this point.

Advertisement
He’s exactly right. At the end of the day it’s on the team. That’s what happens when you leave the decision up to someone else. Cleveland Gary fumble. Terry Porter. 2013 basketball was the first team in ACC history to win the ACC reg season and tourney to not get a 1 seed. I could go on and on. We NEVER get the benefit of the doubt from the NCAA.

We probably wouldnt host with Ray Tanner as the chair if we went undefeated. The decision is always up to someone else in baseball. Even if we beat UNC and then BC what makes you think we'd get fair treatment? They clearly didnt like Miami so I dont see how 2 more wins would have changed much. An ACC team that went 39-18, 19-13 with a RPI of 17 shouldnt be matched up with the #4 RPI team.

Blaming the team is a cop out. They did enough to deserve a better draw. And yeah, Miami always gets screwed, but the blame still lies with the committee.

We probably wouldnt host with Ray Tanner as the chair if we went undefeated. The decision is always up to someone else in baseball. Even if we beat UNC and then BC what makes you think we'd get fair treatment? They clearly didnt like Miami so I dont see how 2 more wins would have changed much. An ACC team that went 39-18, 19-13 with a RPI of 17 shouldnt be matched up with the #4 RPI team.

Blaming the team is a cop out. They did enough to deserve a better draw. And yeah, Miami always gets screwed, but the blame still lies with the committee.

We would’ve taken Carolina’s spot. It’s really that simple. Stop placing blame on everybody else. We didn’t do what we needed to do and left it in someone else’s hands

This is why I’m starting Cecconi in game one. We need a guy that can overpower them. Slade can get up to mid 90s with a good breaking ball. Kid has been coming on all year and who I believe is our best pro pitching prospect on the roster

If you wanna go with pure power, we should throw McMahon against them. He's got the fastest stuff on the team. He hit 97 in his last outing.

Advertisement

Blaming the team is a cop out? Holy **** this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

Blaming the team is a cop out? Holy **** this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

It’s been a common theme on the board this year. Everyone got soft after missing the tournament two years in a row. Yes I understand it’s a young team but we did this too ourselves.

Advertisement
Back