Lashlee, What u guys think ?

Advertisement
The WR's are fine they aren't an issue, don't be jaded by Enox's 1994 offense...

None of the WR's SMU had were 4-stars or highly regarded at all, but they were put in a system that was conducive to create productivity.

Once we find a QB & LT to protect for long than 3 seconds the offense will look drastically different.
Yeah it’s that same old same old. Are we elite talent? No.

Do we have enough to win the Coastal? Of course.

I mean a kid like Wiggins could eat in this offense if he puts in the work.

Dammit man...I’m starting to fall for it again....

Y’all can’t be a Debbie downer about everything, at Miami we have tried everything but a true spread fast paced offense. Let’s see what that looks like first before we doubt it. I’m excited about lashlee honestly
Oh I trust Lashlee. What I don't trust is Diaz keeping the QBs disciplined enough to run it.

Tate/Perry front and center listening

Jarren in the back smoking a blunt
Jarren was literally to the left of them..
FA9B359A-9701-4E07-B24C-6965A5124CD6.jpeg

Advertisement
Y’all can’t be a Debbie downer about everything, at Miami we have tried everything but a true spread fast paced offense. Let’s see what that looks like first before we doubt it. I’m excited about lashlee honestly
Agree man. But then also, how can you not doubt it until you see the real thing, after 20 years of us shooting blanks? I'd say lets call the real deal after 2 years of consistent growth.

If he can find a QB & LT he'll do great here.

He has Rivers and what appears to be a competent OL coach. He got a QB for freaking SMU and coached him up. I won’t be shocked if he gets that position fixed one way or the other.

The SMU remodel job compels me to think he has a real shot in an admittedly very tight window before Manny would be on the chopping block. The three cupcakes early will be a huge help if the “work” idea actually resonates. He could get this right. It will be fun to watch.

LCE...I agree w/ you 99% of the time.

This is our 1% disagreement.

I want you to be right.

I've looked at every at film I can find on Lashlee Os.

This Miami OL won't hold up long enough and problem will be magnified by no WR separation.

We shall see first 4 games of year...
The one thing I would like to chime in with is regarding the WR separation issue. Early in the year we had guys running open and we either couldn't protect long enough or one of the QB's would make a **** poor pass. As the season wore on defenses started to catch on to what we were doing. They knew what routes were coming and when and they sat on them. It's pretty hard to get separation when the DB opposite of you knows where you are going. You can be the greatest route technician in the world but it doesn't matter if the defense knows where you're going. The OL not being able to protect very well compounded this because our guys were forced to run short routes because we couldn't block long enough to let other routes develop.

With that said, we do have a tremendous amount of room for improvement from our WR's. I believe the talent is there, Stubbs and Lashlee just have to get it out of them. Enos's offense didn't help them much either.

Advertisement
He has Rivers and what appears to be a competent OL coach. He got a QB for freaking SMU and coached him up. I won’t be shocked if he gets that position fixed one way or the other.

The SMU remodel job compels me to think he has a real shot in an admittedly very tight window before Manny would be on the chopping block. The three cupcakes early will be a huge help if the “work” idea actually resonates. He could get this right. It will be fun to watch.
He actual got a QB from Texas and coached him up at SMU. I get your point though. I think Perry has a chance if he works hard and focuses. I would tell Jarren to look for pt elsewhere. He has shown that he has the most overall talent of the bunch but he is a selfish baby that doesn't work hard if he don't want to or if his feelings get hurt. You're QB HAS to be the leader even if he doesn't really want to be. As a QB you're the tone setter.

The one thing I would like to chime in with is regarding the WR separation issue. Early in the year we had guys running open and we either couldn't protect long enough or one of the QB's would make a **** poor pass. As the season wore on defenses started to catch on to what we were doing. They knew what routes were coming and when and they sat on them. It's pretty hard to get separation when the DB opposite of you knows where you are going. You can be the greatest route technician in the world but it doesn't matter if the defense knows where you're going. The OL not being able to protect very well compounded this because our guys were forced to run short routes because we couldn't block long enough to let other routes develop.

With that said, we do have a tremendous amount of room for improvement from our WR's. I believe the talent is there, Stubbs and Lashlee just have to get it out of them. Enos's offense didn't help them much either.

Ds know what routes are coming w/ Lashlee's O as well.

Every D knows what routes are coming with every O.

There is no mystery really.

Ds know what routes are coming w/ Lashlee's O as well.

Every D knows what routes are coming with every O.

There is no mystery really.
I understand that, but with Enos they knew WHEN the routes were coming. Ds figured Enos out. Just look at the early success we had with the RPO slants. The WR were wide open on the RPO slant until the D's figured it out and then they all the sudden couldn't get an inch of separation because the DB's were sitting on it.

There's a lot of factors that contributed to our WR's being "covered", it isn't really their inability to gain separation.

Advertisement
I feel sad for Rhett. This hire should be met with so much hype!

For the 1st time in 15 years. We actually hired a coach who put up elite numbers with equal or lessor talent relative to his competition. Plus runs an aggressive spread.

But Manny is such a trashbucket many of us are too scared to let our guard down.

I believe Rhett will get results. Still don’t know if it’s enough to overcome Manny.

This is Manny's fault. The amount of hype he generated last off season and the catastrophic walk that followed just completely killed him. It's an uphill battle from here no matter what he does. Faster than any coach he simple doesn't have the benefit of any doubt anymore. Another middling season will kill him.

Advertisement
I feel sad for Rhett. This hire should be met with so much hype!

For the 1st time in 15 years. We actually hired a coach who put up elite numbers with equal or lessor talent relative to his competition. Plus runs an aggressive spread.

But Manny is such a trashbucket many of us are too scared to let our guard down.

I believe Rhett will get results. Still don’t know if it’s enough to overcome Manny.

Blake Baker?

List of men to be trapped in a foxhole with:

1) American Sniper
2) Rambo
3) Chuck Norris
4) Every other dude on earth
5) CIS posters

Advertisement
Back