Lashlee, What u guys think ?

The WR's are fine they aren't an issue, don't be jaded by Enox's 1994 offense...

None of the WR's SMU had were 4-stars or highly regarded at all, but they were put in a system that was conducive to create productivity.

Once we find a QB & LT to protect for long than 3 seconds the offense will look drastically different.

Good thing with this offense is it doesn't seem to need a great OL. SMU's wasn't that good, basically just getting in the way half the time.

Advertisement
And I thought last offseason was bad. We’re about to have to suffer through thousands of “show me on the field”, “prove it on Saturdays” type posts between now and fall.

Fun times smh.

He runs the offense we've been begging to see. And what he did at SMU with mediocre talent was very impressive. Had Diaz not been a moron and hired him last year the 2019 season would have turned out very different. Now the hole is deeper though so who knows

We need a QB to make it work. Jarren and Kosi won't cut it. SMU getting that Texas transfer allowed their offense to take off. Lashlee needs to bring somebody him otherwise we'll still struggle.

Advertisement
LCE...I agree w/ you 99% of the time.

This is our 1% disagreement.

I want you to be right.

I've looked at every at film I can find on Lashlee Os.

This Miami OL won't hold up long enough and problem will be magnified by no WR separation.

We shall see first 4 games of year...
The WR's seperate just fine, even in Enox's trash *** offense they separated vs UNC, Va Tech, FSU & LVille.

All we need is an accurate QB that can get them the ball. Take this exact same WR corps & give them to Josh Heupel & they'd put up the same numbers that Gabe Davis, Tre Nixon & Marlon Williams put up.

WR's are not the problem with this offense, **** JT4 was beating LSU's secondary consistently in 2018, we just had a garbage QB & God awful play calling that prevented the WR group from shining more often.

Our problem offensively is QB play & a turnstile OL, we fix those two issues & we'll smoke Defenses regularly.

The WR's seperate just fine, even in Enox's trash *** offense they separated vs UNC, Va Tech, FSU & LVille.

All we need is an accurate QB that can get them the ball. Take this exact same WR corps & give them to Josh Heupel & they'd put up the same numbers that Gabe Davis, Tre Nixon & Marlon Williams put up.

WR's are not the problem with this offense, **** JT4 was beating LSU's secondary consistently in 2018, we just had a garbage QB & God awful play calling that prevented the WR group from shining more often.

Our problem offensively is QB play & a turnstile OL, we fix those two issues & we'll smoke Defenses regularly.
You bring up JT4 and it's sad because the kid could've really shined in this type of offense.

Last paragraph says it all. Defense was not great but with a decent offense could have won at least 3 or 4 more games. Those 2 issues need to be fixed before I get optimistic

Advertisement
My big thing with Lashlee is if he’s a good oc and we have a unforeseen problem on offense that will hinder what system he wants to run, that he makes the proper adjustments to cater to what we have.

if he does this he will be successful

I agree with the above comment whole heartedly. That being said I was struck by the fact that he sounded more like a head coach than Manny. Two I loved that he meantioned that the players shouldn't focus on stats. As far as getting hyped or claiming he is elite or how great the offense is going to be.. I will will reserve judgement until I see results or lack there of.

Imagine that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This isn't hype. This is the offensive coordinator giving an honest assessment of possibilities. Notice he emphasizes that things could happen but the work has to be put in. He is not selling dreams but reality. He talked about discipline and we all know that the Canes have been one of the most undisciplined teams esp on offense in college football. He sounds like a coach and he is doing what he is supposed to get his people to buy in. Like Liberty City says the QB position and the line particularly the LT position have been hurting us. So the struggle may be more about our lack of talent than his ability to make his offense run smoothly. There really is no reason to doubt what he can do except no one knows if Manny will do what needs to be done to accomodate Lashlee and his needs. Dude sounds more like a motivator than Manny.

Advertisement
Back