Lashlee, What u guys think ?

Advertisement
CF91D977-E560-4B7F-BE1B-6D5A51476F52.jpeg

If he can find a QB & LT he'll do great here.
Not completely disagreeing..however, I went from cautiously optimistic to optimistic based on his demeanor and charisma....he sounds like the type of coach that knows how to motivate players and how to get the most from them. Not ****y just confident!

I also think we already have a qb that can do well in his system (Perry)....now as to the LT...?????

Advertisement
I like the hire. B+ for me. He's the right hire for what we claim to want and maybe can generate some excitement for Floridian skill guys. Also like the Justice hire a lot. Manny, on paper, with two very solid hires.

Manny's passive-aggressiveness, however, and attempts in his head to be a ,modern day Jimmy Johnson using psychological jargon, is the real issue. Oh, and we need to replace guys on the defensive side of the ball and need more recruiters and diversity of opinion.

-Rogers at Baylor for Rumph as cb coach
-Heacock at Iowa State as DC/safety coach for Banda
-Vollono at FIU for Patke as special teams
-another up and coming lb coach with energy and initial solid coaching CV for Baker
-Patrick for Stroud

If he can find an entirely new OL and somehow get WRs to separate, he'll do great here...
The WR's are fine they aren't an issue, don't be jaded by Enox's 1994 offense...

None of the WR's SMU had were 4-stars or highly regarded at all, but they were put in a system that was conducive to create productivity.

Once we find a QB & LT to protect for long than 3 seconds the offense will look drastically different.

Not completely disagreeing..however, I went from cautiously optimistic to optimistic based on his demeanor and charisma....he sounds like the type of coach that knows how to motivate players and how to get the most from them. Not ****y just confident!

I also think we already have a qb that can do well in his system (Perry)....now as to the LT...?????
Perry's too much of a risk, he's too inaccurate.

I'm good with him being an emergency backup in case of injury, but we need a Grad Transfer to start this season.

I believe it will take two years to fully see the results of this hire. Question is can we be patient enough to see it?

I feel sad for Rhett. This hire should be met with so much hype!

For the 1st time in 15 years. We actually hired a coach who put up elite numbers with equal or lessor talent relative to his competition. Plus runs an aggressive spread.

But Manny is such a trashbucket many of us are too scared to let our guard down.

I believe Rhett will get results. Still don’t know if it’s enough to overcome Manny.

Advertisement
Perry's too much of a risk, he's too inaccurate.

I'm good with him being an emergency backup in case of injury, but we need a Grad Transfer to start this season.
I just keep having visions of him vs VaTech only better (with an up tempo system that puts pressure on the defense and a coach that calls plays to our strengths and opponents weaknesses)....but you’re probably right....guess I’m just dreaming...LOL

The WR's are fine they aren't an issue, don't be jaded by Enox's 1994 offense...

None of the WR's SMU had were 4-stars or highly regarded at all, but they were put in a system that was conducive to create productivity.

Once we find a QB & LT to protect for long than 3 seconds the offense will look drastically different.

LCE...I agree w/ you 99% of the time.

This is our 1% disagreement.

I want you to be right.

I've looked at every at film I can find on Lashlee Os.

This Miami OL won't hold up long enough and problem will be magnified by no WR separation.

We shall see first 4 games of year...

Advertisement
LCE...I agree w/ you 99% of the time.

This is our 1% disagreement.

I want you to be right.

I've looked at every at film I can find on Lashlee Os.

This Miami OL won't hold up long enough and problem will be magnified by no WR separation.

We shall see first 4 games of year...
There are several starting caliber offensive linemen in the portal. Just get one. Then if the new kicker is above average it's probably already a 9 win team with that schedule. Get a real QB and add depth at CB and DE, then it could be a really decent year.

Sad we need to rely so much on the portal, but it is what it is.

if we don't get a decent offensive lineman then I'm not too confident, but let's see what the new coaches can do. Freshman to sophomore year is a really big jump in development for the big guys.

If he can find a QB & LT he'll do great here.
Without a QB, he's as doomed as Enos. WITH a good QB, we'll destroy the Coastal. LT is a little less important with Lashlee, as his QBs get the ball out fast, but we still need much better play there. Not to downplay the importance of a LT, just that Lashlee's QBs, in the past at least, have gotten the ball out quickly.

Now, our current crap, I mean crop, of QBs will probably have us all cursing the LT, and Lashlee.

If you listen close you can hear someone say “shiiiit” when he says it’s not about who gets the credit.

edit: jk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back