Lashlee and the SMU Canes(y'all words, not mine)...

Advertisement
Running the ball is more important than winning games.

I don’t care if we go 0-12 every year, as long as we run the ball that’s all that matters.

Rhett Lashlee sucks.

#2029Bros4Life!
Third and short! More important than actually scoring points!

SMU 10-2!! They finished the season really strong and got a big conference title game this weekend against Tulane. Jaylan Knighton started slow with the fumbles but turned it around to have a good season. He made the right move transferring out finishing with 113 carries for 645 rushing yards

Our OL was awful when Rhett was here which made his coaching job more impressive. Our staring center then is a backup at freaking SMU lol. Rhett schemed guys WIDE OPEN . Oh and he used the te’s. People legit forget how bad our offenses had been and the OL’s before his arrival.
Agreed, but he was also very predictable on 3rd and 4th and short situations with inside zone. We got stuffed countless times in those situations and it made no sense, was predictable, and frustrating especially because our OL was trash. (Much like this year but we actually convert our fair share with a good OL).

Advertisement
Outside of Miami fans getting **** for a few days who would know or care?

How much **** does FSU get now for losing to Jax St.? Or, ducking Clemson during COVID?
You give up bowl money. Remember it’s changed - acc not just putting into an equal shares thing anymore

You can’t complain about revenue and then turn it down. And Miami needs the 3 weeks of practice for the next up

Uh, what?
If we don't have a QB and he to resort to a walkon, we will be lit up indeed.
This is the 21st century, you have to score points.

We can run the ball 90% of the time and stay in a game with SMU and their 2nd string QB.

You give up bowl money. Remember it’s changed - acc not just putting into an equal shares thing anymore

You can’t complain about revenue and then turn it down. And Miami needs the 3 weeks of practice for the next up
It really depends on the bowl. It might actually cost the team money to play in a bowl. Lower tiered bowls don’t pay a ton but they force the school to purchase a huge block of the tickets. Miami fans don’t bother going to home games let alone crappy bowl games halfway across the country so the athletic department has to eat those tickets. It’s not just some small block of visitor team allocated tickets either. We’re talking about thousands of tickets. Between having to eat the tickets costs, the costs of traveling and additional coaching bonuses for bowl games, it could possibly cost UM money to play in some meaningless mid December bowl game in Shreveport with a walk-on quarterback.

SMU is arguably a sleeping giant. They have that Texas money and now with some winning and a "respectable" conference (I know, I know) looks like the big booster wallets have opened up hence the 200mil reportedly raised earlier.
Question Mark What GIF by Aminé

Advertisement
I really thought Arkansas would fire Pittman and go after Lashlee. Since he is from NW Arkansas and played there and they are after Pittman because the offense sucks. With the move to the SEC and the SMU money I would say SMU is now a better job than pork chop hill.

I really thought Arkansas would fire Pittman and go after Lashlee. Since he is from NW Arkansas and played there and they are after Pittman because the offense sucks. With the move to the SEC and the SMU money I would say SMU is now a better job than pork chop hill.
With that schedule for 2024, we might just see in a year from now. Bobby P is the new, "Interim coach for a few games," guy these days. Pittman might not even make it to the end of November.

Arkansas might be gun shy after their last coach from SMU, Chad Morris, crashed and burned epically and is went down to high school football and can only find a job now as an analyst. They will wait a bit longer to see what Lashlee does in the ACC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back