Lashlee and the SMU Canes(y'all words, not mine)...

Advertisement
Look, I'm not a Rhett Lashlee acolyte, really didn't like his run scheme. But the fact is he uses the talent he has. We did not do that on offense this year. He isn't a perfect OC, but he's unquestionably more agile and probably better on an absolute basis than the Dawson/Mario combo. Kudos to him and his team. They're going to be a thorn in our side in the ACC for a long time.

Advertisement
Get the ones that fit your style they’re usually a real difference maker . Thats why that area is the most sought out area to recruit

Someone on one of the UM facebook pages is claiming SMU vs UM in the Military Bowl.
Just what I needed in my life, frozen bowl game 2 miles from my house watching us get lit
up by Lashlee and a bunch of former Canes.
I saw it as well. Where do they play the Military Bowl? I know, I know but I'm too lazy.

Someone on one of the UM facebook pages is claiming SMU vs UM in the Military Bowl.
Just what I needed in my life, frozen bowl game 2 miles from my house watching us get lit
up by Lashlee and a bunch of former Canes.
24/7 sports had that projection. Other sites have different. Fox sports didn’t even have us lol. It’s all just for clicks at this point.

Personally I see No reason to root against any of these guys unless I missed them trashing UM on the way out.

Advertisement
What happens when he loses mannys players?

barack obama GIF

Look, I'm not a Rhett Lashlee acolyte, really didn't like his run scheme. But the fact is he uses the talent he has. We did not do that on offense this year. He isn't a perfect OC, but he's unquestionably more agile and probably better on an absolute basis than the Dawson/Mario combo. Kudos to him and his team. They're going to be a thorn in our side in the ACC for a long time.
They also have a real good young DC. Their future is looking bright as a program.

Advertisement
24/7 sports had that projection. Other sites have different. Fox sports didn’t even have us lol. It’s all just for clicks at this point.

Personally I see No reason to root against any of these guys unless I missed them trashing UM on the way out.

I don't root for or against these guys.
In fact, I couldn't care less either way as I don't want to waste my time
thinking about them.
Doing laundry, cleaning bathroom and watching midget Parwn from a pirated
Bulgarian cable tv outlet is higher in my priorities.

Perfectly put. Lashlee wasn't perfect here at all. But boy was he the best we've had in a long time.

I still dream about those little plays where Kosi/King would fake like it was a QB draw, but pull back and hit Mallory down the middle for a huge gain. Or when he play action faked on a 4th and 1 and hit Rooster on a wheel route for a huge td.

We will likely never see simple creativity like that again under Mario, and that makes me sad. Maybe we will at the end of seasons last game, when his smashmouth style has failed all season and were 6-5 with nothing to lose or gain.

Advertisement
SMU is arguably a sleeping giant. They have that Texas money and now with some winning and a "respectable" conference (I know, I know) looks like the big booster wallets have opened up hence the 200mil reportedly raised earlier.

Is SMU that good? Yall got SMU sounding like Oregon
They're not Oregon. not even close.

They're one of the top 2 or 3 G5 teams. They're 5th in the nation in scoring and 13th in scoring defense.

They've beat up on the teams in their talent bracket but their two losses were to the two P5 teams they played.

AAC Championship game vs Tulane this weekend should be a **** of a game.

They also run the ball more than they throw it and average 180 yards per game rushing for all the lAsHlEe CaN't CaLl RuNnInG PlAyS! folks on CIS.

They're not Oregon. not even close.

They're one of the top 2 or 3 G5 teams. They're 5th in the nation in scoring and 13th in scoring defense.

They've beat up on the teams in their talent bracket but their two losses were to the two P5 teams they played.

AAC Championship game vs Tulane this weekend should be a **** of a game.

They also run the ball more than they throw it and average 180 yards per game rushing for all the lAsHlEe CaN't CaLl RuNnInG PlAyS! folks on CIS.
They also lost starting QB last week.

Advertisement
Back