Larry Hodges in the portal

Advertisement
Yes, it helps us.

We were sitting on 22 ICs (we used 3 for guys who enrolled in August 2021). We can take as many as 29, assuming that 7 guys leave via the Portal. We will still have to get down to 85, which may likely involve more than 7 guys leaving, or some combination thereof. For instance, a guy could retire from football, and not even enter the Portal. That would help us on qualifiers (85) but not ICs (22-29 max).

I'm just going to trust Mario at this point, I'm sure he knows a lot more about who is likely to leave than any of the CIS posters do. We'll get down to 85. There has not been a single year that we have failed to do so.

And, in all honesty, I don't even think we'll get up to the full 29, even assuming that we could have done so. I just don't think there is enough remaining "quality" that Mario wants to bring in.

We have 14 HS commits. Let's say we get Conerly, and we are up to 15 signees. Right now, we have 5 transfers. So that is 20 guys. We would need to take 9 more guys from the Portal to hit our theoretical max of 29,
and I just don't think Mario wants to use 9 ICs on guys with less than full eligibility remaining. I suspect that Mario will roll some ICs over to the 2023 cycle.

Now, if the replacement ICs are "use it or lose it", then maybe we load up.

I think we take 5-6 more if the quality is there. Agree it's really hard to see taking 9.

But I see a LOT more transfer out. We'll be below 85 come end of Fall camp. Hodges was an obvious one (good luck young man!). There are many more like him on roster.

I always thought he’d do well here, but he got recruited over. It happens. We got some studs in that room.

He's a talent. But he wasn't even Bevin's height and didn't have THAT MUCH talent. I thought it was a miss tbh. And I think Mammarelli is a miss. Maybe our run game gets serious and Dominic sees more action. But I like Arroyo in those schemes over Mammarelli regardless given the screen threat he brings.

Back in the day a guy like this would contribute somewhere on the team, like special teams. I’ve gotten to the point that guys like him are pushed out snd we end of my ragones and Murphy’s having to play special teams!

Back in the day a guy like this would contribute somewhere on the team, like special teams. I’ve gotten to the point that guys like him are pushed out snd we end of my ragones and Murphy’s having to play special teams!

That Murphy kid was the little train that could.

To be fair, he was 5'6, but he had the build of a 35 year old man with 3 kids.

Advertisement

Portal changed that. But the musical chairs is about to see the music stop with a whole lot of players without a chair left. Once kids realize they have nowhere else decent to go, and we start winning, a lot of the guys that are STs and depth only may decide they're content to ride out their 4 years with Miami.

Hope he has a plan in place. So many unsigned kids in the portal right now. Then you add the legal issues and it could be tough sailing.

If it stayed that way we get never get Jalean, Rambo, Bubba, King, Osburn, TS2

Advertisement
He looks like he's going to cry.
taryn southern maker GIF by The Platform

Advertisement
By my count, that puts us at 88 scholarship guys. Hodges was one of my likely exits. 6 TEs is too many and he was probably last in that group.

I imagine 6-7 more leave and we add OL, CB, and LB via portal.

I figured he would transfer at some point when his mom was posting his time will come, be patient type of things on facebook last off season last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
By my count, that puts us at 88 scholarship guys. Hodges was one of my likely exits. 6 TEs is too many and he was probably last in that group.

I imagine 6-7 more leave and we add OL, CB, and LB via portal.

Not worried about caps. It’s the quality of available talent in the portal that’s the limiting factor IMO.

Personally, I’ll be shocked if only 6-7 more transfer out. And those PWOs who were on scholarship last season aren’t getting one if an important portal kid needs one.

C.Brown, Worsham, Reed, 1-2 OL, 2-3 LB, Matocha, At least 1 of Dunson/Washington/Harrell

Oh and pray to god Ivey

Think we are going to see quite a bit.

If it stayed that way we get never get Jalean, Rambo, Bubba, King, Osburn, TS2
Nope we get them but keep some of the guys we lost thus hurting depth. This is a player hat I know lots of folks talked good things about. It’s all good tho

Advertisement
Back