Larry Hodges in the portal

had good spring games but when mallory no hands decided to come back and waste a roster spot and playing time bc seniority everyone should seen losing a TE here or there would happen.
Hodges lost his spot to a freshman last year so miss me with that “seniority” excuse.

Advertisement
Back in the day a guy like this would contribute somewhere on the team, like special teams. I’ve gotten to the point that guys like him are pushed out snd we end of my ragones and Murphy’s having to play special teams!
Honestly, Murphy was one better guys on punt/kick coverage I’ve ever seen.

Why..Dude earn a spot on the Team Bro…these kids Wow..Good luck young man…Nothing is given U have to earn it..young man you are at University of Miami be Humble and enjoy the journey.. I hope he changes his mind.

Why..Dude earn a spot on the Team Bro…these kids Wow..Good luck young man…Nothing is given U have to earn it..young man you are at University of Miami be Humble and enjoy the journey.. I hope he changes his mind.
Why? He's undersized and lacks athleticism. He'd be battling for 4th on the depth chart at best and he has discipline problems to boot. Why do we need him to stick around?

Advertisement
had good spring games but when mallory no hands decided to come back and waste a roster spot and playing time bc seniority everyone should seen losing a TE here or there would happen.
Tape says otherwise.

Advertisement
The first play of this highlight film, the flea flicker to Mallory on the sideline --- the corner misjudged Mallory's speed SO BAD! lol.

Mallory can haul ***. Even if Arroyo ends up playing 60% of the snaps, we're fortunate to have Mallory as a number 2.
I was looking for that monster play he had from last season but couldn't find it. I think it got called back but Will looked alot like Gronk on that play. And FWIW... I think Will is a lock for TE 1

Brantley can end up doing that. HBACK role.

His issue is simple he is coming towards the end of his college career and needs to go somewhere to start or atleast be 2nd.

He wont be 2nd here with Mallory, and Arroyo.

Then at his spot he has Brantley and for sure Skinner that wouldve been nipping at his heels.

Mammarelli is a inline TE so he isnt a rush or in competition with him or much of our other te's.
This is true, forgot Brantley has a similar smaller body type that could work as H-back. Again, I loved that Quad Hill role. dude caught 29 passes his senior year…l and it feels like all of them were first downs. Like watchin* tony Nathan catching passes from Marino his first few years, good weapon to have

Best of luck to the young man. I have read here that Hodges got his degree. If true then I congratulate him on a job well done. The guy that suggested Coastal Carolina was on the mark imo.

Advertisement
I was looking for that monster play he had from last season but couldn't find it. I think it got called back but Will looked alot like Gronk on that play. And FWIW... I think Will is a lock for TE 1

Hodges should take the USF Christian Williams ‘I wanna be closer to home’ route.

And I can’t with Mallory. He needs to get tougher. Tired of seeing him get blown up in every game. D- as a blocker.

Not worried about caps. It’s the quality of available talent in the portal that’s the limiting factor IMO.

Personally, I’ll be shocked if only 6-7 more transfer out. And those PWOs who were on scholarship last season aren’t getting one if an important portal kid needs one.
I’ve still nver seen a situation where a kid we wanted wanted to come but we were out of room. But f*ck if people don’t worry about that sh*t every year anyway. There’s always either room or a way to make room.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back